JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you watching Gareth Barry...

+3
villanfromluton
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
ADRIAN_1976
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Are you watching Gareth Barry... - Page 3 Empty Re: Are you watching Gareth Barry...

Post  QBVILLA Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:24 pm

villainies wrote: Very Happy Only Villa jwnders have so much high praise for Barry - no other supporters pipe up with the sort of tosh I read on here. As I said at the beginning of this thread I like Barry and he is my favourite player since Cowans at VP. But I also recognise his limitations, certainly at the top end of the game he isn't good enough, its simple as that. If Man City want to start doing something against the top teams in Europe, Barry has to be replaced. Maybe if Mancini had already done so they wouldn't be staring at an away trip to Trabzonspor this winter.

Current league champions and he played in 34 of the 38 league games. I'd say that is a fair indication of the bloke's ability to cut it at the top end.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Are you watching Gareth Barry... - Page 3 Empty Re: Are you watching Gareth Barry...

Post  villanfromluton Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Shame how embarrassing when someone makes a complete dick of themselves and then compounds it by digging an even bigger hole by continuing to try and justify the point. QB, Barry has been a class act, would take Milner back now rather than him due to the age, but to say he has not been a top player is a joke
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Barry has 18 months left on his contract.. reports saying Man City want to renew it.. if they dont we should try and get him back in summer.. still get a few years service out of him.. esp in a 4-3-3
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm

What's even more ridiclous about Villaines posts, is that of the four big players that have left Villa over the past few season, Barry is the only one who has been a success.

Milner hadly get's a sniff, Downing has been completely frozen out, Young has done ok but certainly not the success he would hope and possibly not even in Fergie's first choice 11 now.

However, according to Villaines, no one rates Barry accept of us Villa fans, (and other than Mancini playing him every game for a couple of seasons and Capello picking him more than any other outfield England player during his time in charge)

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm

If we had to choice to bring back a player out of Young, Milner, Barry and Downing, It'd be James Milner for me, although Barry would be a close second.

Milner - he's not an out and out winger, although he can play there adeptly, but when he was central midfielder for us, we were very good. The guy puts 110% every game, and has good technical ability on the ball, and good awareness off of it. He's a battler.

He needs to play central midfield in order to progress IMO. In that season when Barry had left, Milner stepped up and filled that void.

If he was here right now, we'd have dominated a good number (maybe half the games) of the 12 games we've played in terms of midfield battles . Good at passing, good at tackling and making 'tactical fouls', good at creating chances and good at scoring goals. He can also take a good set piece, and was always confident at converting penalties.

His Premier League winners medal probably justifies his move, but I think it's stalled his progression as a player. Who knows what would've happened if he had stayed at Villa; but it could've been a possibility of him claiming a CM position for England. The things he has over Barry is age, tenacity, and probably pace.

If we had the chance to bring Barry back, I hope Villa takes it. If we had the chance to bring Milner back, I fecking hope we bite City's hand off.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Milner needs to make a move really.. whoever it is too..

He doesn't get mentioned often.. with Yaya Toure Silva Barry Garcia Rodwell around he will find it hard to start esp as the latter two have only just been signed so will probably get more preference.. Milner has made 3 starts in 11 games this season..

As for Barry.. he has made 7 starts this season so i think Mancini fancies him more..

I'd take either one of them back to add some experience to our team..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Barry part of the clearout at the end of the season according to todays press. Not suprising really, should've been shipped out last year. Wink
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:01 pm

villainies wrote:Barry part of the clearout at the end of the season according to todays press. Not suprising really, should've been shipped out last year. Wink

Not sure many Man City fans would agree with you
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:04 pm

If they think they can shift 11 players just like that then they have another thing coming..

There paying top dollar wages which other clubs can't afford.. Roque Santa Cruz is on loan and they have been trying to shift him for three seasons..!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:27 am

Villa, West Ham, Cardiff and Stoke eh. That top midfielder Gareth Barry is going to setting Europe alight at one of those 4 clubs next season.  LaughingRolling Eyes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-gareth-barry-1983961
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:01 pm

villainies wrote:Villa, West Ham, Cardiff and Stoke eh. That top midfielder Gareth Barry is going to setting Europe alight at one of those 4 clubs next season.  LaughingRolling Eyes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-gareth-barry-1983961
Would love it if we got Barry back. He is exactly the kind of player that we need.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:15 am

Would be a perfect signing.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:31 am

QB/ VFL.....what's happened to Barry?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:53 am

Signed for Everton on loan. Will be a real asset for them. Your memory is as short as your charm.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 am

His memory cant be that bad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 am

He could do ok for Everton, I suspect he has found his level there.

I was suprised Munich and Real weren't in for him though. Wink 
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:55 pm

villainies wrote:QB/ VFL.....what's happened to Barry?
Age.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:46 pm

He was tremendous tonight. Reckon we've missed a trick not going in for him.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

If Plan B is to play 4-2-4 with no creativity then we are fecked this season..

Our midfield is atrocious.. no goals and not much creativity.. three transfer windows have come and gone and we haven't rectified it..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:If Plan B is to play 4-2-4 with no creativity then we are fecked this season..

Our midfield is atrocious.. no goals and not much creativity.. three transfer windows have come and gone and we haven't rectified it..

its a feckin sham. i don't know what the feck is going on down at the villa. Mad 
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3