JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fergie tells pals he's confident of landing Arsenal ace

+3
jpr60
FrenchSpur
MrMagoo
7 posters

Go down

Fergie tells pals he's confident of landing Arsenal ace Empty Fergie tells pals he's confident of landing Arsenal ace

Post  MrMagoo Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 am

Gotta love these nonsense articles that have "secret source" or "family friend" giving information but no direct quotes.

If he is to leave Arsenal, I can only see him going to Spain or Italy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-believe-robin-van-1148540
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Fergie tells pals he's confident of landing Arsenal ace Empty Re: Fergie tells pals he's confident of landing Arsenal ace

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 am

MrMagoo wrote:Gotta love these nonsense articles that have "secret source" or "family friend" giving information but no direct quotes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-believe-robin-van-1148540

Yeah but you can see Fergie wanting to put the boot in cant you... Fergie and Wenger do have a bit of form... Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Fergie tells pals he's confident of landing Arsenal ace Empty Re: Fergie tells pals he's confident of landing Arsenal ace

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm

I read it as agent-action - RvP's Mr 15% has had a ManU involvement story thrown into the mix to try to get ManC to come out of their closet with a proper offer. I'd be happy if RvP went abroad, Spain or Italy - I'd be well peed-off if he joined an English club but I fear it's ManC who have been involved in this whole story from the beginning so they could well end up as his next club. Thing is they love to eff about, hoping to get a last-minute deal at a lower price. We'll see.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm

MrMagoo wrote:Gotta love these nonsense articles that have "secret source" or "family friend" giving information but no direct quotes.

Not so nonsense after all. bounce bounce bounce bounce

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19179833

Great signing for ManU and a good price for Arsenal for a player in the last year of his contract
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 pm

jpr60 wrote:I read it as agent-action - RvP's Mr 15% has had a ManU involvement story thrown into the mix to try to get ManC to come out of their closet with a proper offer. I'd be happy if RvP went abroad, Spain or Italy - I'd be well peed-off if he joined an English club but I fear it's ManC who have been involved in this whole story from the beginning so they could well end up as his next club. Thing is they love to eff about, hoping to get a last-minute deal at a lower price. We'll see.

I thought Man City paid over the odds rather then look for a bargain.

RvP to United keeps them in the title race..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:53 pm

£24m for a player with one full season under his belt and 12 months on his contract is ridiculous. Well played the Arsenal negotiating team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:14 am

RVP has always been a fantastic striker even when he had injury problems, if he stays fit and scored 30 goals I don't think Man Utd will be to disappointed with the price they are paying.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:£24m for a player with one full season under his belt and 12 months on his contract is ridiculous. Well played the Arsenal negotiating team.

He could get injured and Man U are paying over the odds, but it's the kind of player need to sign to try to show they can still compete with Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid in buying the big name players.

Says fit he will be a great signing, staying fit will of course be the issue.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 am

In a way it is a sad state of affairs. For the third best team to lose their captain and star player to another English club shows that the Premiership is becoming a second class competition. For years we've mocked the SPL for being a 12 club league with a two club domination. Now here we are with a two club domination of a twenty club league. That's the fifth captain Arsenal have lost in succession, what hope for the rest of the clubs?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:RVP has always been a fantastic striker even when he had injury problems, if he stays fit and scored 30 goals I don't think Man Utd will be to disappointed with the price they are paying.

Agreed. People go on about he has only had one full season.. but significantly it was last season..

Yes it can be classed as a gamble.. but with what other star players around its a gamble definitely worth taking..

From the Arsenal point of view.. can be seen as buying a player for a couple of million and at the age of 29 with a year left selling him for 24M.. brilliant for the book balancing.. but seven odd years since winning a trophy of any measure..

IF they invest that 24M on two players it might pay dividends.. or buy Llorente.. doubt it thou..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:17 pm

The main thing, from an Arsenal view-point is we've got rid of a player who no longer wanted to stay. I'm not sure he saw Manchester as his next port of call when he blurbed on about how Arsenal didn't have much of a future (that was a year after saying he only ever wanted to win trophies with Arsenal, he was, he said, a Gunner - OK, so much for what footballers say) but he talked himself into a corner and ManU turned out to be the only team wishing to pay up so now it's done.
We might have one or two others to move on too - the sooner the better, we've got some trophies to win!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Vermaelen to be named club captain - wonder how much Arsenal will flog him for next summer?

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Vermaelen to be named club captain - wonder how much Arsenal will flog him for next summer?

Won't happen. He's an Arsenal man through and through Whistle
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm

OK, but look at that - the players that Arsene Wenger has nurtured to greatness over the years :

Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie

- all captain towards the end of their respective Arsenal careers and all players who started out small and earned their reputation and success to the work of the genius that is manager of The Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Yup, Arsenal are certainly the world's best feeder club.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Yup, Arsenal are certainly the world's best feeder club.

Which is a clever comment but is not really backed up by facts.

With the exception of Fabregas (and, of course the RvP post-Arsenal situation has yet to unfold) there are very few players who have left Arsenal who have gone on to better things. Feeder clubs are usually the ones that bring the kids on and sell them as they get towards their peak, the likes of Vieira, Henry, Pires, Campbell etc hardly went on to greater things, they were all more-or-less past their respective sell-by dates.

So yes, we do sell players that want to leave but usually it's because we're not offering long-term, big-money deals to players approaching their top-level retirement age - if another club wants to take a chance all well-and-good. Let's see how the RvP story pans out.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:08 am

You can't argue against the players Wenger has found for relative small fees and made them into big fee players..

Just needs to add trophies to keep it going..

Word is Song will be off to Barca for 16Mish..

His and RvP sales would cancel the players brought in..

Let's see if you spend another 40M to strengthen the team..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down