JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Stadium

+2
QBVILLA
Bedshammer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Olympic Stadium Empty Olympic Stadium

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Olympic Stadium Empty Re: Olympic Stadium

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:07 pm

It'll benefit the club in the long run.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:It'll benefit the club in the long run.

If you remain in the prem then I think you're right. However, and given West Ham's form historically, relegation in the next three years isn't out of the question. Coventry have never recovered from their relegation and they themselves now don't own their own stadium either. Obviously there are differences between West Ham and Coventry but I think sometimes clubs are better off recognising what they are in size and stature than chase the dream which in the process loses the club's own identity.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

If you remain in the prem then I think you're right. However, and given West Ham's form historically, relegation in the next three years isn't out of the question. Coventry have never recovered from their relegation and they themselves now don't own their own stadium either. Obviously there are differences between West Ham and Coventry but I think sometimes clubs are better off recognising what they are in size and stature than chase the dream which in the process loses the club's own identity.

You are talking good sense. It's late November so you still had another month to get it out of the way, Still, it's done now.
Relax!!! Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:36 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

For the first time in god knows how long, the club is stable with a good first team squad and top notch manager who knows what it takes to get us established in the Premier League. The David's are striking while the iron is hot (excuse the pun) and it's the right move for the club IMO. You don't pass up the chance at a 60k seater stadium.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Jak, as I rapidly approach my 35th birthday i'm thinking of reinventing myself as a quiet thinking type. I may lose the goatee and instead sport a moustache. I may relinquish the Sun and go for the Guardian instead. My designer jeans may get swapped for some M&S strides and I may even sport a neckerchief.
I may.......
Most likely though I won't, so get fecked cockchops. Tosspot
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

For the first time in god knows how long, the club is stable with a good first team squad and top notch manager who knows what it takes to get us established in the Premier League. The David's are striking while the iron is hot (excuse the pun) and it's the right move for the club IMO. You don't pass up the chance at a 60k seater stadium.

Let's cut the shit here. Sam Allardyce is not what West Ham fans really want. So far there are few dissenting voices as he's done the business. However, a run of defeats, a couple of bore draws at home even and the few will gather in numbers. Sullivan and Gold aren't Russian billionaires and despite being complete arseholes are canny businessmen. They made a fortune out of Blues and for me moving into the Olympic Stadium is the first part of their exit strategy where they clean up financially.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm

If the David's wanted to make a profit, they wouldn't have touched the club. I wouldn't pay attention to what a vocal minority of fans think either. They're the same idiots who wanted Curbishley out after he led us to mid-table and would still be complaining if we won the Champions League 20 years on the bounce.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If the David's wanted to make a profit, they wouldn't have touched the club. I wouldn't pay attention to what a vocal minority of fans think either. They're the same idiots who wanted Curbishley out after he led us to mid-table and would still be complaining if we won the Champions League 20 years on the bounce.

Why's that then? There's plenty of money to be made in West Ham, and i'd be amazed if the Olympic Stadium isn't at the crux of it.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

The £80m debt they inherited that they're still paying out of their own back pockets. I know Villa fans have a grudge against them for whatever comments they've made in the past, but without them West Ham would be down where Pompey are now. They saved the club, and if they decide to sell up in a few years time with the club making a profit, in the Premiership, and with a shiny new stadium then they'll be remembered very fondly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If the David's wanted to make a profit, they wouldn't have touched the club. I wouldn't pay attention to what a vocal minority of fans think either. They're the same idiots who wanted Curbishley out after he led us to mid-table and would still be complaining if we won the Champions League 20 years on the bounce.

I don't think that's the case at all. Of course they want to make a profit, and they want to do so by growing the club, which is all to the good. Having said that, I don't know anyone who goes to games regularly who wants to move to the OS. You're not talking about a vocal minority at all.

Sam, however, is winning over the fans, although I take QB's point about what would happen if we We'r to have a losing run.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Bedshammer wrote:

I don't think that's the case at all. Of course they want to make a profit, and they want to do so by growing the club, which is all to the good. Having said that, I don't know anyone who goes to games regularly who wants to move to the OS. You're not talking about a vocal minority at all.

Sam, however, is winning over the fans, although I take QB's point about what would happen if we We'r to have a losing run.

I was talking about the fans not wanting Sam when I said about a vocal minority.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Bedshammer wrote:

I was talking about the fans not wanting Sam when I said about a vocal minority.

Ah, THAT vocal minority. It's dwindling all the time.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 pm

I suspect it'll be slightly bigger by the end of January with the run of fixtures coming up. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Eze, my dislike for Sullivan and Gold, the former moreso has nothing to do with being a Villa fan. Think by now you should know i'm not that tribal and i don't really care what people say about the club.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Jak, as I rapidly approach my 35th birthday i'm thinking of reinventing myself as a quiet thinking type. I may lose the goatee and instead sport a moustache. I may relinquish the Sun and go for the Guardian instead. My designer jeans may get swapped for some M&S strides and I may even sport a neckerchief.
I may.......

so in short you'll still be a tnuc

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Let's cut the shit here. Sam Allardyce is not what West Ham fans really want. So far there are few dissenting voices as he's done the business. However, a run of defeats, a couple of bore draws at home even and the few will gather in numbers. Sullivan and Gold aren't Russian billionaires and despite being complete arseholes are canny businessmen. They made a fortune out of Blues and for me moving into the Olympic Stadium is the first part of their exit strategy where they clean up financially.

me personally think this move is the biggest mistake ever...whether it's going to hold 60 or 80 k...if wh like qb's says start playing these fecking boring games...then the way i see it is the seats wont be filled and will look like villa park....

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Billy Bonds wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Jak, as I rapidly approach my 35th birthday i'm thinking of reinventing myself as a quiet thinking type. I may lose the goatee and instead sport a moustache. I may relinquish the Sun and go for the Guardian instead. My designer jeans may get swapped for some M&S strides and I may even sport a neckerchief.
I may.......

so in short you'll still be a tnuc

Yep
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Well I think Wet Spam will do just fine at their new ground.... just buy some binoculars to watch the game
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Have to say that's my only concern, from a specatators point of view. The thought of having to watch home games through binocuars is totally unaccaeptable IMO - that's really something that has to be taken into consideration.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 am

Pfft. Tell them to shove it the same place Chelsea shovel their blue flag on Saturday.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 am

Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:54 pm

We've been granted preferred bidder status. Cna't wait to hear what Barry HeRn's got to say about it. I'm sure Sky will give him a platform to air his views.
Sleep
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Bedshammer wrote:We've been granted preferred bidder status. Cna't wait to hear what Barry HeRn's got to say about it. I'm sure Sky will give him a platform to air his views.
Sleep

Preferred bidder status???? I thought you were getting it today..... Herne could still get it if he paid enough...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next