JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up

+10
QBVILLA
Bedshammer
Billy Bonds
marsamgod73
villainies
jak
Jay.P.A
jpr60
villanfromluton
spirit
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up Empty Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up

Post  spirit Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 pm

9th march reading away
16th march qpr home
13th april fulham home
27th april sunderland home
19th may wigan away
anything else from the other games would be a bonus, i cannot see us winning all five, but thats what i believe we need to do

spirit

Back to top Go down

Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up Empty Re: Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:56 pm

We looked stronger defensively today, albeit against a team who were not at their best by a long way. Clark was excellent at the back, Baker did well at left back and Vlaar was strong against the gypo. Hopefully we will get a bit of confidence from the win and can kick on. Those 5 games are going to be nervous thats for sure.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up Empty Re: Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up

Post  jpr60 Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Pleased to see you got the points today (it's not as if the Hammers were defending a fantastic away record) and I'm sure your lot will take confidence from that. Aston Villa will not go down!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:36 pm

jpr60 wrote:Pleased to see you got the points today (it's not as if the Hammers were defending a fantastic away record) and I'm sure your lot will take confidence from that. Aston Villa will not go down!

Not a good game JP, but as you say hopefully we will get confidence from that and should win next game easily to pull away from the rabble at the bottom Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:54 pm

I thought Delph was immense.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Jay, I agree that Delph had a good game, have to say Clark, who I have slagged off a lot, was my MOTM, made some great interceptions
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 pm

You slag me off a lot, can I be your man of the match?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:12 pm

I would say five years and you still wouldnt get up Jak
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 pm

spirit wrote:9th march reading away
16th march qpr home
13th april fulham home
27th april sunderland home
19th may wigan away
anything else from the other games would be a bonus, i cannot see us winning all five, but thats what i believe we need to do

i'd chuck in stoke and norwich and say 15 points from those seven. 5 wins is a massive ask for this club but maybe sneak four wins and three draws to stay up by the skin of our teeth. it will be very very close for sure.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:00 pm

There's a few very poor sides in the PL this year, I thought Sunderland were rubbish on Saturday.
This season there's gonna be a few candidates for a big battle.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  marsamgod73 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:40 pm

My ticket for QPR arrived today, I'm not the biggest Redknapp fan in the world at the best of times so a bit of relegation spice should do nicely and the Sunderland game falls on my 40th birthday so it could be a day of triumph or many epic fails
marsamgod73
marsamgod73

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Think we'll have a point of citeh tonight. feel it in me bones ayyyeei
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm

villainies wrote:Think we'll have a point of citeh tonight. feel it in me bones ayyyeei

Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Beds Clap

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Villa did play very well and deserved a draw.
They're coming together as a team and I think they'll be OK.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:26 pm

jak wrote:Villa did play very well and deserved a draw.

Yes.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:24 am

Guzan made some great saves and City wasted plenty of chances. For me the scoreline flattered us but that said there were plenty of plus sides to our performance.Lowton had a good game and Agbonlahor put a real shift in. Delph was in the main superb but that was a brainless yellow card in the 92nd minute. Whether we stay up will be down to the other sides failings as much as our achieving. Personally I think we're going down though six points from the next two games and i'll start believing.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:51 am

QBVILLA wrote:

Guzan made some great saves and City wasted plenty of chances. For me the scoreline flattered us but that said there were plenty of plus sides to our performance.Lowton had a good game and Agbonlahor put a real shift in. Delph was in the main superb but that was a brainless yellow card in the 92nd minute. Whether we stay up will be down to the other sides failings as much as our achieving. Personally I think we're going down though six points from the next two games and i'll start believing.

Well I do hope you pull it off. It will be a sad day if a team with your history gets relegated. Good Luck
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:42 am

You just seemed to lack a bit of creativity last night, apart from Delphs lunatic booking. I reckon you'll stay up.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:51 am

Quite simply there isn't enough quality in the squad for a premier league club. Clark's mistake was typical of the season. It was probably the only thing he got wrong all night but that's the way it is in the Prem, mistakes get punished. Villa are a massive club historically but unfortunately that counts for bugger all. Club wise I think we're on par with Everton and Spurs in terms of size etc but our playing staff are bottom three for a reason. There were glimmers of hope last night but we've seen plenty of them this season only to get dropped firmly on our arses the following game. There was a bit of character showed last night and we should have had a penalty for the foul on Benteke but on balance City were deserved winners.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Midfield is weak and shit.

We could and maybe should have had a penalty thou..

Also i think we need to stop calling him 'Concrete' Ron Shocked
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Midfield is weak and shit.

I thought Delph played well again last night other than his stupid booking. Westwood I'm not sure about though.

Unfortunately i just can't see us getting anything other than a point out the next two games, hope I am wrong but think we are down. The lack of experience in our defence is ridiculously obvious.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Delph looks ok.. he is playing better but he needs better midfielders around him..

I still have hope Shocked .. we have reading and QPR next up.. in the worst case scenario we need to at least draw these 2.. i know everyone says we need wins.. which is true but defeat is unthinkable because it gives the other two big advantages over us..

We still have Sunderland Fulham Norwich and Wigan too.. the first three are games we can def win because they haven't got anything to play for really as in they should be safe..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 pm

4 points minimum from these next two. If we lose one of them I think the last shred of confidence we have will disappear. I think we've got goals in us, its just a question of hanging on to a lead and doing it four or five times. I'm still not convinced.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:49 pm

After watching the season so far what are everyones views on PL..

Is he having a tough time with the wage restriction and not having any money to spend or is he not as good as we thought before he came to Villa..

If miraculously we stayed up and RL was to give PL 20-30M in the summer would we trust PL to spend it wisely...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:51 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Midfield is weak and shit.

Why have you mentioned Concrete Ron?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next