JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benteke does a U turn....

+4
villanfromluton
jak
roadoftrinity
truevillan
8 posters

Go down

Benteke does a U turn.... Empty Benteke does a U turn....

Post  truevillan Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:22 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23383683

there was no need to put in the transfer request ..Villa would have given him a new deal anyway .....greedy agents eh ? lets look forward to a great new season Very Happy 
truevillan
truevillan

Back to top Go down

Benteke does a U turn.... Empty Re: Benteke does a U turn....

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Fantastic news that we have him for at least another season, well guess he could go in January.

If he stays fit it will make a huge difference to our season, look forward to seeing him playing for us next season.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 pm

I must say I'm pleased that Benteke has done the right thing.
We're never going to have a competitive PL if players like Benteke don't show some regard for the contract they sign and some loyalty to the club and it's fans. He's a young man with plenty of time to fulfill his dreams.
Plus, I didn't want him to go to the Spuds and I didn't want you lot having any excuses following your impending visit to The Emirates.Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Very badly advised by his agent, thank feck Lambert has made him see sense. Things are looking very good at Villa Park with all the young players signing new contracts and all the new signings who seem to be settling in.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:29 am

Pretty damn good news but there will be constant speculation of him leaving from the beginning of the season. Treacherous little fecker.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 am

There are those, not me of course, who have you down as a treacherous little fecker too.Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:02 pm

villainies wrote:Pretty damn good news but there will be constant speculation of him leaving from the beginning of the season. Treacherous little fecker.

Why will there be constant speculation, it has been put to bed until next summer IMHO. Then will be a different matter IF he performs to the same standard of last season and will be wanted and ready for the top clubs
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:03 pm

jak wrote:There are those, not me of course, who have you down as a treacherous little fecker too.Very Happy 

You are quite right Jak, I do
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 am

Villa have done the right thing signing him until 2017, next season if he scores a bag full of goals for Villa and has a good WC too he will be worth 30-40ml when he is eventually sold with years to go on the contract Very Happy  he cant be trusted to stop so we will have to make the most of him.
truevillan
truevillan

Back to top Go down

Benteke does a U turn.... Empty Interesting read

Post  Reddi! Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:Pretty damn good news but there will be constant speculation of him leaving from the beginning of the season. Treacherous little fecker.

Why will there be constant speculation, it has been put to bed until next summer IMHO. Then will be a different matter IF he performs to the same standard of last season and will be wanted and ready for the top clubs

He put in a transfer request in divvy. It throws his long term commitment into question and if he has a good start to the season then the rumours will kick off straight away.

However it's nice not to lose him to either Spurs or Liverpool.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:13 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

He put in a transfer request in divvy. It throws his long term commitment into question and if he has a good start to the season then the rumours will kick off straight away.

However it's nice not to lose him to either Spurs or Liverpool.

True enough, can't stand these Spuds and Bin Dippers making out theirs' are big clubs.

Had a bit of fun over the last few weeks winding spuds up though! Very Happy
Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:42 am

Apparently there is no release clause in his contract so with a extra year on his deal he would have to have a phenomenal start to the season for him to leave in January, and it's only going to be one of the really big clubs that can afford him.

I seriously believe that signing Benteke on a new deal is the difference between us fighting at the bottom to now pushing for top 10.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:30 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Apparently there is no release clause in his contract so with a extra year on his deal he would have to have a phenomenal start to the season for him to leave in January, and it's only going to be one of the really big clubs that can afford him.

I seriously believe that signing Benteke on a new deal is the difference between us fighting at the bottom to now pushing for top 10.

I agree with that. The only thing that may hamper us is if the rest of the squad get pissy over his transfer request and subsequent pay hike and contract extension. If the feeling is that he's looking at getting away as soon as he can it might destabilise the sqaud. If everyone is mature enough to set that aside and put in a shift then I think we'll have a decent season.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:49 pm

villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:Apparently there is no release clause in his contract so with a extra year on his deal he would have to have a phenomenal start to the season for him to leave in January, and it's only going to be one of the really big clubs that can afford him.

I agree with that. The only thing that may hamper us is if the rest of the squad get pissy over his transfer request and subsequent pay hike and contract extension. If the feeling is that he's looking at getting away as soon as he can it might destabilise the sqaud. If everyone is mature enough to set that aside and put in a shift then I think we'll have a decent season.

Surely the rest of the squad will know that they're in a better position with him than they are without him. It's against all their interests to get relegated. I saw a good spirit in a common interest at Villa as last season wore on, I think that will continue and there is certainly potential in the young squad.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Considering 12 players in the squad have either been signed this summer or signed a new contract I don't see that been an issue. They are probably more concerned that Stephen Ireland gets paid more than Benteke, as do Bent and Given most likely.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 am

They may be pissed off about Ireland but I can't see why they'd be pissed off about Bent or Given. Neither have them have given less than 100%. they're out the team because the manager doesn't want them. In Ireland's case it is down to attitude.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:55 am

QBVILLA wrote:They may be pissed off about Ireland but I can't see why they'd be pissed off about Bent or Given. Neither have them have given less than 100%. they're out the team because the manager doesn't want them. In Ireland's case it is down to attitude.

I was talking more in relation to them been pished off about Benteke's wages as they are both paid more than him.

But Given and Bent have done nothing wrong.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Only a pres season friendly but we lost 2-0 to non league Luton last night..

Haven't kept a clean sheet in any of the friendlies thus far.. last night in second half we had Guzan Vlaar Clarke Luna Lowton lining up and still conceded a soft goal..

We do have Okore to come in but he has missed most of preseason and never played with a premier league back four before.. just hope he can hit the ground running..

After a net spend of 11M.. i am hoping there is money in the pocket for at least one creative midfielder.. but it seems we need to shift Bent Ireland Given out first..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 pm

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:

Surely the rest of the squad will know that they're in a better position with him than they are without him. It's against all their interests to get relegated. I saw a good spirit in a common interest at Villa as last season wore on, I think that will continue and there is certainly potential in the young squad.

Yes indeed, good spirit at the end and some decent play. Then Tekkers bangs in a written transfer request at the first opportunity.....as a fellow team member you have to question that surely?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:52 am

villainies wrote:
jak wrote:
villainies wrote:

Yes indeed, good spirit at the end and some decent play. Then Tekkers bangs in a written transfer request at the first opportunity.....as a fellow team member you have to question that surely?

It's football not an army squadron. The players won't give a shit, I wouldn't.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:36 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Only a pres season friendly but we lost 2-0 to non league Luton last night..

Haven't kept a clean sheet in any of the friendlies thus far.. last night in second half we had Guzan Vlaar Clarke Luna Lowton lining up and still conceded a soft goal..

We do have Okore to come in but he has missed most of preseason and never played with a premier league back four before.. just hope he can hit the ground running..

After a net spend of 11M.. i am hoping there is money in the pocket for at least one creative midfielder.. but it seems we need to shift Bent Ireland Given out first..

Im not too worried about the start of pre-season, many managers just use the early weeks as fitness exercise, hence the total changes on 60 mins by Villa each game so far. They continue to push them physically even day before pre-season match in order for them to be up to speed come the start of the season. Hopefully, a few of the injured players will be returning, but I was impressed with the likes of Donceian, Carruthers and Grealish at Luton and think they are good prospects for the future, Johnson showed some nice touches as well. The defence does need to get tighter this season though, I agree Ades. They lined up on Tuesday with just one holding midfielder Gardner and then Westwood, and then two in midfield slightly higher up    
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down