JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are.....

+4
QBVILLA
villanfromluton
jak
jpr60
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

We are..... - Page 2 Empty Re: We are.....

Post  villainies Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Everton
Man City
Chelsea
West Ham
Newcastle

Let's see how the gooners are doing after this month and a few proper tests.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:41 pm

I see what you mean by "tests" - for Man City and Chelsea, eh?
I don't expect us to have dropped our position - "We are top of the league......." - after this sequence of matches.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:04 pm

jpr60 wrote:I see what you mean by "tests" - for Man City and Chelsea, eh?
I don't expect us to have dropped our position - "We are top of the league......." - after this sequence of matches.
I predict Chelsea will be sitting pretty by the New Year as the wheels come off for Arsenal. Wink 
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:23 pm

villainies wrote:
I predict Chelsea will be sitting pretty by the New Year as the wheels come off for Arsenal. Wink 
Oh dear. Still, you're in "good" company, errr.... Hansen, Shearer...............

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 pm

villainies wrote:
I find that very comforting, coming from you, Villainies. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 am

Hull City/Tigers tomorrow at The Grove. Bit of a banana skin you say? Eff off say I, we is too good to slip up.
We'll have a slightly re-worked starting eleven methinks, Sagna is already ruled out so Jenko will presumably step up and I suspect the midfield might look a touch altered. I could see Rosicky coming in - perhaps Ramsey and/or Wee Jack might be given a rest. I'd like to see Cazorla start cos I reckon he needs to play himself back into his best form. Anyway, it's all good and I'm hoping for (yet) another performance and three points, just to set us up nicely for the "tests" to come, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Cazorla needs a licence to roam to be seen at his best.
Every game is a big game now. Come on you Gunners!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Another win v Hull, very well done. Now for Everton - a BIG game.
Come on you Gunners.cheers 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:22 am

Yes, a good performance - we could/should have scored more but the two goals we got were superbly well worked and scored. Cazorla put in a good shift so I reckon he's well on his way back to form - can't wait for the "tests" now, Everton, Napoli, ManC and Chelsea eh? Are we up for it? I think we are!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Well if we want to win anything we're going to have to mix it with the big boys at some stage. I think we are better equipped to do that than we have been for a few years now.
When I look at last nights results, Hazard was allowed to run riot by Sunderland, without which Chelsea did not look anything special. I didn't see anything of City, so can't comment on their performance.
I think Utd don't have a side to win a major trophy, at the moment and were fortunate to meet The Arsenal when vital players were affected by illness.
Anyway we've got a tough run of matches, we'll know a lot more about our prospects by the end of this month.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:14 am

"Test 1" : Can't help but feel we let a coupla points slip there - when you've got the goal near the end you think you'll be able to get the win (and I thought throughout the match it would be a one-goal game). Still, Everton were very good and for much of the first half we were hardly in it. Having turned that around I thought we might just snatch it but that equaliser came from nowhere - what a strike - so a draw was probably a fair result. A great defensive display from our two centre-backs, a lot of hard work from Giroud (as usual) and some clever touches from Özil, otherwise a slightly disappointing performance from midfield - still, onwards and upwards eh? We're only five points clear at the top of the table - now let's get on with our European campaign - are you ready Napoli?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:17 am

They were ready, apparently. Not a particularly good performance - I thought we looked a touch jaded although we knocked the ball around well. Conceding near the end of the match didn't do us any good either - I'm hoping those goals will provide the necessary warning for the up-coming matches. The ref was your average plonk - that ex-West Ham bloke Bahrami (or whatever his name is - a foreign Robbie Savage if ever there was one) committed at least six niggling fouls without picking up a card, Arteta fouled twice and got two yellows. Still, we're through and now face whatever we're given in the knock-out stages. If you want to win this thing you've got to beat a "top" team so why not start now? And I suspect none of the "top" teams will fancy playing The Arsenal over two legs either.
Now, more importantly, ManC on Saturday lunch-time. Are we ready? Yes we effin are - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:29 am

Yes, the Napoli result has gone, we're through to the knock-outs of the CL, nothing worth dwelling on, though we did set up for a draw, rightly or wrongly.
I hope we go to Man C and play our natural attacking game.
Come on you Gunners!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Well, we got blown away there.
Comments :
1) The best team won (obviously);
2) Although not at our best we could've scored another 4 goals (we could've won 7-6). Giroud, on another day would've scored a hat-trick (in the first 12 minutes of the second half) and that certainly was a penalty for hand-ball;
3) Some of the ref/linesmen decisions were poor (i.e. not in our favour) today.
Frankly I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist over this one. We'll beat City 2-1 at The Grove which will make up the points lost today and I firmly believe that our up-coming opponents are in for a severe shafting between now and New Year - come on Arsenal! We are top-of-the-league (play-out to fade)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Are those wheels coming off? Even if they are the others are so inconsistent that Arsenal still have a good shit at it this year. Premiership isn't at it it's best at the moment but its fun for the neutral. Come on Liverpool.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:24 am

I'm not sure we fielded our best team in our best formation yesterday. Why do we continue on occasions to think Ramsey can play anywhere other than in the centre, he's the best midfielder in the PL on form and we play him out wide where time and again he has not looked comfortable.
And is Wilshire going the way of so many English starlets?
He gave a dismal display yesterday, his extreme one footedness is becoming more and more exposed, he's dwelling far too long on the ball and unless that changes I can't see him finding a regular spot in the starting line up.
He is suffering from the same as Ramsey was at the beginning of last season and the season prior to that. He really needs to sharpen his game. I'm sorry to say.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Chelsea at home on Monday night. I fully expect that we're gonna win, I just hope it's a good win and a good performance. We'll be without Koscielny and Wilshere but I reckon we've enough to again beat the team that is lurking just behind us (we did it against Tottingham who were certainly lurking at the time, we did it against Liverpool who were lurking and have continued to do so since) and I trust we'll do it to ManC, eventually when they visit us in March 2014. Can we maintain top spot for the whole season? Why not? We are top of the league........isn't it nice?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Koscielny is a big loss.
I hope we put our best foot forward against Chelsea and if we work hard with the right players in their right positions, we have a great chance of beating them.
We will need someone to get a grip on Hazard, he's Chelsea's biggest threat.
Come on you Gunners!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:22 am

Now that's two points just given away - we really should have done better there. The ref had his usual poor day but that's not the point, we should have won the match anyway. Chelsea, I'm sure are much happier with the draw than we are. Oh well, watch our West Ham, you're next!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:44 am

Not a great fan of Mike Dean, but thought he did well last night.

To not get a shot on target for 85 minutes is a shock for a team with the class of Arsenal. Not sure why he didnt give Cazorla at least half hour to make an impact. Think a draw was probably a fair result, though Chelsea created the better chances on the counter attack
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:58 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Not a great fan of Mike Dean, but thought he did well last night.

To not get a shot on target for 85 minutes is a shock for a team with the class of Arsenal. Not sure why he didnt give Cazorla at least half hour to make an impact.  Think a draw was probably a fair result, though Chelsea created the better chances on the counter attack

Dean fecked up with the penalty, no doubt but that's football these days. I totally agree re Cazorla, why he's not on the pitch and 'give it away' Rosicky is playing, I'll never know. Rosicky just is not good enough against the top PL sides.
I really wonder about Wenger's tactical nous at times. We should have played the away game at Man City in the way we approached the home game last night.
Chelsea were there for the taking and we just did not go after them, so much so that you could say we were afraid of them.
I see a familiar pattern emerging.
We just have to perform better against the top sides.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Like to see us go big at Upton Park tomorrow - 3-4-3 - with Podolski, Giroud & Theo up top, 4 in midfield including Flamini plus Gibbs as a left-winger and any 2 from Cazorla, Ramsey, Arteta, Ozil & Rosicky (my preference Cazorla & Ramsey, Arteta needs to recover from the whacks received from Chelsea plus why not give Ozil a break) - I think we can get something out of this game and improve our goal difference (no disrespect Hammers but we gotta do the job)! Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Come on you Gunners!!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:22 pm

The result was right but, yet again we really should have scored more. A couple of goals from the several chances we had in the first half would have lessened that "Oh Jesus" feeling when we conceded at the start of the second half and although I always felt we'd win there is always that possibility that it's gonna be one of "those" games. Still, Podolski (nice to see him in action again), Theo and even Giroud (who's missed more chances in the past few games than I've ever seen), who held the ball up nicely for Podolski's strike, did the necessary and yes, "We are top of the league......." (again)! Bad news for Ramsey who could be out for a while but we'll have Wilshere and probably Koscielny plus Rosicky back in contention for Sunday's visit north - we've some bar codes to put back in their box (oooo, I'ate that Pardew fella)..........come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Yes, for a while yesterday I thought it was gonna be one of those days but all's well that ends well. I like Podolski as a player, he gives us something different.
Giroud's form is a worry, he's got to start hitting the target. He's a decent player and has done a lot of hard work but yesterday you just got the impression that he is totally knackered.
I won't share your optimism about Rosicky's return but I hope we set up with both Flamini and Arteta for a tough game against Newcastle.
Come on you Gunners !!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum