JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-season

3 posters

Go down

Pre-season Empty Pre-season

Post  jpr60 Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Emirates Cup - yes, a 5-1 win against Benfica, yes Sanogo has finally got off the mark (with the odd 4 goals) as has Campbell (just the one but a lively display) but I was mainly impressed by young Calum Chambers, what a debut! Centre-back alongside Monreal, he looked in total control and super cool. No panics, no miss-kicks. he read the game well and dealt with the opposition, especially in the second half. Looks like we've got a good'n there!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Pre-season Empty Re: Pre-season

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 am

and yet you managed to lose to the minnows of Monaco
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:57 pm

We lost to Monaco cos we didn't play well at all, but Calum Chambers wasn't at fault (in fact he only played half the match) - it was the fact that most of yesterday's team are still to reach their normal fitness levels, whereas many of those who played against Benfica the previous day were at a better level of fitness. This was only a pre-season session you know - however I can still have a mini rant at the refereeing where Atkinson first awarded Arsenal a pen (correctly, Akpom being felled by the Monaco keeper two yards inside the penalty area) then chose to follow advice from a touchline assistant and gave a free-kick in the edge of the area instead! That's one Atkinson owes us - let's hope a favorable decision is due during the season ahead (swings & roundabouts).

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Refereeing in this country seems to me to be heading down the toilet...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Well, until they allow the ref to see what everyone else can see on the TV or on the screens in the stadium they can't help but make some mistakes. Atkinson's cock-up was worse yesterday though cos he got the call right at first then apparently changed his mind having listened to bad advice from his linesman - still, on this occasion is wasn't important but I trust it'll be a touch more efficient in the league season, or is that just wishful thinking?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Monaco. Schmonaco.  Huh Huh Huh 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: