JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CL, continued

3 posters

Go down

CL, continued Empty CL, continued

Post  jpr60 Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:32 am

Well, that was a crap match & a crap performance last night, but we still managed to win!
I truly thought that Anderlecht were awful and couldn't imagine we'd concede a goal and/or not win - well, we conceded the goal (total crap defending, as usual) but somehow managed to score twice at the death. Two good goals but, otherwise how poor were we?
We really have to wake up some time. This season has gone flat - we've not had a decent 90-minute team performance (Alexis puts in a 90-minute shift every time he plays but the rest.....).
Come on Arsenal.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

CL, continued Empty Re: CL, continued

Post  jpr60 Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Well, we were good (3-0) and then we were crap (3-3) - it's The Arsenal Way!
Just need a point from the remaining matches - Dortmund at home, Galatasary away - think we'll get it?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:17 pm

The problem with our squad has not been addressed and the result is the same. It's a fool who keeps making the same mistake, expecting a different result. I've said it before, while I like Wenger, at times he is tactically naive.
We'll get the point but then go through and get a difficult draw and struggle, again!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:37 pm

jak wrote:The problem with our squad has not been addressed and the result is the same. It's a fool who keeps making the same mistake, expecting a different result. I've said it before, while I like Wenger, at times he is tactically naive.
We'll get the point but then go through and get a difficult draw and struggle, again!!!

Finally, at least one of you Goons is waking up to what the rest of us have been saying for a long, long time. Wenger lost it a decade ago and it aint coming back.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Tilton wrote:
jak wrote:The problem with our squad has not been addressed and the result is the same. It's a fool who keeps making the same mistake, expecting a different result. I've said it before, while I like Wenger, at times he is tactically naive.

Finally, at least one of you Goons is waking up to what the rest of us have been saying for a long, long time. Wenger lost it a decade ago and it aint coming back.

There's a big difference between lost and mislaid. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:05 pm

I agree, and Wenger has definitely lost it. I think he knows it too.

Although, there are still some misguided fools who reckon he's better than Jose! Laughing Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:13 pm

OK, just to up-date we did a job on Dortmund (Alexi's goal a gem) and we're qualified, right?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:46 pm

And I think we can get the win in Turkey too! However I'm not sure that Dortmund will oblige - still, you never know! We get the win, we might finish top!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:20 pm

OK, we finished second on goal difference (and what a difference that 3-0-up, 3-3 draw with Anderlecht has made, in retrospect) but that was a good enough performance with a couple of wonder-strikes thrown in for good measure. Now we can wait to see which sh!te-hot team we'll be drawn against!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Well,I must say, that Ramsey goal was something else. It's notable how Ramsey's performance and movement in a game improves when Wilshire isn't playing. Last season Ramsey was a revelation, when Wilshire was off injured. This year he's looked half the player. Now Wilshire is injured there's an immediate improvement in his game. There's a problem that Wenger will have to address. Although the way Wilshire keeps hanging his leg out to be kicked, the problem might, unfortunately, solve itself.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:52 pm

So, we get Monaco. That makes a change from Bayern. If we'd have finished top we'd have got Juventus. Oh well, they're all difficult matches now but I'd give us a fair chance of doing well against Monaco over two matches - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Yes, jpr, we've got the best of the draw but as you so rightly say, there's no easy games at this stage of the CL.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down