JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New season

+2
ADRIAN_1976
Tilton
6 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New season - Page 7 Empty Re: New season

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 pm

Home to Norwich next - it'll be a battle given that the visitors will be fighting to remain in the Premier League. I trust The Arsenal will be fighting to finish as high in the table as possible - so it could be a good'un - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:58 pm

This one has a slip up written large all over it
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:28 am

I agree, but I don't think we will. We have to cement our position near the top and the players will want to be playing in the CL next season so there shouldn't be any hapless faffing about this time around.
Meanwhile some of the fans groups are targeting a protest during and after the match - calling for change (e.g. ownership/manager) which certainly won't add to the atmosphere of support but, there we are, the fans pay their money so they have a say I suppose. The only thing that would make the club sit up and take notice would be if tickets for the match weren't sold IMO. Still, sign of the times. We're currently five points behind Tottingham and the general consensus is that Tottingham are having a great season with a top manager whereas The Arsenal are rubbish with a crap manager - I find it all a touch overstated and, as usual driven by media frenzy - but that's the way it is. Yes, we've underachieved of course - we're the only team to have beaten Leicester twice this season and we haven't lost to Tottingham - but things are not as bad as is being said, again IMO.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:08 am

It sounds like some of your fans are finally waking up and smelling the garlic.....

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Tilton wrote:It sounds like some of your fans are finally waking up and smelling the garlic.....

They should be careful what they wish for IMO - I don't see a better manager available out there. Maybe there is and, The Arsenal being a touch more well-informed than your average Joe, perhaps there'll be plans afoot for a new giant to replace Arsene come the end of his contract but not yet, not now and certainly not as a result of the likes of Piers Morgan (fer chrissake) having a pop. No, we're OK - we just need to finish this season properly, line up a couple more key signings and start next year in a far better condition than we started this season!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 01, 2016 11:26 am

A win, two more wins please to finish off the season on a (relative) high and then we can take a deep breath.
Nicely taken goal by Welbeck, great assist from Giroud and a few other nice moves - good stuff from Mo, great stops from Czech - three points was necessary, of course - now for the future!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 05, 2016 1:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:It sounds like some of your fans are finally waking up and smelling the garlic.....

They should be careful what they wish for IMO - I don't see a better manager available out there. Maybe there is and, The Arsenal being a touch more well-informed than your average Joe, perhaps there'll be plans afoot for a new giant to replace Arsene come the end of his contract but not yet, not now and certainly not as a result of the likes of Piers Morgan (fer chrissake) having a pop. No, we're OK - we just need to finish this season properly, line up a couple more key signings and start next year in a far better condition than we started this season!

I hear this same thing from Arsenal fans EVERY SINGLE SEASON!

You'll still finish 4th next year, 3rd at a push. Go out of the CL in the group stages. Outside chance of winning a domestic trophy etc etc

Just face it, that is your level these days under Wenger.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu May 05, 2016 2:26 pm

OH come on... We all know that qualification for the CL is the same as winning a trophy.....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 05, 2016 3:17 pm

Whoever told you that was talking shite.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 05, 2016 4:56 pm

True dat - anyone can win a trophy (even Birmingham City have Very Happy ) but not many can qualify for the CL, eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 06, 2016 10:18 am

Man City on Sunday. I trust they've all got the hump up there and are more interested in going on holiday than playing against The Arsenal - let's see - wait and hope. Three points and the chance to see Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla strut their stuff is was we're looking at - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Was wrong about City, they came out fighting - I haven't seen Aguero that involved for a long time - so a 2-2 result was acceptable, although I thought we'd nick it at the death, but we didn't. Both Alexis and Olly got their respective 13th league goals of the season, well-taken strikes and Olly played particularly well I thought. Still, with Tottingham failing again that 2nd place is up for grabs next week - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 12, 2016 1:44 pm

So, final match of the season coming up, at home to Aston Villa on Sunday. Ok, we've got to win, that's clear but I'd hoped that Sunderland would only draw with Everton (WTF happened to Everton?) leaving Newcastle ready to do battle with Tottingham - The Arsenal to win, Newcastle too and The Arsenal finish second! As it stands the Newcastle players won't give a monkey's since their current manager won't be there for them in the championship and half the players won't be there either, so, final game? Psssst.
Shame, I fancied us finishing second - I certainly fancied us finishing above Tottingham (who somehow got away with their shameful performance against Chelsea without being punished by an FA who have never felt held back when dishing out the shIte to us in the old days for lack of discipline or whatever). Oh well, that's the way it goes. The exception that proves the rule, eh? Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu May 12, 2016 5:03 pm

I think you can count yourself lucky that the only one of the big teams that performed this season was the Spuds.... IF the others had done so there would be some trips out to the Russian Steppes next season.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Tottingham - "Big teams" - oh come on, that's taking it a bit far! Very Happy
The only "Big team" on show this season was The Arsenal and that was only for half the time. We all let little Leicester and Tottingham in, thinking it would all end sooner or later but, fair dos, both of the little clubs stuck to their respective guns and kept on (Leicester), Tottingham slacking off as always but still hanging in to finish runners-up (or will you still have a Lasagne Moment this weekend and trip up over Newcastle, eh - stranger things have happened Laughing Nah, it's been a funny old season but, I suspect Normal Service Will Resume next time around - when this "Big team" will win the lot. You heard it here first!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu May 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Well that was easy.... Cast once and landed me a big one.....

and yes the Spuds are a big team
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 am

FrenchSpur wrote:Well that was easy.... Cast once and landed me a big one.....

and yes the Spuds are a big team

Sleep

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat May 14, 2016 10:06 am

Im thinking thats another nibble
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat May 14, 2016 3:13 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Im thinking thats another nibble

Dream on my French friend................ Laughing

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat May 14, 2016 5:22 pm

I see you are still thinking denial is a river in china
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 15, 2016 9:12 am

FrenchSpur wrote:I see you are still thinking denial is a river in china

Nah, that's Wanking innit?! Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun May 15, 2016 9:35 am

Yeah thats the one
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Far be it from me to crow, but The Arsenal, having survived a season where we were considered to be total crap - manager must go etc. etc. - managed to finish above a team that has been lauded as the best Tottingham team EVER - I mean, it doesn't get much better than that.
Full credit to Leicester, they've done the business this season and yes, we should have shaped up better but, come on, despite the injuries to Cazorla and Wilshere we finished second. Not bad for a crap outfit in need of new management (and blah, blah, blah). Just wait 'til 2016-17............

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun May 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Its very embarrassing.... To say the least Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 16, 2016 4:18 pm

You shouldn't feel embarrassed Frenchie, you're a fan. Us fans have to go with the rough and the smooth (OK, as a Spud that's usually the rough with the rough TBH). It's the media, the flaming "experts", the pundits who should be embarrassed. These blokes claim to know it all, predict the life out of the season and then stand there supporting their predictions.
Obviously nobody got Leicester, but a good few of the Shearers "knew" that The Arsenal didn't have whatever it takes to win anything whereas, that Tottingham with their excellent coach and half-way-decent team were the best thing since sliced bread etc. so, come the end of the season, when useless Arsenal manage to finish second, useless Giroud scores a final-day hat-trick all the experts have is "Tottingham have a very good young team with a good future" - whereas Arsenal have, apparently nothing. Nothing was said on MOTD. It's the likes of these media blokes who get everyone wound up - every new young player is suddenly exceptional, every new manager is better than whatever went before - in a nutshell it's all bollix!
Here I am predicting that The Arsenal will win "The Lot" next season - and I'm happy to add that The Shearers won't agree with me!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next