JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up

+10
QBVILLA
Bedshammer
Billy Bonds
marsamgod73
villainies
jak
Jay.P.A
jpr60
villanfromluton
spirit
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 am

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Midfield is weak and shit.

We could and maybe should have had a penalty thou..

Also i think we need to stop calling him 'Concrete' Ron Shocked

Why have you mentioned Concrete Ron?

Cus he is always fecking injured.. has thigh strains that last weeks Laughing Laughing
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Five Games That Could See Us Stay Up

Post  villanfromluton Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:21 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Midfield is weak and shit.

We could and maybe should have had a penalty thou..

Also i think we need to stop calling him 'Concrete' Ron Shocked

Why have you mentioned Concrete Ron?

Cus he is always fecking injured.. has thigh strains that last weeks Laughing Laughing

He does have very big thighs though Shocked
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 am

Needs to get his fecking Arse on the pitch for the run in and help us stay up!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Certainly need him for the next two games and for him to show his leadership qualities. Will be interesting to see who is left out if he is fit though
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:53 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Certainly need him for the next two games and for him to show his leadership qualities. Will be interesting to see who is left out if he is fit though

Bennett, with Baker moving to left back. Anyway I don't think Vlaar really improves the team as he's a bit shit.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Certainly need him for the next two games and for him to show his leadership qualities. Will be interesting to see who is left out if he is fit though

Bennett, with Baker moving to left back. Anyway I don't think Vlaar really improves the team as he's a bit shit.

I thought Bennett did ok the other night. A bit shit is better than very shit by the way
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:31 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I thought Bennett did ok the other night. A bit shit is better than very shit by the way

Did your wife tell you that whilst rubbing your back? Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Guzan has been a rock in goal...whole lot better than Given ...if we do go down i just hope we dont lose him (Guzan)
truevillan
truevillan

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:54 pm

one game done and dusted, four to go Guitar

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:58 pm

two games two wins, nervy stuff, but we are still on course, Guitar

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:08 pm

two points dropped at home to fulham, the three points won at stoke look massive now, man utd away next, not expecting to get anything at old Trafford, sunderland at home is a massive game now, could be a relegation decider if results go as expected,a must win game for sure Guitar

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Very true. Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but a lot of people including Martin Jol have said we were the better side and created a lot of chances.

Needed a win but own goals do happen, and unluckily it happened to Delph, who's been really good recently.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 am

Starting to look at stoke and Norwich now as our targets. I though Sunderland were certs a week or two back but now I'm not so sure. Goal difference is our Achilles heal.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:56 am

Looking at the table, (lets assume Reading and QPR are both going to be relegated), there are 6 teams in the fold for the final relegation spot.

Wigan, Villa, Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich, and Newcastle.

Wigan: (31 Points, 31 Played, -20 GD)

Man City V Wigan
West Ham V Wigan
Wigan V Tottenham
West Brom V Wigan
Wigan V Swansea
Arsenal V Wigan
Wigan V Aston Villa

Wigan have 2 games in hand, one against Man City away and one at home to West Ham. They've just reached the FA Cup final as well. Their confidence is high, and it seems like they've got a striker in Kone who only needs a sniff at goal to score. Maloney is on fire right now for them as well, chipping in with important goals and assists.

Villa: (34 Points, 33 Played, -24 GD)

Man Utd V Aston Villa
Aston Villa V Sunderland
Norwich V Aston Villa
Aston Villa V Chelsea
Wigan V Aston Villa

We've got Utd away and Chelsea at home in our run in...and our goal difference is worse then all the teams around us. We're fecked if it comes down to goal difference. We need to try and get draws out of those games, but the games against a resurgent Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan are must win games. We need to forget what other teams are doing and get the points we need. Even a win and 2 draws just might be enough!

Stoke: (34 Points, 33 played, -13 GD)

QPR V Stoke
Stoke V Norwich
Sunderland V Stoke
Stoke V Tottenham
Southampton V Stoke

Worst form in the league, but I think they've probably got the easiest run in then everyone - but in saying that, these could be the worst type of games because they're playing 3 teams which are in the same positions as themselves.

Sunderland: (34 Points, 33 played, -8 GD)

Sunderland V Everton
Aston Villa V Sunderland
Sunderland V Stoke
Sunderland V Southampton
Tottenham V Sunderland

Not an easy run in by any means, but new belief can make a club do many things. Hopefully Di Canio fucks it up!

Norwich: (35 Points, 33 played, -21 GD)

Norwich V Reading
Stoke V Norwich
Norwich V Aston Villa
Norwich V West Brom
Man City V Norwich

Sliding down the table for the last 10 weeks. Not scoring enough goals and conceding too many.

Newcastle: (36 Points, 33 Played, -17 GD)

West Brom V Newcastle
Newcastle V Liverpool
West Ham V Newcastle
QPR V Newcastle
Newcastle V Arsenal

Newcastle probably have the best team in the bottom half of the table, with the players of their quality - BUT they've lost Tim Krul for the rest of the season. I'm expecting Newcastle to pick up a win at WBA and be safe. If they don't, then they've got a hard game against Liverpool and by then, other teams around them could've picked up points.

It's too close to call. A win for any of the teams above baring Newcastle and Wigan can potentially jump the team up to 13th place.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm shitting it again now. We need two wins at least.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:39 pm

I know we're on 38 points, but I can't get it out of my head that we were relegated on 42 points a few years ago. The only time it's ever happened, of course......

So, 2 more wins for us as well, please.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:11 pm

you can get 100/1 odds, on west ham being relegated, I think you will be well safe

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:18 pm

spirit wrote:you can get 100/1 odds, on west ham being relegated, I think you will be well safe

I hope so. I hope Villa stay up too.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Wigan: (31 Points, 31 Played, -20 GD)

Man City V Wigan
West Ham V Wigan
Wigan V Tottenham
West Brom V Wigan
Wigan V Swansea
Arsenal V Wigan
Wigan V Aston Villa

-------------------------------------

You look at Wigans games coming up and you can see them losing four on the bounce or maybe scraping a couple of draws..

If they do what they did last year then you can't account for that.. otherwise there run in look really tough..

Looking at that its a bloody shame we didn't collect all three points on Saturday Mad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:48 pm

I hope Stoke go down. I think 5 more points will see us stay up. I hope we don't go to Wigan needing a win.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:01 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I hope Stoke go down. I think 5 more points will see us stay up. I hope we don't go to Wigan needing a win.

Me too.. but it is looking more and more likely now..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I hope Stoke go down. I think 5 more points will see us stay up. I hope we don't go to Wigan needing a win.

I don't want us to even have to get a point that day. We've got to beat Sunderland & Norwich and hope someone else fecks up.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:23 pm

I can't see us beating Sunderland, a point maybe. Hopefully we won't get heavily beaten at Old Trafford as the GD is a real concern
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 am

If we play to our strengths i think we can get the results we need but i fear if we get rattled and dragged into scrappy games we haven't got the fight. We've had better results than i expected recently but are still right in the shite. not feckin cool man.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:40 am

villainies wrote:If we play to our strengths i think we can get the results we need but i fear if we get rattled and dragged into scrappy games we haven't got the fight. We've had better results than i expected recently but are still right in the shite. not feckin cool man.

Since the disaster of December/January I think we've shown more fight. Getting a 3-1 at Stoke was massive.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next