JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What next?

+4
jpr60
QBVILLA
truevillan
villainies
8 posters

Go down

What next? Empty What next?

Post  villainies Mon May 20, 2013 12:24 pm

We clung on to top flight football for another season and even managed to show a bit of quality towards the end of the season. Take out Tekkers though and we were down and there lies the problem. If we can't keep Tekkers we will be fighting relegation again next season.

Lambert has said we won't be spending so expect another batch of kids/lower league players to patch up the weaknesses in our squad.

Its going to be a long slow process for Lambert but at least Randy has confidence in him and will give him some time. In this league anything below 8th is a fail for a club like ours and that is what I EXPECT next season. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22556883
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

What next? Empty Re: What next?

Post  truevillan Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Villa wont reach 8th ....mid table at best ...11 - 12 Randy wont unleash the cheque book so thats a realistic place in the table.
truevillan
truevillan

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Eighth is a realistic target for us and ten other clubs. I expect Hull and whoever wins the playoffs to gostraight back down. I fancy Stoke,Albion and Fulham all to struggle as well. We'll be fine.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Plus there's nowt wrong with bringing a young team on - a team that grows together gets stronger together. You'll be alright - it'd be nice to keep the key players so you've got a balance but if someone leaves I'm pretty sure Lambert will have a replacement in mind.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon May 20, 2013 8:59 pm

truevillan wrote:Villa wont reach 8th ....mid table at best ...11 - 12 Randy wont unleash the cheque book so thats a realistic place in the table.

WBA and Swansea have hardly broke the bank this season, did either of them spend £7 million on a striker? From last summers window, Randy certainly seems prepared to compete with the majority of the league in terms of paying transfer fee's.

I think we should definitely be aiming 8th, I would have thought that everyone below the teams that finished top 7 will be aiming to finish at least 8th next season.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue May 21, 2013 1:49 am

villainies wrote:We clung on to top flight football for another season and even managed to show a bit of quality towards the end of the season. Take out Tekkers though and we were down and there lies the problem. If we can't keep Tekkers we will be fighting relegation again next season.

Lambert has said we won't be spending so expect another batch of kids/lower league players to patch up the weaknesses in our squad.

Its going to be a long slow process for Lambert but at least Randy has confidence in him and will give him some time. In this league anything below 8th is a fail for a club like ours and that is what I EXPECT next season. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22556883

Lambert said he's got money to buy players - just not superstars on big money.

He's done well with the players he's bought so I look forward to seeing who he's going to sign.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

Richard Dunne has gone cheers cheers cheers

Hopefully Bent Ireland Hutton Given Bannan will follow him out of the door.. maybe even N Zog if someone wants him..

We need a CB for sure.. a strong midfielder and an attacking midfielder too.. we def need goals from midfield.. which is piss poor in that department right now.. plus we will need a ST to replace Bent..

I think PL will bring in a couple from abroad and a few from lower leagues.. Hopefully he can pull of a few more coups like Benteke Westwood etc

Also we need to SORT the defending out.. no clean sheet since the December is shambolic..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue May 21, 2013 11:13 am

Would love to see us maybe go for Pierre-emerick Aubameyang... second leading goal scorer in the French league behind Ibrahimovic..

His fee might be around 7M ( same as Benteke ) but his wages won't be too out of our reach.. could play in the three attacking system we play..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue May 21, 2013 11:49 am

Hopefully there's more big earners to leave.

Given, Dunne, Ireland, Bent are all on 50k+ a week.

Ironically, the players we are letting go we need to replace in the same positions. We need to sign another back up goalie, an experienced CB, a playmaker/winger, and get Benteke and Weimann new deals. Think we also need a new LB or at least someone to push Bennett into knowing he has competition in that area.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 am

jpr60 wrote:Plus there's nowt wrong with bringing a young team on - a team that grows together gets stronger together. You'll be alright - it'd be nice to keep the key players so you've got a balance but if someone leaves I'm pretty sure Lambert will have a replacement in mind.
Wise words, Jpr.
I see a good spirit in the Villa side. They'll do ok next season.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum