JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Manager 2010 demo is out...

4 posters

Go down

Football Manager 2010 demo is out... Empty Football Manager 2010 demo is out...

Post  Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Watch this space for the latest info from a certain villa supporter for who the next "wonderkids" are....

Back to top Go down

Football Manager 2010 demo is out... Empty Re: Football Manager 2010 demo is out...

Post  Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Laughing
Downloaded it this morning, and been fiddling about with the new features with Madrid. Looks good so far.

Back to top Go down

Football Manager 2010 demo is out... Empty Re: Football Manager 2010 demo is out...

Post  Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:13 pm

not keen on the SLIGHT layout change, but I get used to it every year. Any MAJOR changes you've noticed? The backroom staff seem to have a lot more to say

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 am

Right.....with my busy playboy lifestyle I'm only JUST about to play my first full proper game on the 2010 version (after about 5 half-hearted games on the demo)....anyone found any gems in Tactics or Players?

Back to top Go down

Post  marsamgod Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am

I picked up Sven Kums from KV Kortrijk for 500k he's a good solid central midfielder, also managed to grab Jano Ananidze a 16yr old attacking midfielder on a free who after a couple of seasons in the reserves bossed my Walsall midfield in our Premier League winning season, joined in attack, mainly from the bench but scoring 12 goals in that season by Iker Muniain another 16 yr old from Spain.
marsamgod
marsamgod

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:58 am

Ades will be getting that to see who we should buy in the transfer window!

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:12 am

marsamgod wrote:I picked up Sven Kums from KV Kortrijk for 500k he's a good solid central midfielder, also managed to grab Jano Ananidze a 16yr old attacking midfielder on a free who after a couple of seasons in the reserves bossed my Walsall midfield in our Premier League winning season, joined in attack, mainly from the bench but scoring 12 goals in that season by Iker Muniain another 16 yr old from Spain.

these games just dont have the realism anymore do they.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm not happy with FM have to say, and that's a first ever, and i have had every issue, its Ok but they could have gone a lot further IMO. I still think the match engine is woeful, when you see a player pass a ball from the other side of the half way line puts it straight on the head of the front man in the box and in it goes, or a scissor kick from 20yds out and in it goes.....it just lacks for me, so other than i quick look at the demo i haven't bothered.

On the other hand someone let me have a quick look at Fifamanager 2010 and despite the accuracy in things like staff and other stuff like that, which you can update in editor, things like organizing a party for the birth of a players child, expanding stadiums (when did that ever fall into the remit of a manager) the game actually plays out well and the match engine is Fifa 09 so speaks for itself really. Not bad. get the Demo first though, you may hate it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:52 am

Seriously Zeek whats with West Ham on FM?! No matter who i buy, what tactics I use they're wank....either I'm doing something fundamentally wrong (Tactics/got an silly option ticked where they go gung ho every game?!?!) or there is bloody good realism in the game Mad

Or I'm just shit
Pick nose But that wouldn't make sense when I've been fine with all the previous CM and FM games Huh confused

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:03 am

englishhammer wrote:Seriously Zeek whats with West Ham on FM?! No matter who i buy, what tactics I use they're wank....either I'm doing something fundamentally wrong (Tactics/got an silly option ticked where they go gung ho every game?!?!) or there is bloody good realism in the game Mad

Or I'm just shit
Pick nose But that wouldn't make sense when I've been fine with all the previous CM and FM games Huh confused

In my first season (due to no transfer funds...) I played

Green

Behrami - Wing Back set to Support
Ilunga - Wing Back set to Support
Upson - Ball playing CB
Tomkins - CB

Parker - Anchorman

Noble - CM attacking
Collison - CM playmaker
Jimenez - CM attacking

France/Cole - Targetman to head
Diamanti - Advanced foward

Rigid structure, with mostly control mentality.
Finished 7th in my first season, and 5th in February in my 2nd.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
englishhammer wrote:Seriously Zeek whats with West Ham on FM?! No matter who i buy, what tactics I use they're wank....either I'm doing something fundamentally wrong (Tactics/got an silly option ticked where they go gung ho every game?!?!) or there is bloody good realism in the game Mad

Or I'm just shit

Green

Upson - Ball playing CB
Tomkins - CB

Parker - Anchorman

Noble - CM attacking
Collison - CM playmaker
Jimenez - CM attacking

That just shows how realistic it must be Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:48 am

Or I'm just shit

Green

Upson - Ball playing CB
Tomkins - CB

Parker - Anchorman

Noble - CM attacking
Collison - CM playmaker
Jimenez - CM attacking

Not surprised if you play a whole bloody country up front Razz

Hmmm I'll try....think I just haven't got my head round these tactics scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:50 am

villanfromluton wrote:

Or I'm just shit

Green

Upson - Ball playing CB
Tomkins - CB

Parker - Anchorman

Noble - CM attacking
Collison - CM playmaker
Jimenez - CM attacking

That just shows how realistic it must be Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

Some of us are just football geniuses Lutes. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:51 am

englishhammer wrote:

Or I'm just shit

Green

Upson - Ball playing CB
Tomkins - CB

Parker - Anchorman

Noble - CM attacking
Collison - CM playmaker
Jimenez - CM attacking

Not surprised if you play a whole bloody country up front Razz

Hmmm I'll try....think I just haven't got my head round these tactics scratch

I don't use the tactics creator. You can switch back to the old tactics system, which I do. Need it for subtle tweaks. Make use of the Backroom Advise too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:52 am

Maybe Green up front wasn't the best choice for my first matches scratch

Harewood just went to Coventry in my new game....good luck Coventry Tease

TBH if it was real life I'd let Steve Clarke sort it all out and I'd use myself as the outwood appearance and shouting on match day Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 pm

englishhammer wrote:Maybe Green up front wasn't the best choice for my first matches scratch

TBH if it was real life I'd let Steve Clarke sort it all out and I'd use myself as the outwood appearance and shouting on match day Cool

Outwood? As in plank?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
englishhammer wrote:Maybe Green up front wasn't the best choice for my first matches scratch

Outwood? As in plank?

Proud of yourself r we? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm

englishhammer wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

Outwood? As in plank?

Proud of yourself r we? Rolling Eyes

Yep.
Spin
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:09 pm

So would I be if I had said it Headbang

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:10 pm

englishhammer wrote:So would I be if I had said it Headbang

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum