JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Muslim team refuses to pay gay team

2 posters

Go down

French Muslim team refuses to pay gay team Empty French Muslim team refuses to pay gay team

Post  Bedshammer Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:42 am

CRETEIL, France (AFP) - A mainly Muslim team has been thrown out of a local Paris league after refusing to face a side of gay players. "The Creteil Bebel team is excluded from the Leisure Football Commission for refusing a match and (making) discriminatory comments," the commission's website said Wednesday. The decision was taken at the body's management committee on Tuesday night, the posting said. Paris Foot Gay (PFG) were set to play fellow Creteil side Bebel, who are composed of mainly Muslim players, on October 4.
Bebel cried off a day before in an email. "Sorry, but because of the name of your team and in keeping with the principles of the team, which is a team of practising Muslims, we cannot play against you," the message said. "Our convictions are stronger than a game of football." PFG's co-founder and president Pascal Brethes deplored a "homophobic" decision. After an attempted compromise with Bebel claiming a "misunderstanding", the club again refused to face PFG. Club lawyer Benedicte Puybasset put out a statement last Saturday denying "homophobia" but stating that PFG's name "does not seem to reflect our vision of sport, which for us is free from any sectarian, ethnic or religious slant." Brethes says his club is a haven for all races and also welcomes non-gay players.

I found this on another forum. As someone there said, I bet a muslim shopkeeper would be happy to sell any of these gay players a pack of pork sausages and a bottle of wine on his way home from the match.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

French Muslim team refuses to pay gay team Empty Re: French Muslim team refuses to pay gay team

Post  Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:44 am

I thought all football teams in France were predominantly Gay

Back to top Go down

French Muslim team refuses to pay gay team Empty Re: French Muslim team refuses to pay gay team

Post  Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:22 pm

If I had 11 french gay blokes wanting to play with me, I think I'd be hot-footing it away too. Very Happy

But seriously, what a bunch of turds. They've lost an easy 3 points there. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Doesn't suprise me at all. Probably thought they were going to catch something.

Well if they want to carry on playing and want reinstatement then its the Jewish Premiership or the Amalgamated Pork Butchers second division for them....

Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum