JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolton

4 posters

Go down

Bolton Empty Bolton

Post  QBVILLA Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:29 am

You'd think this ought to be a straightforward 3 points but after Wednesday night i'm not so confident.Potentially 4 ex Villa players on show for Bolton.Would expect them all to get a decent reception from the Holte though.I've gone for a 2-0 win the prediction league so i'll have to stick by that even though Kevin davies seems to always do well against Villa.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Bolton Empty Re: Bolton

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:57 am

Petrov is out suspended form what I read last night, will be interesting to see the team he puts out. I would be inclined to play NRC in the centre and give Delph a go alongside him, but think Sidwell will start. If Milner is still out, why not Albrighton on the right. Think Cuellar will come in at right back. 3-0 villa, but think Carew will need to be looking up for the game more than he has been
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:03 am

Also think it'll be Cuellar.I'd prefer to see luke Young at RB, not that Cuellar has done anything wrong but IMO we'd have our best back 4 on show with Young in the side.With Petrov out who do you think will be skipper? I reckon Dunne, but could well be Collins as MoN was talking him up earlier in the week.In the middle I expect to see NRC alongside Sidwell and as much as i'd like to see Albrighton given a chance think we'll have the same front 3 as Wednesday though Gabby playing out wide rather than Heskey.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:11 am

With Petrov and most likely Milner out, I would go for -

..............Fredial.....................

Young Collins Dunne (c) Warnock
........Sidwell......NRC...............
................Delph....................
Gabby........................Young...
..........Carew or Heskey...........

Also could play them players with 4-4-2 with either Delph on the left and Young on the right, or NRC on the right and Delph in the middle, personally I would go for Delph in the middle to give us that bit of creativity against a team that will definitely be happy with a draw.

To e honest, I dont mind Cueller at right back, he has looked a bit better there recently and it was Luke Young poor clearence that lead to the West Ham goal.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:11 am

I wouldn't even attempt to second guess a formation, fun but point less, if the players show up with the same mentality they did v West Ham where we were on the back foot within minutes of the kick off, then we have problems.

Potential injuries and out of form players may mean we include players that have no business being in the team.

Bolton are a physical team, we tend not to perform against physical sides, midfield that is, put simply if we play the way we did against Hammers i would expect to be beaten, as mentioned about Davies, agree with that, IMO Bolton will fancy this.

We beat them well last season, they haven't changed much since then, go with near as the same side as then as possible. Tried and tested.

Would like to think we were going to give a scintillating performance with Gabby and Ash ripping them apart, Gabby is looking devoid of any life whatsoever ( 1 goal in 5 now!!!!crap), Ash will only have to be in receipt of a few crunching tackles and he'll spend more time on the deck than upright.

Result...............anybodies guess.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:46 pm

Malachite

The attitude of the players at West Ham was not bad, with the possible exception of Carew IMHO. As for your comments on Gabby and Ashley, think you are being a bit harsh to be honest. Gabby has looked a far better footballer this season compared to last IMHO, a better team player. As for Young, he has not been on form, but was showing signs on Wednesday of coming better.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:23 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Gabby has looked a far better footballer this season compared to last IMHO, a better team player.

Agree with this, Gabby's all round play this season has been really good, he seems to have a lot better touch and when he has got to the bye line he has put in some really good crosses. Still doesn't have that natural strikers instinct unfortunately. People alway go on about him working well with a big man, but I think he works much better as been the focal point and you could have someone playing off him.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:37 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Malachite

The attitude of the players at West Ham was not bad, with the possible exception of Carew IMHO. As for your comments on Gabby and Ashley, think you are being a bit harsh to be honest. Gabby has looked a far better footballer this season compared to last IMHO, a better team player. As for Young, he has not been on form, but was showing signs on Wednesday of coming better.

I had to listen on 5live for the match and they said he was quiet but he never turns up for big occasions (playing us hardly counts)/when u need him to turn it on?!?

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:47 pm

englishhammer wrote:

I had to listen on 5live for the match and they said he was quiet but he never turns up for big occasions (playing us hardly counts)/when u need him to turn it on?!?

Turning up for the bigger games isnt a problem, its playing the likes of your team that he gets bored and seemingly cant be arsed
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:48 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Gabby has looked a far better footballer this season compared to last IMHO, a better team player.

Agree with this, Gabby's all round play this season has been really good, he seems to have a lot better touch and when he has got to the bye line he has put in some really good crosses. Still doesn't have that natural strikers instinct unfortunately. People alway go on about him working well with a big man, but I think he works much better as been the focal point and you could have someone playing off him.

Good point ROT, looking at your team choice, why not have Gabby as the main man and Albrighton on the right and give Carew a kick up the arse again
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
englishhammer wrote:

Turning up for the bigger games isnt a problem, its playing the likes of your team that he gets bored and seemingly cant be arsed

Well, that'll learn him then.....
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Good point ROT, looking at your team choice, why not have Gabby as the main man and Albrighton on the right and give Carew a kick up the arse again

Yeah, that would definitely be a good idea. I was thinking more that with Delph in the team, having Albrighton as well makes us a bit inexperienced if we were playing a midfield 4, however playing 4-5-1 I think that would definitely work. Also Carew seems to work better coming on as sub.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:06 pm

In the game at VP last season, I thought Carew was a class above anyone on the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:In the game at VP last season, I thought Carew was a class above anyone on the pitch.

Did you watch the full game? Very Happy

Carew can be brilliant, like he was at the end of last season, then other times he can be rubbish, he just seems to lose focus.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
englishhammer wrote:

Well, that'll learn him then.....

Not really Beds, it is just the way he is. He is a top player, but seems to thrive on big games rather than the more mundane ones. If he was more consistent, he would be playing for a better team than Villa
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum