JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Upson...

+2
Bedshammer
ADRIAN_1976
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Matthew Upson... Empty Matthew Upson...

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:24 pm

With the likes of Haangeland..Thomas Vermaelen..Lescott..Bruno Alves all seemingly out of our reach and now we are linked with the 32 year old Distin :evil: ...

With Oneils transfer policy, i think Upson would be a very good signing.. he has developed into a great defender.. Not sure if West Ham would be willing to sell but could certainly be a good option..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Matthew Upson... Empty Re: Matthew Upson...

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:27 pm

You didn't look after the last 2 players we sold you.

If he went, it would be to a top 4 club, I think. He wants CL football before he's too old.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:28 pm

An anagram for you, Ades.

Uck Foff.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:35 pm

Bedshammer wrote:You didn't look after the last 2 players we sold you.

If he went, it would be to a top 4 club, I think. He wants CL football before he's too old.

Look after Beds.. there not Upsons siblings Laughing

Harewood wasnt good enough and i suppose Reo can feel he desereved a bit more first team action.. BUT Upsons decision if it ever came to it will NEVER be about how Reo and Harewood got on..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Harewood wasnt good enough and i suppose Reo can feel he desereved a bit more first team action.. BUT Upsons decision if it ever came to it will NEVER be about how Reo and Harewood got on..

Well, it might be. Him and Nige might be bezzy mates for all we know.

But the fact does remain that Villa can't offer him CL football. I think he's on a decent wage with us, and he's popular with the fans, so I don't really see that you've got anything to offer him that we haven't.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:56 pm

Beds.. none of the top four need him.. so cant see that happening..

If he is happy at West Ham the fair play BUt we have a lot more to offer him then West Ham IMO.. think we have funds to spend to still push for 4th and consitently qualify for Europe.. think you lot are doing well but there still is uncertainty surrounding your club so maybe Upson can be tempted..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:31 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Beds.. none of the top four need him.. so cant see that happening..

If he is happy at West Ham the fair play BUt we have a lot more to offer him then West Ham IMO.. think we have funds to spend to still push for 4th and consitently qualify for Europe.. think you lot are doing well but there still is uncertainty surrounding your club so maybe Upson can be tempted..

We have funds, apparently. And more stability now than for months. I'm partly yanking your chain, but I don't think he'd go to Villa.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Ades, I think Arsenal could definetly so with Upson.

I would like him at Villa, but not sure if he would want to come anyway, given the ditty little chants that go around the ground about him :). If Man City dont get Lescott, I think they will be in for Upson.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Beds.. none of the top four need him.. so cant see that happening..

We have funds, apparently. And more stability now than for months. I'm partly yanking your chain, but I don't think he'd go to Villa.

Beds your evil Twisted Evil Laughing

But also you could have a point.. Upson wont really leave for Villa unless we offer a big transfer fee.. the fact he is 30 and it will create transfer funds might tempt you lot.. but then again it might not!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:49 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Ades, I think Arsenal could definetly so with Upson.

I would like him at Villa, but not sure if he would want to come anyway, given the ditty little chants that go around the ground about him :). If Man City dont get Lescott, I think they will be in for Upson.

Lutes.. Arsenal wont pay 10M for a 30 year that they let go for 1.5M no way!!!

Also they are supposedl;y close to signing Thomas Vermealen from Ajax for 10M
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Even if they sign the bloke from Ajax, it seems like Toure may be off to Man City, hence they will need another centre back as well. I take your point regarding the fee, but Wenger is a known admirer of Upson and has been linked on many occasions.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Even if they sign the bloke from Ajax, it seems like Toure may be off to Man City, hence they will need another centre back as well. I take your point regarding the fee, but Wenger is a known admirer of Upson and has been linked on many occasions.

Lutes Wenger doesnt even like to spend 5M let alone spend 20M on two CBs..

We need a good CB as apposed to Distin..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:06 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Ades, I think Arsenal could definetly so with Upson.

I bet he would..

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

But also you could have a point.. Upson wont really leave for Villa unless we offer a big transfer fee.. the fact he is 30 and it will create transfer funds might tempt you lot.. but then again it might not!

He's been playing very well for a team that is really starting to gel under Zola and Clarke's management. Remember they've had less than a year at the club.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

He's been playing very well for a team that is really starting to gel under Zola and Clarke's management. Remember they've had less than a year at the club.

This thread just gets better!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 pm

No, Lion. Your mind just gets dirtier.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:35 am

Bedshammer wrote:No, Lion. Your mind just gets dirtier.

Beds

Its not me thats making these smutty posts - in a thread about Matthew Upson we have so far been subjected to:

"I would like him at Villa but not sure if he would come"

"I don´t really see you´ve got anything to offer him we haven´t"

"Wenger is a known admirer of Upson"

"He´s been playing very well for a team that is really starting to gel"

Disgusting

This site is getting to be like a Julian Clary programme

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 am

Lionheart wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:No, Lion. Your mind just gets dirtier.

Beds

Its not me thats making these smutty posts - in a thread about Matthew Upson we have so far been subjected to:

"I would like him at Villa but not sure if he would come"

"I don´t really see you´ve got anything to offer him we haven´t"

"Wenger is a known admirer of Upson"

"He´s been playing very well for a team that is really starting to gel"

Disgusting

This site is getting to be like a Julian Clary programme

I think Julian Clary would be more tasteful......

Anyhoo, just an update on Upson - the Sun today reckons he could be on his way to Liverpool because

1. His house is up for sale
2. He shares an "advisor" with Stevie G
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:55 am

Upson would be a loss to the club but in the broad spectrum of things not a total disaster.

One day, the high and mighty Villa fans may accept that their club is totally on par with West Ham United, there is very little between the two of them.

At 30 years of age, it would be a good pay day for him if he can get into one of the top four clubs but it would be funny if the team he goes to is ousted from the top four by Manchester City.

Citeh is one club everyone is watching, it will be interesting to see what Mark Hughes does in the summer.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:57 am

Ringo wrote:Upson would be a loss to the club but in the broad spectrum of things not a total disaster.

One day, the high and mighty Villa fans may accept that their club is totally on par with West Ham United, there is very little between the two of them.

At 30 years of age, it would be a good pay day for him if he can get into one of the top four clubs but it would be funny if the team he goes to is ousted from the top four by Manchester City.

Citeh is one club everyone is watching, it will be interesting to see what Mark Hughes does in the summer.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ringo wrote:Upson would be a loss to the club but in the broad spectrum of things not a total disaster.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I know...........
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:25 am

You´re right Ringo the similarity between the clubs is striking:

Aston Villa (4th most trophies of English Clubs) League Champs 7 Fa Cup 7 League Cup 5, European Cup 1
Total 20 trophies

West Ham (19th most trophies of English Clubs) League Champs 0 Fa Cup 3 League Cup 0 Cup Winners Cup 1
Total 4 trophies

Hard to tell them apart....

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 am

Ringo's approach to life.

1. Open mouth
2. Insert foot
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

But the fact does remain that Villa can't offer him CL football. I think he's on a decent wage with us, and he's popular with the fans, so I don't really see that you've got anything to offer him that we haven't.

:lol!: Good one Bedsey.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 pm

villainies wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

:lol!: Good one Bedsey.

Tee hee! Subtle, eh.......
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next