JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID BENTLEY

+3
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
jpr60
ADRIAN_1976
7 posters

Go down

DAVID BENTLEY Empty DAVID BENTLEY

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:58 am

In the press today there seem to be a lot of direct quotes saying he is on his way to Villa for around 7M..

Def think he is worth the risk and we will be gettign a player who has a lot of potential on the cheap.. he has had his boy hood move and it didnt work out so he knows this is his last chance at a club who are challenging for Europe.. Under Oneil he might just thrive..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

DAVID BENTLEY Empty Re: DAVID BENTLEY

Post  jpr60 Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:07 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:In the press today there seem to be a lot of direct quotes saying he is on his way to Villa for around 7M..

Def think he is worth the risk and we will be gettign a player who has a lot of potential on the cheap.. he has had his boy hood move and it didnt work out so he knows this is his last chance at a club who are challenging for Europe.. Under Oneil he might just thrive..

You might be losing Young in the deal though, 'gaining' Jenas too, along with Bentley.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:17 am

I wanted us to sign Bentley last year, so I'll be pleased if the deal goes through, especially for as little as £7m.

However, I'll be furious if Ashley Young is part of the deal, and don't see why the press even think he would be. This is a player we value at something like £30m. A young player of incredible talent, no doubt Spurs want him but why would he want them, their not in Europe. They can't pay the wages of Man City, he supports Arsenal.

Makes no sense, I'm sure it will be a cash deal only.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 am

JPR anything is possible in life but that seems to be a load of bollox..

Oneil dug his heels in for Barry.. cant see any chnace he will let Young go.. think its paper trash from the london biased rags
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:29 am

Agreed Adrian, its the London press thinking that Spurs are such a huge club that they can come along to Villa and take Ashley Young of us to replace Bentley who has been shite for them.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:54 am

So what is MoN's plan then if we are to sign Bentley? Either Bentley,Young or Milner is being lined up for a move into the centre of midfield or Young is indeed on his way out of the club.Can't see Young going as he's in the early stages of a 4yr deal and on the back of losing Barry and Laursen the club will know that selling Young would be a massive PR disaster.IMO finishing 6th next season will be a hard enough task if we keep all of our best players.Without them we'd be in the shit.
Oh and by teh way, Bentley is a good player but IMO he's not as good as either Young or Milner.I haven't changed my mind since the Bentley issue was first raised a year ago.He needs taking downa peg or two.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:19 am

Think Bentley will be put into CM as Barry's replacement, he has the range of passing to fill his boots and will score a few to.

And who knows, perhaps his stint at Spurs has bought him down a peg or two. He went to his boyhood club as a big money signing and completely flopped, and has been completely dropped from the england set-up.

Here Villa are saying come to a team full of young english talent that is watched by Capello often, and has many of our players now called up. A team in Eurpe competition that pushed the top 4 last season, and one who's manager believes in you enough to have tryed to sign you last year, and even though you have been shit, still wants you now.

He needs to prove a point, and he can see the manager obvioulsy has faith in his ability, MON could get the best of him and turn him into a even better CM then Barry was.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:33 am

avfc, wouldn't having Bentley and Petrov in the middle of the park leave you a bit lightweight?

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:39 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:avfc, wouldn't having Bentley and Petrov in the middle of the park leave you a bit lightweight?

I know their not as heavy as Barry but I don't see that as a problem.

On a serious note, Petrov is the defensive midfielder, and if he continues with his form of this season, then I don't see it as lightweight in midfield.

Barry was a LM when MON joined and turned Barry into one of the best CM in the country, he can do the same with Bentley.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 pm

I would be well pleased to get Bentley for around £7m, he is a talented player, just seems to have a higher opinion of himself than he deserves.Hopefully the time spent at Spuds mave have taken him down a peg or two, as AVFC rightly points out. Bentley often played in the centre with Blackburn and certainly would give us that option. I also recall Milner playing there for Newcastle at Old Trafford just before he signed for Villa and he was excellent.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm

It would be a good signing in my opinion, and for a good price too. It was only last summer when we were heavily linked with him for about £15m.

Worth a gamble really, he can deliver a good ball. I could actually see it now, Petrov winning the ball, passing it to Bentley, who spreads out a 30/40 yard pass to Milner or Young to cross in for Gabby or Carew to finish. Razz
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:It would be a good signing in my opinion, and for a good price too. It was only last summer when we were heavily linked with him for about £15m.

Worth a gamble really, he can deliver a good ball. I could actually see it now, Petrov winning the ball, passing it to Bentley, who spreads out a 30/40 yard pass to Milner or Young to cross in for Gabby or Carew to finish. Razz

Lion can't wait to show off villa's playing style to all his potuguese mates

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I wanted us to sign Bentley last year, so I'll be pleased if the deal goes through, especially for as little as £7m.

However, I'll be furious if Ashley Young is part of the deal, and don't see why the press even think he would be. This is a player we value at something like £30m. A young player of incredible talent, no doubt Spurs want him but why would he want them, their not in Europe. They can't pay the wages of Man City, he supports Arsenal.

Makes no sense, I'm sure it will be a cash deal only.

I agree, I think Bentley could be a good signing but certainly not at the expense of losing Young.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum