JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salifou Unhurt

4 posters

Go down

Salifou Unhurt Empty Salifou Unhurt

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Moustapha Salifou has emerged unhurt after the team bus carrying him and his Togo team-mates was attacked on the way to the Africa Cup of Nations.

Gunmen opened fire with machine guns on the bus carrying the Togolese side to the tournament.

Salifou spoke to his brother Eddie back home in Togo after the incident in order to reassure the family of his safety.

All the players have now been taken to hospital to be medically examined.

Saifou said: "I am okay but extremely shocked and very upset."

Manager Martin O'Neill added: "I am really shocked to hear about this.

"Obviously I am pleased and relieved to hear that Moustapha is okay and that he is not among the injured people.

"The club have been in contact with him and he has reassured us that he is okay but he is extremely shocked and upset, which he would be in these circumstances."

Officials say the bus driver was killed and six seriously injured, including two players. Among those hurt were the assistant manager, physio, goalkeeping coach and another coach.

The incident occurred in the Angolan territory of Cabinda after the bus crossed from the Republic of Congo.

The Africa Cup of Nations is due to start on Sunday.

Togo's first game is to be played on Monday in Cabinda where rebels have been fighting for independence.

The Togolese team also includes Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who is also uninjured.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Salifou Unhurt Empty Re: Salifou Unhurt

Post  Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Moustapha Salifou has emerged unhurt after the team bus carrying him and his Togo team-mates was attacked on the way to the Africa Cup of Nations.

Gunmen opened fire with machine guns on the bus carrying the Togolese side to the tournament.

Salifou spoke to his brother Eddie back home in Togo after the incident in order to reassure the family of his safety.

All the players have now been taken to hospital to be medically examined.

Saifou said: "I am okay but extremely shocked and very upset."

Manager Martin O'Neill added: "I am really shocked to hear about this.

"Obviously I am pleased and relieved to hear that Moustapha is okay and that he is not among the injured people.

"The club have been in contact with him and he has reassured us that he is okay but he is extremely shocked and upset, which he would be in these circumstances."

Officials say the bus driver was killed and six seriously injured, including two players. Among those hurt were the assistant manager, physio, goalkeeping coach and another coach.

The incident occurred in the Angolan territory of Cabinda after the bus crossed from the Republic of Congo.

The Africa Cup of Nations is due to start on Sunday.

Togo's first game is to be played on Monday in Cabinda where rebels have been fighting for independence.

The Togolese team also includes Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who is also uninjured.

Jay: they were reporting earlier on that he was one of the ones injured, seems to me they don't know who's doing what and were, Adebayor first reaction was to carry on, by all accounts he's on his way back to Eastlands, think the clubs will have a big role to play in who stays and who is recalled.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Togo have withdrawn from the tournament, quite rightly in my opinion. They can't guarantee the afety of the players.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Beds, if you cant guarantee the afety of the players, they surely have to be brought back, but would probably make an exception in the case of Salifou Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Beds, if you cant guarantee the afety of the players, they surely have to be brought back, but would probably make an exception in the case of Salifou Wink

Oh, chuff.

Seriously, the insurers must be screaming blue murder. What a nightmare.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  marsamgod Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:58 am

Do you think Adebayor ran the length of the bus to celebrate in front of the gunners?
marsamgod
marsamgod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum