JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AV Shocking News!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

AV Shocking News!!!!!! Empty AV Shocking News!!!!!!

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:53 am

Was talking to the manager of a Game store, he's also a kind of area manager because i often see him in Plymouth even Exeter.

Walked in today, came over and nudged me on the shoulder as you do "alright mate" kind of thing.

I immediately said to him what the phuk are you doing with all the PC games. there hardly any in here, i said its been like this since Christmas.

He said, " we are phasing them out mate" when i asked him why.... he said.

To much trouble.

People are sick of having to go out and buy a new graphic card or even a computer when a new game is released.

People are tired of having to patch the things up after they have been released.

The product is actually contrary to the sale of goods act and its amazing how we haven't been done.

They are very easily copied, this is a huge industry now and its all about money.

So I said what will happen, he said, you will have to get them of places like Steam, but you won't have anything like the protection and in any case more and more people are just going over to consoles, I said what about FM..CM..Total War, he said there are already plans being made for all those games to go onto consoles by about Christmas 2011.

Back to top Go down

AV Shocking News!!!!!! Empty Re: AV Shocking News!!!!!!

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:38 am

I can see why they are starting to get rid of Pc games, most are available on the XboX360 and PS3 which to be honest give you better graphics then even the top end computer systems, also big point is that a top end Pcwill cost you thousands compared to a 360 at £99 i saw advertised toay.

I still think there will always be a place on the PC for strategy games like Total War and other games where a mouse is far more appropriate then a control pad. I don't mind Steam either, it updats the games automatically, and allows you to buy small expansion packs easy and cheapely, like all the special unit packs for ETW that only cost £1.75 although some would say that they should be free and its a way of making more money.

anyway have you got over your beef with ETW not working properly on release now, loads of improvements have been made since the original release, the whole game is far far better. I'm using a mod so that I can play with any nation, Playing with the knights of St John at the moment, really hard to get going, but i've finally developed a small trading empire thats bringing me enough wealth to actually take on some of the major powers now.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I can see why they are starting to get rid of Pc games, most are available on the XboX360 and PS3 which to be honest give you better graphics then even the top end computer systems, also big point is that a top end Pcwill cost you thousands compared to a 360 at £99 i saw advertised toay.

I still think there will always be a place on the PC for strategy games like Total War and other games where a mouse is far more appropriate then a control pad. I don't mind Steam either, it updats the games automatically, and allows you to buy small expansion packs easy and cheapely, like all the special unit packs for ETW that only cost £1.75 although some would say that they should be free and its a way of making more money.

anyway have you got over your beef with ETW not working properly on release now, loads of improvements have been made since the original release, the whole game is far far better. I'm using a mod so that I can play with any nation, Playing with the knights of St John at the moment, really hard to get going, but i've finally developed a small trading empire thats bringing me enough wealth to actually take on some of the major powers now.

Probably or possibly the difference AV is that your using a computer the size of which would sort out the EEC and the CIA and FBI plus NASA put together in comparison I'm using a duel core 4500 processor, 4gb or ram, and a Leadtek 260 graphics, for a game like Empire it don't cut the mustard, also perhaps it may be that particular period of history doesn't have the same zing that previous editions did. I haven't tried Special Forces of the West or East yet, perhaps that may spark some enthusiasm, I have tried the American Native mod and found that a bit bland, my beef with Empire is the obvious cobbled together glitches that occur such as rips in the graphic sequence, which before you say I am fully aware that such problems can be got rid of by unticking the vertical sync however that can lead to distortion in symbolic imaging in screen and some monitors don't handle it to well.
Love the Total War series I think Rome was a behemoth of a game and although I never ran the game at full tilt a friend of mine did and seeing literally thousands of fighting units across a battlefield was simply out of this world, looking at Roman Legions going into strategic formation and front units of fighting units getting down into special abilities and behind shield in a mass group ready to take the full impact of Hannibal's Elephants was special, i've actually been on the TW board and put it to the mods, "why don't you remake Rome as you did Medieval 2 to bring it up to spec", the reply i got was way to expensive to do, would cost tens of millions, which tells just what a monster that game was.

I think the Industry will go over to console for precisly the reasons you point out, and as Microsoft are developing a keyboard and mouse to plug in to future consoles they obviously have in mind the prospect of games being written such as Strat/Total War going onto console.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Yeah I was working at GAME and it's true. Infact, we stopped trading in PS2 games aswell. We still kept the PC games, because around Xmas time people were buying games like The Sims 3, and Football Manager 2010, but I'd imagine that other then that people weren't really interested in them.

We done the same with Blu-Rays aswell - not many people even knew we sold Blu-Rays so we just took them off the shop floor and put them back into the stock rooms.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Football manager is awful. It used to be good but my god it's awful.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum