JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th Champions League spot to be decided by play off???

+5
jpr60
FrenchSpur
villainies
jak
MrMagoo
9 posters

Go down

4th Champions League spot to be decided by play off??? Empty 4th Champions League spot to be decided by play off???

Post  MrMagoo Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 pm

MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

4th Champions League spot to be decided by play off??? Empty Re: 4th Champions League spot to be decided by play off???

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm all for it.

You can bet the Sky 4 won't be, so it'll be scrapped.

Back to top Go down

4th Champions League spot to be decided by play off??? Empty Re: 4th Champions League spot to be decided by play off???

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I'm all for it.

The proposal was made a month ago by Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:21 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I'm all for it.

The proposal was made a month ago by Liverpool

Weren't they 7th a month ago? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Alright maybe it was six weeks ago / whenever it was that the Nosers were higher

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Look at the PL table over the last few years. There has been a big gulf between 4th and 7th position. On those grounds and given the poor performance of PL teams who have qualified for the UEFA Cup. I think it's a bad idea. The CL has already been devalued by allowing the top 4 in. It should be what it used to be a cup fought for by the champions of the various top leagues throughout Europe. It's a nonsense to give a team who has only managed 7th position a chance of entering the CL.
Last year nearly 20 (TWENTY) points separated 4th and 7th.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 pm

It's ridiculous we have four champions league places but as long as we do i'm all for opening out the fourth spot by having a play off for it. It's something else to play for,
many clubs will fancy a chance at 7th and it will loosen the sky4 stranglehold on the champions league.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:16 pm

its not like they don't play off all season long... I believe it is called the league...

Now they want to bugger it around and you play all season long and manage 4th.. You can then make one mistake in a play off match and boom baby you are out of the Champions League... Not really fair is it.

If you want CL footy then win a few more games during the season.

I may not like the same teams being there every season but they do earn it.

What next 11th down to play off for relegation ??

Tossers
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:27 pm

No, next will be a Top Four playoff at the end of the season to decide who the champions are! You know, we don't have enough games each season so we've got to be inventing new reasons to play. Oh yes, the play-off will be in Dubai or the USA, Far East, Africa - you know, logical stuff like that!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:31 pm

4th V F.A Cup winners has more chance of happening..

Lucky its not happening this season.. Seeing as though we are gonna win the F.A Cup and finish 4th anyway cheers
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:4th V F.A Cup winners has more chance of happening..

Lucky its not happening this season.. Seeing as though we are gonna win the F.A Cup and finish 4th anyway cheers

Then you'll turn off Football Manager and go to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:4th V F.A Cup winners has more chance of happening..

Then you'll turn off Football Manager and go to sleep.

Considering your out of the cup and you have got more chance of boning Kelly Brook then West Ham finishing 4th.. best to keep it zipped.. Very Happy

Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:42 pm

More way of making money from the football supporters. Why should a team who finish 20 points behind the 4th placed team have a chance of taking the final european place. While the other play offs are exciting, I still think the whole thing is wrong. The team that finishes 4th should get that place
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Marvellous idea.
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Finn wrote:Marvellous idea.

Thinking of a 7th place finish these days are we....

Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Finn wrote:Marvellous idea.

WTF has it got to do with you Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:37 am

villanfromluton wrote:More way of making money from the football supporters. Why should a team who finish 20 points behind the 4th placed team have a chance of taking the final european place. While the other play offs are exciting, I still think the whole thing is wrong. The team that finishes 4th should get that place

When liverscum won it in 2005 they finished in 5th, 37 points behind the champions Chelsea.Personally i think the Champions league is overhyped and too long drawn out anyway.Should be the champions only.That way the Europa cup might get some credibility as well.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:More way of making money from the football supporters. Why should a team who finish 20 points behind the 4th placed team have a chance of taking the final european place. While the other play offs are exciting, I still think the whole thing is wrong. The team that finishes 4th should get that place

When liverscum won it in 2005 they finished in 5th, 37 points behind the champions Chelsea.Personally i think the Champions league is overhyped and too long drawn out anyway.Should be the champions only.That way the Europa cup might get some credibility as well.

Is that because you lot are going to be in it next year ?
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:39 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Is that cus you lot are going to be in it net year ?

You've lost me
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:14 am

QBVILLA wrote:

Totally agree QB, but it is all down to money rather than having the best team in each country going into the premier competition
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am

QBVILLA wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

You've lost me

the europa league.... cus you aint getting in to the CL
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

You've lost me

I've been pretty consistent over the last few years with my disregard for the european competitions Monsieur Spudly.4th spot isn't out of the question for Villa,Liverpool,man city or spurs imo.Time will tell who gets it.Personally i think it'll be Liverpool
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 am

QBVILLA wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

You've lost me

I've been pretty consistent over the last few years with my disregard for the european competitions Monsieur Spudly.4th spot isn't out of the question for Villa,Liverpool,man city or spurs imo.Time will tell who gets it.Personally i think it'll be Liverpool

Man shitty for me.... spurs will be lucky to get 6th
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down