JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So What Do We Need?

4 posters

Go down

So What Do We Need? Empty So What Do We Need?

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Jwned Villans, who do you think we need to buy? What positions need to take priority?

Obviously defence is a concern, but just imagine if MON couldn't bring in that 'top quality defender' to replace Laursen - what if he persists with Davies and Cuellar? We need another right back, with Naughton linked heavily with us today I reckon that'll probably happen.

Midfield, another concern. With Barry gone, we're looking for another player to fit into our midfield. The new player will probably be the 'focal' point of our midfield.

I don't think there's too much concern in the striker department. IMO, I think we're ok with Carew, Heskey, Agbonlahor and Delfouneso - BUT, some may feel that there's not enough goals there. We'll probably buy another striker in all honesty, but I don't think we need to break the bank as they say. I would've though Owen would've been a 'MON' type of buy, but he's come out saying he's not interested. So who knows!

Your opinions?

Jwned's Villa column has been a bit dead lately, thought might aswell spark up a debate!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

So What Do We Need? Empty Re: So What Do We Need?

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Evening Jay

Definetly need a good solid centre half. Personally, I think Cuellar will be okay next season given a pre season and a run of games in the centre of defence.

Midfield, definetly need a playmaker who is also energetic. Delfour is supposed to be top player, Adrian and you would probably know alot better.

I think we need an out and out goalscorer, someone who can put pressure on Gabby, who can also play on the right hand side of midfield if required.

If Bouma's fitness problems dont improve, I would get another left back in. Naughton would be a decent signing as well given that he can play right back or right midfield and is apparently a good prospect.

Hopefully, these players and a couple more will be brought in before the start of pre season. We sign players at the end of August and get told they need time to gel. What better time to gel with your team mates than in pre-season
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:24 pm

I think we need a new spine right down the middle of the team. CB, CM and striker. All proven in a good league and ready to start, not a prospect or squad player. A starter for LB and a cover player for RB. Boumas injury and Shoreys yoyo form doesnt fill me with confidence, so defo someone straight in there. Luke Young had a solid debut season and some competition for him would be good. A replacement for Barry is a must, but as for who?? I havent a clue. I just hope MON and his scouts pull some real gems out this transfer window but my optimism is pretty low in regards to our transfer dealings.

Heres hoping.......... Up the VILLA.!!

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 am

We can't lose Ashley Young, this is absolutely crucial. If fatty boy isn't fully fit we need a good replacement and either off load him or shorey. I have a feeling that Cuelar and davies will come good but I'd like to see Knight let go and another top CB come in and really push the other two, WH need money so we can get Upson in. In the middle I think NRC will go and we've already lost GB (fuckwit). This will be the big test for MON and on the face of it will be almost impossible to get right. If Spurs don't want Bentley I think he could be shaped into a super player but I don't follow enough overseas football to know anyone else we might go for. Up front we are a striker light IMO. Delfuenso isn't quite ready, Gabby isn't consistent enough and Heskey doesn't score. Also we have to factor Carew getting injured. Owen five years ago might've been the answer but now he's a liability, we should've gone for Keane or Defoe when we had the chance and again I don't know who we could get from overseas.

All in all a big summer for MON, he has a alot of good will from most fans but really needs a good transfer window IMO.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum