JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bouma Latest

3 posters

Go down

Bouma Latest Empty Bouma Latest

Post  Jay.P.A Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Bouma Latest 0,,10265~8668574,00

Wilfred Bouma, whose contract with Aston Villa will expire at the end of June, is able to speak to other clubs to secure a free transfer.

The Dutch defender has been a Villa fans' favourite since his arrival from PSV Eindhoven, combining strong defensive skills with a formidable work ethic and drive to succeed.

But a dislocated ankle, suffered in an Intertoto Cup tie against Odense at the end of last season, followed by a toe injury kept Bouma on the sidelines for around 18 months.

"Freddie epitomises the kind of qualities we associate with top Dutch players and he has been really unfortunate to have been sidelined because of injury," said Villa manager Martin O'Neill.

"That came as a real blow because, as a player, I have the utmost regard for him and he has been a totally positive influence at the club throughout my time here.

"He has fought back strongly to get himself fit again and he really wants to get back to the level of which he is undoubtedly still capable, so he wants to take this opportunity to do that and I wish him only the best."

Bouma has made 90 appearances for Villa, scoring one goal - which came in a 4-1 home win over Newcastle United in 2007-08.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/FootballNewsDetail/0,,10265~2045113,00.html

So there we have it, one of the best LB's we've had IMO, but it's time for him to move on it seems. Not retiring then, which is good news.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Bouma Latest Empty Re: Bouma Latest

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 1:30 pm

I suppose the longer he was out the more inevitable it became

Wish him well because he never let the club down and after a dodgy spell he settled down to be a very consistent performer

PS

I was at the Holland v Czech Republic game in Euro 2004 (before he joined Villa) and he scored with a blinding free kick past Petr Cech

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri May 07, 2010 1:37 pm

I remember the game which turned it around for him.A 0-0 home draw against Chelsea.Wright Phillips had been on top form before playing us and Bouma completely bossed him.Won man of the match that night and he never looked back
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Excellent left back and shame he is leaving, but wishing him all the best in the future.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum