JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Everton game

+5
jak
roadoftrinity
ADRIAN_1976
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
villahagler69
9 posters

Go down

The Everton game Empty The Everton game

Post  Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Just been looking at some of the comments on a very well known Everton board..

Some of the comments Laughing

Rivalry aside, priceless......

The thread about predictions for the Villa game one poster said," Nothing like beating the deluded in there fabulous pink outfits, so 10-0 if they defend like last week".

Then another poster said, " I reckon we are in for a backlash".

Another poster came in and said " well if you've been there you'll know they're all raving queens, so you maybe right, we'll all just have to watch each other backs"

Laughing

Back to top Go down

The Everton game Empty Re: The Everton game

Post  Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:17 pm

On a more serious note the general perception is that we are a club thrown into deep crisis.

This is what most people agreed with, so if the fans are picking this vibe up then the Everton club staff and players will be far more bouyed...

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:55 pm

I saw during the week that Leon Osman was fearing a Villa backlash and the thrashing at St James`s may have made their visit that much harder. But any opposition manager can see that Villa at the moment are very nervey and once you get amongst them their heads drop quicker than a whores knickknox. On the flip side if we start brightly (first 20 at Newcastle and first half against Rapid) and can get a goal or two early it could be a positive outcome. So in summing up, I have no idea which Aston Villa will show up Sunday. Where as the last few seasons I could say I know we will give Everton a tough match I cant say that about this current side at present.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm

32 minutes gone. One nil up, havent put two passes together since scoring and playing relatively shite. KMac still not for the job whether win win this or not.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Thank god we got the goal............

Which credit where credit is due, thought Luke Young was very good there, he still had shit loads to do and for a full back............pretty good IMO.

As for the rest..............just as well Everton can't finish, have to say as this side stands if Everton score we'll get hammered.

Clueless IMO.....................i take it that Gabby must be injured...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Just picked up from an Everton board Clap

Q) how the phuk are we 1-0 down to such a shite side.

A) Moyes out........................simplezz

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Just noticed Sunderland have beaten Man Shity 1-0 Laughing

So how do we feel about Mancini then. Laughing

Apparently Shiek humba rumba where the next oil well, is on the phone asking for his money back... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Think I was watching a different game to some of you, I thought we played very well and it was a hell of a fight to win that game.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:51 pm

We couldnt keep possesion.. its been our main problem under Oneil and same with KM.. chances wise we had just as many as Everton.. but we need to start keeping the ball..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:We couldnt keep possesion.. its been our main problem under Oneil and same with KM.. chances wise we had just as many as Everton.. but we need to start keeping the ball..

I agree, the FA should allow Villa the special rule of "Stuffing the ball up ones shirt", for as long as required, they wouldn't find it so easy to get the ball of us then.... bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Think I was watching a different game to some of you, I thought we played very well and it was a hell of a fight to win that game.

I really enjoyed the game as well. I missed West Ham so this was the most I've enjoyed a game for a long while.

Great defensive performance and even though Everton had far more possession, we had more clear cut chances to win the game and should have had a penalty

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 pm

A win is a win. There's many times you come away from a game wondering how you lost. This is one back for those times.
Enjoy the 3 points.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Super kev for the job,we're gonna finish top 4, there is no crisis,Newcastle scored 6 lucky goals,we didn't want to be in Europe so we lost to Rapid on purpose.
I just hope we don't get carried away and think we can do the double Mad
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:41 am

Terrible display. We'll be very lucky to play like that and get a result again this season. Friedel was outstanding and their finishing not up to it but they were by far the better team. Still a win is a win and hopefully we can sort a decent manager in the coming two weeks.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:39 am

villainies wrote:Terrible display. We'll be very lucky to play like that and get a result again this season. Friedel was outstanding and their finishing not up to it but they were by far the better team. Still a win is a win and hopefully we can sort a decent manager in the coming two weeks.

what a load of bull, they only had 1 shot on target the whole first half, and Friedel only had to make two saves in the second, good saves they might have been but they hardly battered us.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:00 am

villainies wrote:Terrible display. We'll be very lucky to play like that and get a result again this season. Friedel was outstanding and their finishing not up to it but they were by far the better team. Still a win is a win and hopefully we can sort a decent manager in the coming two weeks.

Tosspot

Thought we defended brilliantly, and had more of the clear cut chances, Albrighton should have scored, we should have had a penalty and had a few other chance as well. Yes, Everton had far more of the ball, which they are going to basically playing 5 central midfielders.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:45 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

what a load of bull, they only had 1 shot on target the whole first half, and Friedel only had to make two saves in the second, good saves they might have been but they hardly battered us.

AV&RoT:

I have to agree with Villainies on this, got to say it guys, we didn't get thrashed because Everton weren't good enough in the finishing stakes, simply that, i would bet other Premiership sides that we are about to play will look at that and say Ok, this is a very beatable side. Like the West Ham game i don't think we can take anything from that because the next team may just have that edge to finish us of.

Put it this way, If Villa where camped in another teams half as much as Everton where in Villa's and lost, there would be outrage...............

We need to do something fast, we need a good manager that can show the team direction on and of the park.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:49 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

Exactly. And here's an official stat from the game - Howard only made one less save then Friedel in the whole game.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:54 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

Exactly. And here's an official stat from the game - Howard only made one less save then Friedel in the whole game.

Should that not be two?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:01 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

Thing is Jay, your directly pointing at the end product which without doubt Everton where dire, do you really think any other Premiership side given the opportunity to have that many corners, that much possession, and be in enemy territory that much and not get the goal will come again Mad no chance, think of it this way there are 16 Newcastle Utd's ready and willing and able and begging to take up that amount of play and make it pay.

Everton finishing was crap crap crap..........Villa where dire.

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermank Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:51 am

as i said before the game we're missing that final spark at the moment. Disappointed to lose but you need to score goals to win despite playing well elsewhere.

mastermank

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:37 am

we can't depend on goalkeeping and defensive performances like that all season. Everton were in control, anyone could see that and we were lucky. We were the home side for fucks sake but gave the ball away far too easily. More games like that and we'll take some real hidings this season.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 am

Think we had far more corners then that against West Ham and didn't score from any of them, ok I know we did score but the amount of corners means shit apart from that they was prepared to shoot from distance and see it deflected wide as they couldnt get into clear goalscoring positions, unlike Villa on a few occasions.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum