JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced

3 posters

Go down

Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced Empty Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced 0,,10265~9055675,00

The Club is pleased to announce that Gary McAllister has agreed to become assistant manager to Gerard Houllier, while Gordon Cowans will become first team coach.

Former Scotland international McAllister, capped 57 times, was described by the new Villa manager as "my most inspirational signing" during their time at Liverpool where McAllister played an integral role in the unique treble triumph of 2001 (Uefa Cup, FA Cup and League Cup).

He has also managed at Coventry City and Leeds United.

Villa legend Cowans, who was capped 10 times for England, joined Villa as an apprentice when he was 15 years old and in three spells at the club made a total of 527 appearances.

He won the league in 1981 and the European Cup in 1982 and has been coaching Villa's youth for many years.

Rafa Gonzalez, who came to the club in the 2007-08 season as goalkeeping coach to the reserve team, will be goalkeeping coach and Robert Duverne, who worked with Houllier at Lyon where they won back-to-back titles, will assist as coach/fitness coach.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2157961,00.html
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced Empty Re: Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced

Post  Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Nice to see Sid - a fellow ex St George's school pupil move up - but would seem to confirm that MacDonald is leaving methinks - if so he deserves all our thanks for the work he has put in over the years

Back to top Go down

Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced Empty Re: Gerard Houllier's backroom team announced

Post  villanfromluton Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:55 pm

I hope Sid is not just a choice to appease the fans
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:58 pm

I agree - I know that the fact he went to my school is his claim to fame - perhaps the club should take a wider view than just to play off the fact they have me as a celeb fan

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:42 am

Lionheart wrote:Nice to see Sid - a fellow ex St George's school pupil move up - but would seem to confirm that MacDonald is leaving methinks - if so he deserves all our thanks for the work he has put in over the years

He could probably still do a better job than NRC and Petrov.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum