JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Stratford Stadium

5 posters

Go down

The Stratford Stadium Empty The Stratford Stadium

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:49 am

Okay, it seems there is every chance we will get that place but how long before it gets called the SS headquarters?
Joking aside, if we cant sell out a home match against spurs, I am having serious doubts that we will ever fill that place.
Maybe the answer would be a cut in season ticket prices, but our current owners would turn a pale shade of grey at that suggestion.
Mention any cut of takings to that pair of penny pinching tossers and they will come up with a 1000 reasons why it is not possible.
Sooner or later, every team in the land will learn they have gone too far in match day charges and people will stop going.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

The Stratford Stadium Empty Re: The Stratford Stadium

Post  mozza Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:54 am

Why how much is it now then ?
mozza
mozza

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 am

Beds would give an accurate answer on that, but prices for one game to watch from the BM lower against Fulham is 114 quid!
Admittedly, there is a 'Kids for a quid' deal for that match.

ticket(s) at £ 114.00 (€ 133.73)
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 am

Ringo, I don't know where you get your information from, but I'd suggest you check the official site in future. Seat prices for the BML v Fulham are £36.00 Even the most expensive tickets aren't that much. http://www.whufc.com/page/MatchTickets/0,,12562,00.html

My season ticket works out at few pennies over £30 a game.
Incidentally, I don't think any PL club is selling out this season.
As for penny-pinching tossers, Sullivan and Gold are trying to build a sustainable business. What's wrong with that? For the record, I don't much want to move to the Olympic Stadium, but I don't see why you post such consistently negative remarks about West Ham.

As far as I can tell, you don't like our owners, manager, players, proposed new stadium or the fans. In my book, that makes you a hater rather than a Hammer.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:08 am

Beds,
I must admit I went to one of the most expensive ticket touts online.
Sifting through, you can actually get a ticket for as cheap as 26 quid for that match by shopping around.
Just one thing, the original question is how much is the price of a season ticket this season?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 am

Ringo: You had a fantastic win midweek, thats precisly what you needed to kick start your season and IMO that fed through to the Spurs game, its addictive, as is losing, the fans will respond in kind in time, to the positive vibe that will feed through the club as you notch up further wins, actually i'm surprised this point needs to be said, you have seen this a million times through the years, a losing team and the fans drift away, a winning team and all the passive fans come out the woodwork and you fill stadiums, is it me or does the logic of that seem obvious when you look at your Man Utd's and your Arsenals, Chelsea and all over the world. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:29 am

Mal,
The problem is fast becoming a situation that will eventually kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
You only have to look at the attendances 30 years ago and compare them with today.
The crazy wages being paid to players that are not performing will piss off even more fans.
You only have to listen to yesterdays Arsenal fans.
Some of the most average players in the prem are being paid 30 grand a week.
Surely that cannot be sustained for much longer?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:45 am

Ringo wrote:Mal,
The problem is fast becoming a situation that will eventually kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
You only have to look at the attendances 30 years ago and compare them with today.
The crazy wages being paid to players that are not performing will piss off even more fans.
You only have to listen to yesterdays Arsenal fans.
Some of the most average players in the prem are being paid 30 grand a week.
Surely that cannot be sustained for much longer?

Ringo: that rule can be applied for most teams if you think about it, i was at Villa park for a cup semi final v Manchester Utd back in the late sixties early seventies, you simply could not move in the ground and that was standing room only mostly, it was heaving.

The problem now is with all seater stadiums you have this game for the connoisseur mentality, you only have to have a few seats empty and you have an empty looking stadium, in retail they call it dead area ( a part of floor space that for some unknown reason nobody goes in, making the whole place look empty), and although i do agree with the wage situation, that's something that is mainly a Premier League problem, not everywhere is like that.

I would however agree about football in general, personally i think the golden age is over and i think the sport is in danger of imploding, but i think that to lot of things in this country of ours. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 am

Yes,
As you see on my latest comment in the General Sports Chat forum , I think there are various sports imploding, not only football.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Ringo wrote:Yes,
As you see on my latest comment in the General Sports Chat forum , I think there are various sports imploding, not only football.

Agree:

Money has unfortunately equalled massive corruption, and although there as always been backhanders and all kind of cynical fraud in sport, it now starting to look like something that can't be eradicated, better managed, because its so rife.

For me Cricket has become a joke, Boxing is laughable, they are saying, so good is the technology in the development of performance enhancing drugs in athletics, they can no longer detect them in the human body.

Some of the decisions in the refereeing of the game in football and the resistance to take on technology to avoid problems scream one thing to me.

The Liverpool v AC Milan Champions League final a few years ago has never sat right with me, your 3-0 down at half time against not just the best team in the world but the best defending team for 10 years in the game, bets across the far east during the half time massively shifted for a Liverpool win :afraid: who would do that unless you knew,.......the rest is history. and it wouldn't be the first time AC Milan have thrown a game, remember the Leeds Utd v AC Milan, Inter Cities years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:18 pm

In any sport there is a degree of corruption......... Yes, even in my own sport in my day.
There were many small racehorse trainers that had to pull off major gambles to survive the winter but back in the 60's and 70's the technology was not there to detect it like there is today.
Consequently, there are now no racing yards containing only 10 to 15 horses as there were then.
I was lucky, I was involved with a stable that contained over 120 horses and in my time there we won the Derby twice (1969 & 1973)
The memory of the two parties we had when that happened will always live with me.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Ringo wrote:Beds,
I must admit I went to one of the most expensive ticket touts online.
Sifting through, you can actually get a ticket for as cheap as 26 quid for that match by shopping around.
Just one thing, the original question is how much is the price of a season ticket this season?

Why would you quote the price of an "expensive ticket tout online" when the accurate information is freely available on the club website? Unless of course it was your intention to misinform and deceive, to make your point.
The price of a season ticket for the BML is also available on the OS, but to save you the trouble of looking, my ST cost £580.00.

Quite frankly, after we had such a brilliant little win yesterday (with an almost capacity crowd in full voice all through the game), I'm astonished that you feel the need to post such a negative comment anyway. It supports my theory that you're not a Hammer at all.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:01 pm

is ringo been snorting airfix glue again...wh's game yesterday was sold out....ringo sum times just sum times you can be a right fooking plonker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:15 pm

And what comic did you read that said yesterdays game was sold out?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Ringo, how do you know it WASN'T sold out?
In fact, there were a few empty (expensive) seats in the top corners of the West Stand Upper, but it was as close to a sell out as you'd get.

Incidentally, my boss is a Chelsea fan, and he's said 2 football related things of note in the last couple of weeks.

He loves the atmosphere at the Boleyn Ground.
If Chelsea had a bigger stadium, they'd never fill it.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Ringo

WTF are you moaning about. You tried taking the piss out of Villa fans not going to a local derby, why didnt you get a ticket yesterday? Everyone knows times are hard nowadays, that is the reason MOST clubs are not getting full houses. Instead of being negative, why not give West Ham some credit for their win yesterday
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Back to the original post, IMHO it would be a grave travesty of justice if the Olympic stadium were handed over to WHU. This stadium will be showcased around the world at the greatest sporting event this country has had the honour to host since the World Cup in 1966. The finest athletes in the world will be performing and no doubt raising the bar of human endeavor.

A few months later it will be part filled with a bunch of eel munching hooligans blowing bubbles at each other and playing frankly, terrible football. More than likely in the Championship. If this happens I for one would support a public inquiry!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:25 pm

villainies wrote:Back to the original post, IMHO it would be a grave travesty of justice if the Olympic stadium were handed over to WHU. This stadium will be showcased around the world at the greatest sporting event this country has had the honour to host since the World Cup in 1966. The finest athletes in the world will be performing and no doubt raising the bar of human endeavor.

A few months later it will be part filled with a bunch of eel munching hooligans blowing bubbles at each other and playing frankly, terrible football. More than likely in the Championship. If this happens I for one would support a public inquiry!

Good points and well made villainies cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Don't be silly, Lutes. Why should he applaud success when it isn't his? He'd rather feed misinformation about ticket prices etc.

I'm only just getting my voice back this afternoon. What a brilliant afternoon. The chorus of "Bubbles" after the final whistle was huge - I've never heard it quite like that. The Davids and Karen must have been blown away by it.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Don't be silly, Lutes. Why should he applaud success when it isn't his? He'd rather feed misinformation about ticket prices etc.

I'm only just getting my voice back this afternoon. What a brilliant afternoon. The chorus of "Bubbles" after the final whistle was huge - I've never heard it quite like that. The Davids and Karen must have been blown away by it.

I imagine Karen has blown away on the Davids a few times over the years! Boobies
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:34 pm

villainies wrote:Back to the original post, IMHO it would be a grave travesty of justice if the Olympic stadium were handed over to WHU. This stadium will be showcased around the world at the greatest sporting event this country has had the honour to host since the World Cup in 1966. The finest athletes in the world will be performing and no doubt raising the bar of human endeavor.

Oh shut up you tree hugging yam yammed snob...and as 4 your info folanderer i fucking hate eels...and jelly that goes with is,,,so sling it your pine tree huuging liberal Tosspot luver you

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Mark west ham man wrote:

Oh shut up you tree hugging yam yammed snob...and as 4 your info folanderer i fucking hate eels...and jelly that goes with is,,,so sling it your pine tree huuging liberal Tosspot luver you

FYI I am no forkin Yam Yam.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:13 pm

mozza wrote:Why how much is it now then ?

Ringo wouldn't know without googling that as it has been quite a few years since he's been there! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum