JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Brom.

+2
villanfromluton
jak
6 posters

Go down

West Brom. Empty West Brom.

Post  jak Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:59 am

So, a very poor performance against WBA who played very well and thoroughly deserved their victory.Well done and I hear that they were given sporting applause as they left the pitch yesterday.
For me only Nasri, among the Arsenal players can hold his head up.
I watched too many Arsenal players going through the motions.
It set me thinking and I've come to the conclusion, watching these players strolling around, that our success stopped when we lost our mix of Britsh and continental players.
British players seem to accept the need to fight for eveything.
For instance, if you take the likes of Scott Parker at West Ham, it doesn't matter what the score is he fights for every ball.
Ray Parlour was not the greatest player in the world but he never knew when he was beat.
Keown, Winterburn, Adams, Bould, Dixon were the same.
Wilshire has it, Ramsey has got it.
Watching Diaby, Eboue, Arshavin, Clichy, Song, Sagna (to name but a few) yesterday they simply did not try. Appalling !!!!!!
As for Almunia pfffft.
We've got a very good squad, capable of wonderful football but come the day when you have to get your nut down and battle, that's when we struggle.
A set back on the day that Chelsea lost but not the end of the world.
My mood was also improved by the result at West Ham. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

West Brom. Empty Re: West Brom.

Post  villanfromluton Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:19 am

She has re-appeared, and talking a load of bollocks Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:40 am

Jak,
On the rare occasion we get one over on the Spuds, your lot are supposed to win to widen the gap and use the ammo to wind them up.
It must really piss you off to lose a game you should have won easily.

Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  mozza Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:48 am

Ringo wrote:Jak,
On the rare occasion we get one over on the Spuds, your lot are supposed to win to widen the gap and use the ammo to wind them up.

And why may i ask ?
mozza
mozza

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:56 am

To be fair,
Not you even expected a win at the Emirates.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  mozza Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:00 am

Ringo wrote:To be fair,
Not you even expected a win at the Emirates.

I know neither did any one els. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mozza
mozza

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am

next you will be expecting a 4-0 away win at Old Trafford on Oct.16th Laughing
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:08 am

jak wrote:So, a very poor performance against WBA who played very well and thoroughly deserved their victory.Well done and I hear that they were given sporting applause as they left the pitch yesterday.
For me only Nasri, among the Arsenal players can hold his head up.
I watched too many Arsenal players going through the motions.
It set me thinking and I've come to the conclusion, watching these players strolling around, that our success stopped when we lost our mix of Britsh and continental players.
British players seem to accept the need to fight for eveything.
For instance, if you take the likes of Scott Parker at West Ham, it doesn't matter what the score is he fights for every ball.
Ray Parlour was not the greatest player in the world but he never knew when he was beat.
Keown, Winterburn, Adams, Bould, Dixon were the same.
Wilshire has it, Ramsey has got it.
Watching Diaby, Eboue, Arshavin, Clichy, Song, Sagna (to name but a few) yesterday they simply did not try. Appalling !!!!!!
As for Almunia pfffft.
We've got a very good squad, capable of wonderful football but come the day when you have to get your nut down and battle, that's when we struggle.
A set back on the day that Chelsea lost but not the end of the world.
My mood was also improved by the result at West Ham. Very Happy

Bit OTT Jak, understandably, its a bitter pill to swallow being beaten by a team that will be over the moon just to survive this season.

For me this is classic of a whole number of reasons, mounting fixtures and the pressure that brings, then put into that the fallout from the world cup, you have Champions League midweek, you lot psychologically have already played your season Laughing all WBA have to do is win this cup final, its a simple life, I doubt very much WBA went to the emirates to force some kind of master plan of strategic football and get a point, they probably went out there yesterday with the instructions to chase everything, contest all over and go for it, lets see if we get lucky....fair play to them, sometimes to play in such an uninhibited way pays dividends, other times you get absolutely walloped...chancers.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:22 am

Fact is we hardly got started. WBA played an excellent game, competed for every ball and took their chances.
In retrospect (and I'm actually blaming Arsene here, which I don't often do) how can you hope to play keep-ball and pass-ball with a midfield containing Eboue, Diaby and Song? The only technically gifted players in the side were Nasri and Arshavin and since AA plays high up behind the striker who is Nasri supposed to play football with? Consequently WBA were able to win balls and passes that were going astray - even Denilson would have been a better choice to add some skill in our midfield. I was disappointed when I saw the line-up - OK I can understand giving Jack Wilshere a break - I supposed that Arsene thought we could just steam-roll WBA with power - well, that was not power that Diaby brought to the table yesterday, I don't think he did a thing right for the hour he played. How strange that when a couple of technically gifted players were introduced, Wilshere and Rosicky we looked more like an Arsenal team.
Nasri was great, worked his arse off yet again, even AA was OK and Chamakh did the movement and chasing stuff well enough but we were outplayed in midfield and don't get me started on the defence. Without wishing to take anything away from WBA we gifted them four top scoring opportunities - Almunia saved the pen. Things may have been different if the ref hadn't stopped play when Nasri was through on his own to gave us a free kick early in the game (more sh!te refereeing) or if AA had buried his chances at the far post but that's just looking for excuses I suppose - we was carp!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:30 am

jpr60 wrote:Fact is we hardly got started. WBA played an excellent game, competed for every ball and took their chances.
In retrospect (and I'm actually blaming Arsene here, which I don't often do) how can you hope to play keep-ball and pass-ball with a midfield containing Eboue, Diaby and Song? The only technically gifted players in the side were Nasri and Arshavin and since AA plays high up behind the striker who is Nasri supposed to play football with? Consequently WBA were able to win balls and passes that were going astray - even Denilson would have been a better choice to add some skill in our midfield. I was disappointed when I saw the line-up - OK I can understand giving Jack Wilshere a break - I supposed that Arsene thought we could just steam-roll WBA with power - well, that was not power that Diaby brought to the table yesterday, I don't think he did a thing right for the hour he played. How strange that when a couple of technically gifted players were introduced, Wilshere and Rosicky we looked more like an Arsenal team.
Nasri was great, worked his arse off yet again, even AA was OK and Chamakh did the movement and chasing stuff well enough but we were outplayed in midfield and don't get me started on the defence. Without wishing to take anything away from WBA we gifted them four top scoring opportunities - Almunia saved the pen. Things may have been different if the ref hadn't stopped play when Nasri was through on his own to gave us a free kick early in the game (more sh!te refereeing) or if AA had buried his chances at the far post but that's just looking for excuses I suppose - we was carp!

Thats my point Jpr, Arsene is thinking midweek and the bigger picture, wouldn't mind betting he picked his side for the Champions league game before he picked his side for WBA.

The problem is WBA are a lot better team than people give them credit for, they play some good attacking football and some nice passing football, but they also have the experience of playing typical Championship football and not giving an opposition time on the ball, pressing a game, IMO its was just a blip, a little bit of arrogance and on the day facing a team that just went for it with no other game plan than to do just that, minds have already turned to midweek, even before the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Ringo wrote:Jak,

WBA looked a good side yesterday.
They don't look a relagation side to me

Last edited by jak on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:17 am

Admittedly, a week ago the relegation trio were already rubber stamped by a few of our expert pundits.
Now, it has blown wide open but I still expect Wigan to crash out of the premiership and eventually be in the realms of Charlton & Southampton playing mighty teams like Dagenham & Redbridge.
Talking of which, I was surprised to see they played Green as their goalkeeper but a closer inspection revealed it was Danny Green not Rob.

Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:37 am

jpr60 wrote:Fact is we hardly got started. WBA played an excellent game, competed for every ball and took their chances.

You can't blame Arsene, "'E deed not zee it"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 am

Ringo wrote:Admittedly, a week ago the relegation trio were already rubber stamped by a few of our expert pundits.
Now, it has blown wide open but I still expect Wigan to crash out of the premiership and eventually be in the realms of Charlton & Southampton playing mighty teams like Dagenham & Redbridge.
Talking of which, I was surprised to see they played Green as their goalkeeper but a closer inspection revealed it was Danny Green not Rob.

Yourself included Mr Negative!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:50 am

Well, that is true, I did say that the relegation trio will be teams all beginning with the letter 'W'.

As Meatloaf once said 'Two out of three aint bad'.

But Wolves could still get dragged into it as they say the second season in the premiership is always the hardest to survive.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:11 pm

villanfromluton wrote:She has re-appeared, and talking a load of bollocks Very Happy

I thought Beds had her holiday ages ago.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:20 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:She has re-appeared, and talking a load of bollocks Very Happy

How charming..........
Actually, I've been thinking. I reckon Rob Green's recent loss of form was at least partly down to the negative reaction directed at him. The same could happen to Almunia. At least Greeno had the home fans on his side.

Just a thought. Sorry if it's bollocks, like.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:30 pm

jak wrote:

Just shows what a nasty old git you are Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:17 am

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

Just shows what a nasty old git you are Mad

You said she was talking bollocks, not me. Shocked

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum