JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifa 11

+7
villanfromluton
jak
Ringo
Finn
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Bully 9
Jay.P.A
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fifa 11 - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifa 11

Post  Bedshammer Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Ringo wrote:Fair enough.
But there was a time when we couldnt wait for school to finish so we could play football in the park.
Now they rush home to play computer games and wonder why the kids of today are getting fatter.

But we weren't talking about children, were we?
I do suspect your view of the past has a bit of a rosy hue to it, to be honest. And not all of today's children spend all their free time in front of a screen. One 8 year old that I know has cultivated a vegetable plot in her family's garden for the last 2 years, and is trying (with some success) to persuade her father to take on an allotment.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:12 pm

I can confirm that I didnt rush home from school today to play Fifa 11.

Oh and when I was a kid I played football for 2 different teams, attended scouts, and ran around the streets causing mayhem like a right little shit. Now I'm older I'd prefer it if the youth of today did sit on a computer all day instead of getting up to mischief in my street Lion

Like I said computer games is a small part of a variety of activities I enjoy doing in my spare time, there is nothing wrong with that, atleast computer games these days actually test your mental and reaction skills, far better then stairing into a tv all day no? especially with the mindless rubbish thats on most channels.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Ringo wrote:this thread proves to me that there are some really sad people on line that are really interested in computer games.

The question I have is 'Why'?

Sad people? Really Ringo?

Consider it this way - why are you on the internet? Isn't that for sad people?
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Malachite wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:The demo is good, but I prefer real life Fifa. It's called playing football. Wink

My bad, 'real life Fifa' yeah? So you play for a professional team and play in packed stadiums?

Nah didn't think so. What a Face

Jay: Have you seen him, is experience of football is Jerrie's down the park mate, Fifa 11, top Sim and i can never see Pro Evo ever get back there former glory days..

Agreed 100%. Used to be a massive Pro fan, and would never even consider buying Fifa.

That all changed last year though, I switched over to Fifa, and Fifa 10 was the dogs bollocks. It's the over way around now - I can't see myself buying another Pro Evo now.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:18 am

Well I very sadly spent my night playing Fifa11, anyway there are aspects of it that are very good, with a bit more gametime I will perfect a style of play to destroy all, i like the new goal celebration, but just can't work out the penalty taking.

Biggest annoyance is that people still can't take losing, I lost 2 games and won 6, out of the 6 games I won only 1 person actually finished the game, the rest all quit before the end. I really think EA need to come up with some harsh measures to combat this bad sportsmanship, I reckon if they can tell that you have quit during an online game that you are losing they put a block on you being able to start another online match for 10/20mins. That would stop almost everyone except those that are logging of for the night, they would surely rather want to just take another couple of minutes of a defeat and play again then have to wait so long.

Anyway my last game was against someone playing as Spurs, they quit when it was 4-0 lets hope its an omen for tomorrow cheers

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:37 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Well I very sadly spent my night playing Fifa11, anyway there are aspects of it that are very good, with a bit more gametime I will perfect a style of play to destroy all, i like the new goal celebration, but just can't work out the penalty taking.

Biggest annoyance is that people still can't take losing, I lost 2 games and won 6, out of the 6 games I won only 1 person actually finished the game, the rest all quit before the end. I really think EA need to come up with some harsh measures to combat this bad sportsmanship, I reckon if they can tell that you have quit during an online game that you are losing they put a block on you being able to start another online match for 10/20mins. That would stop almost everyone except those that are logging of for the night, they would surely rather want to just take another couple of minutes of a defeat and play again then have to wait so long.

Anyway my last game was against someone playing as Spurs, they quit when it was 4-0 lets hope its an omen for tomorrow cheers

I HATE when people do that! Doesn't matter how badly i'm losing i'll finish the game, because at the end of the day thats all it is isn't it, a game.. Why get so worked up over it
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:40 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Well I very sadly spent my night playing Fifa11, anyway there are aspects of it that are very good, with a bit more gametime I will perfect a style of play to destroy all, i like the new goal celebration, but just can't work out the penalty taking.

Don't they have a completion ratio? So you can tell if someone is a bad loser.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 am

there is a complete ratio, but I just go to quick match takes to long messing around in the lobbies looking at stats. Since it was only released today there will be a few with shite completion ratios already, I mean when your playing with one of the best teams in the game real madrid and you get thumped 5-0 by me on my second game playing with villa you aint got much hope against anyone Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:19 am

yeah u get a 'DNF' rating (Did not Finish), if its higher then 10%, i know that they're going to quit if I really start kicking arse....so I hold back a bit....until I bring Gabby on in the 65th min!!!! What a Face What a Face
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:52 am

I've never been a fan of games consoles myself but my lad is.So much so in fact that on Thursday after working 8-5, he then went to Powerleague for his 5 a side team.After a few pints he and his mates went to the local 24hr Asda as they were selling Fifa 11 for £15.After queueing for 2hrs and approaching midnight the tannoy announced that there were only 13 copies left on xbox and 11 on ps3.As they were a good 30 deep in the queue they gave up.Bunch of sad wankers was my verdict.18yr old lads fecking queueing up for a bloody computer game Tosspot

Added to that last Christmas i remarked to him that it was a bit on the weird side that the only times he'd gone out over the holiday period had been with me.I told him that 18yr old lads ought to be out enjoying theirselves with their mates chasing the birds.Anyway half an hour later he emerged from his room and informed me that his mate Chris had invited him to a party on the XBox live.
I said "great, where is it? Pub? House? Club?" He looked at me like i was mad and said " no, it's an xbox party, we all go online together" scratch
Now when i was 18 if i'd have said i was having a party in my room on my own i think it's a fair assumption that my parents would've decided that meant i was having a wank Headbang
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:59 am

You old fogeys! Nanana
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:02 am

Jay.P.A wrote:You old fogeys! Nanana

I had a sega master system when i was about 12, think that held my interest until Boxing day.Then i had a playstation when i was about 20, sold that after 3 weeks.I've had a go on the lad's fifa games on Ps2 and Xbox but that was me just doing the dad thing.No interest in them whatsoever
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 am

Have to say, I agree with QB a bit. My brother is 15 and spends his weekends playing Modern Warfare 2. When I was his age, we were down the park either playing football or drinking Frosty Jacks and getting our fingers smelly with the local slags.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:41 am

Ringo wrote:this thread proves to me that there are some really sad people on line that are really interested in computer games.

The question I have is 'Why'?

No worse than sitting there with your cheap beer in hand ring piece asking us lot of xbox live users why we are sad..i play lot s of vid games on line , and live because when you play live you get a different playing atmosphere all together.

With a vid game you will nine out of ten times play the same sequence time after time till you get it right so it gets boring...

Anyway you carry on with your mushroom cropping job and leave us gamers alone Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:50 am

QBVILLA wrote:I've never been a fan of games consoles myself but my lad is.So much so in fact that on Thursday after working 8-5, he then went to Powerleague for his 5 a side team.After a few pints he and his mates went to the local 24hr Asda as they were selling Fifa 11 for £15.After queueing for 2hrs and approaching midnight the tannoy announced that there were only 13 copies left on xbox and 11 on ps3.As they were a good 30 deep in the queue they gave up.Bunch of sad wankers was my verdict.18yr old lads fecking queueing up for a bloody computer game Tosspot

Added to that last Christmas i remarked to him that it was a bit on the weird side that the only times he'd gone out over the holiday period had been with me.I told him that 18yr old lads ought to be out enjoying theirselves with their mates chasing the birds.Anyway half an hour later he emerged from his room and informed me that his mate Chris had invited him to a party on the XBox live.
I said "great, where is it? Pub? House? Club?" He looked at me like i was mad and said " no, it's an xbox party, we all go online together" scratch
Now when i was 18 if i'd have said i was having a party in my room on my own i think it's a fair assumption that my parents would've decided that meant i was having a wank Headbang

I have read your post and have come to the conclusion you are a tnuc lol...No but seriously i see where u are coming from.
But where we live the aint that much todo evening wise.
And the last time me and the mrs went out was 7 years ago, because the so called nite life here in our town is shite, and to get to a half decent pub would cost a lot of money by taxi.
So thats why we have 2 xboxes and i play live , i insult shit loads of people coz i dont really give a shite., and when you have a xbox live party and you play together and not with each other sexually , you can rip the piss out of each other...still i'd rather do that than get a punch on the hooter and spend the nite in nick Very Happy affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 am

Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I've never been a fan of games consoles myself but my lad is.So much so in fact that on Thursday after working 8-5, he then went to Powerleague for his 5 a side team.After a few pints he and his mates went to the local 24hr Asda as they were selling Fifa 11 for £15.After queueing for 2hrs and approaching midnight the tannoy announced that there were only 13 copies left on xbox and 11 on ps3.As they were a good 30 deep in the queue they gave up.Bunch of sad wankers was my verdict.18yr old lads fecking queueing up for a bloody computer game Tosspot

I have read your post and have come to the conclusion you are a tnuc lol...No but seriously i see where u are coming from.
But where we live the aint that much todo evening wise.
And the last time me and the mrs went out was 7 years ago, because the so called nite life here in our town is shite, and to get to a half decent pub would cost a lot of money by taxi.
So thats why we have 2 xboxes and i play live , i insult shit loads of people coz i dont really give a shite., and when you have a xbox live party and you play together and not with each other sexually , you can rip the piss out of each other...still i'd rather do that than get a punch on the hooter and spend the nite in nick Very Happy affraid
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Lol @ Jesus, trying to act all mature, how old are you mate?

"when I was his age I was down the park playing footy etc etc"

Lol, of course u were, as was I, as were most people when they were young (about 8-15). But the difference is, I'm 21 now, when we had Playstations and PS2's, online general online console gaming wasn't even out then, and if it was, it was mostly PC games, like Counterstrike, etc. And that degree of gaming, in truth, wasn't too great either.

Now, gaming has evolved obviously. Xbox Live came out from Microsoft and changed gaming world completely. No more would you sit home and play your computer games alone, now you can play with your mates at any time, when ever you wanted.

It's even a proven fact, that kids nowdays who engage in video games generally are smarter then kids who don't, because most computer games (believe it or not) include puzzle solving skills, hand-eye co-ordination, real time action, a lot reading too infact. If you don't believe me, I can back it up: ( http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Health/story?id=814080&page=1 )

Children's passtimes have changed. Our older Jwnders will have much different accounts to what we used to do when we were kids. For example, TV and Radio for our grandparents were like Mobiles and iPods to us. I could imagine in like 20 years I'll be telling my kids that; "When we were young, we used to have dial-up internet, nowdays you kids have broadband which is almost 20 times faster then what we used to have." And they'll be like, 'OMG! Shut up Dad, I can't believe that!"

Yeah nowdays kids don't get out much - but why? Have you seen whats going on in our world? Would you rather let your kid/brother/sister go to the park and risk getting robbed/stabbed or even worse? Or would you rather let him be at home, still socailsing with thier friends, and enjoy playing games? (with moderation, obviously.)

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Lol @ Jesus, trying to act all mature, how old are you mate?

Lol, of course u were, as was I, as were most people when they were young (about 8-15). But the difference is, I'm 21 now, when we had Playstations and PS2's, online general online console gaming wasn't even out then, and if it was, it was mostly PC games, like Counterstrike, etc. And that degree of gaming, in truth, wasn't too great either.

Now, gaming has evolved obviously. Xbox Live came out from Microsoft and changed gaming world completely. No more would you sit home and play your computer games alone, now you can play with your mates at any time, when ever you wanted.

It's even a proven fact, that kids nowdays who engage in video games generally are smarter then kids who don't, because most computer games (believe it or not) include puzzle solving skills, hand-eye co-ordination, real time action, a lot reading too infact. If you don't believe me, I can back it up: ( http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Health/story?id=814080&page=1 )

Children's passtimes have changed. Our older Jwnders will have much different accounts to what we used to do when we were kids. For example, TV and Radio for our grandparents were like Mobiles and iPods to us. I could imagine in like 20 years I'll be telling my kids that; "When we were young, we used to have dial-up internet, nowdays you kids have broadband which is almost 20 times faster then what we used to have." And they'll be like, 'OMG! Shut up Dad, I can't believe that!"

Yeah nowdays kids don't get out much - but why? Have you seen whats going on in our world? Would you rather let your kid/brother/sister go to the park and risk getting robbed/stabbed or even worse? Or would you rather let him be at home, still socailsing with thier friends, and enjoy playing games? (with moderation, obviously.)
Clap Clap
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm not criticising him, I was just agreeing with QB's point.
Don't buy into this "GO OUT AND YOU WILL GET STABBED" thing either. Hasn't been a stabbing in Clacton for about 5 years. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Lol @ Jesus, trying to act all mature, how old are you mate?

I get where your coming from, jay but that whole 'don't go out or you'll be shot, stabbed or murdered' attitude is what is destroying the kids of today..
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Its all relevant to the type of game your playing and that in itself determines age in general, some games are targeted at the older market, some at the cult market, some at the sporting market, some stricktly at the younger market, some are mass media, put it this way, when we where all sitting watching the world cup what do you think most of the players involved where doing to pass the hours between games, yes, bashing away at there game pads, David Beckham admitted on Jonathan Ross his passion is Lego!!!!!!!!!whatever rocks your boat, but if anybody has any doubt about the capacity of a computer driven game to stretch the mind, go out and by Battle Chess on its release and set its difficulty at world class, see what happens.

The thing about computer games is, it has something for everyone and for all kinds, for some people they perceive there to be some kind of stigma or can't be arsed to look or source a game that might suit because as anyone will tell you a computer game can be hard work, not always, but it can...I have a brother who is a fishing fool, goes all over Europe for England B team, can't understand for one second why anybody would give 1 second to a shite computer pathetic game, when you could be standing in some river freezing you bollox of, and and and catching a fish.... Laughing

Takes all sorts.

I live in the countryside I've been out at this time of year with local guys at midnight in a Landy, 4 or 5 landrovers big wheel pickups, shotguns, you name it, park up in a field, phucking freezing, mist, damp, sh1t everywhere, on go the headlights, rabbits scatter and bang bang boom like friggin world war 3, they love it, the adrenalin, the beer soaked spiel, you have to see it, these guys couldn't even tell you what a computer was, but i wouldn't knock what they do....

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Good post, Mal.
Clap

In other words, we're all different.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Good post, Mal.
Clap

As usual beds you put it so much more precisely than i did, thank you...point taken.

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Good post, Mal.
Clap

Just like everyone else...
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:13 pm