JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashley Young

5 posters

Go down

Ashley Young Empty Ashley Young

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:20 am

Decided to call of contract talks until the summer.

Anyone think he has heard wind of interest from Man U? Reckon that's where he will be playing his football next season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6460219,00.html

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young Empty Re: Ashley Young

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:58 am

Certainly not a good sign, havent heard any stories of him being in Exeter lately. Cant honestly see Spurs being in the equation unless Bale moves on. Arsenal perhaps?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:07 am

villanfromluton wrote:Certainly not a good sign, havent heard any stories of him being in Exeter lately. Cant honestly see Spurs being in the equation unless Bale moves on. Arsenal perhaps?

It cant be a coincidence that only a couple of weeks ago, he wanted to get the new deal sorted, Monday we hear that Rooney wants to leave Man U, and by the end of the week, Young calls of transfer talks. Ferguson will sign a few places to replace Rooney, and I reckon that Young will be one of them.

It seems strange how we as a club, have let our better players, like Young, Milner, Barry and Gabby, get down into the last couple of years of their contract.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 am

You could be right ROT, will be a shame as actually think he is now becoming a better all round player.

It is strange regarding the contracts, remember we were caught out with Vassell and seems to havecarried on. There again, if a player wants to go, it doesnt really matter what the contract is. If Rooney does go in January, could well be Man Utd as dont think the fact he played in europa would affect him for champions league.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:48 am

I dont understand why anyone would offer 50M for Rooney in Jan??

Why not offer 20M take it or leave it and then come next summer his value will drop even more..

As for Young.. well atleast if he does go we will get 20M plus for him.. makes a change from the old days when we got sod all for our players.. rather keep him thou 100%
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I dont understand why anyone would offer 50M for Rooney in Jan??

Why not offer 20M take it or leave it and then come next summer his value will drop even more..

As for Young.. well atleast if he does go we will get 20M plus for him.. makes a change from the old days when we got sod all for our players.. rather keep him thou 100%

Surely that's the same with Young then, as he will only have one year left on his deal in the summer, but Rooney will be worth 20 million then, and Ashley Young worth more? scratch

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:53 am

RoT:

Have to be honest, this has to be one of the longest running saga's in the clubs history, i actually thought he had signed a contract, seems he hasn't, last i heard was some declaration form him saying he wanted to stay with Villa at all costs, seems that's also not the case, seems he wants to have a clause written into his contract saying he can buy himself out if a club he wants to move to comes in for him.

Well, here's a way of solving his problems with the contract, rip it up, he can phuk of because he ain't that good, i mean who does he think he is some want-to- be Wayne Rooney, if this is true and IMO its a big IF, then if i was Houllier i would drop him, send him home, and say next time you come to the club is to clear out your locker in Jan.

He announce this on the eve of the Sunderland game, what a complete twat.

If its untrue he should sue for damages the press.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 am

Good point.. but Young hasnt burnt his bridges with Villa like Rooney has.. can Rooney ever play for Man U again without saying he will sign a new contract.. and Rooney has been worse then Harewood since March Very Happy

Will Young def only have a yr left on his contract this summer.. thought it was two.. ludicrous if we have let it get t that stage really..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:01 am

Definitely will only have 1 year left on his contract in the summer, I have a feeling Gabby only has 1 year left on his deal in the summer as well.

Ridiculous by the club if you ask me, letting our best young players get into the last two years of their contracts.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:03 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Good point.. but Young hasnt burnt his bridges with Villa like Rooney has.. can Rooney ever play for Man U again without saying he will sign a new contract.. and Rooney has been worse then Harewood since March Very Happy

Will Young def only have a yr left on his contract this summer.. thought it was two.. ludicrous if we have let it get t that stage really..

Adrian: We are living in an age where people are getting very angry about these blokes, about how pompous and overpaid they are. Ashley Young has no rights as far as i am concerned to demand any friggin clauses, he signs or he goes, i would give him one opportunity and that's it, and i wouldn't play him again in the same way Fergie has stood tall with the great Rooney.

He needs to remember who has made him a millionaire...............he needs to learn loyalty and he needs to learn how to tell his agent to go take a hike and do the right thing.

Naaaa, IF he's said this, bin him, he's no problem, Albrighton is better anyway once he's got a few more games under his belt...

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:08 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Definitely will only have 1 year left on his contract in the summer, I have a feeling Gabby only has 1 year left on his deal in the summer as well.

Ridiculous by the club if you ask me, letting our best young players get into the last two years of their contracts.

Astonoshing really.. after the Rooney scenario they both could be influenced to not sign and go for the big bucks.. i can see Utd buying both really to boost there sqaud.. affraid
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:09 am

Malachite wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Good point.. but Young hasnt burnt his bridges with Villa like Rooney has.. can Rooney ever play for Man U again without saying he will sign a new contract.. and Rooney has been worse then Harewood since March Very Happy

Adrian: We are living in an age where people are getting very angry about these blokes, about how pompous and overpaid they are. Ashley Young has no rights as far as i am concerned to demand any friggin clauses, he signs or he goes, i would give him one opportunity and that's it, and i wouldn't play him again in the same way Fergie has stood tall with the great Rooney.

He needs to remember who has made him a millionaire...............he needs to learn loyalty and he needs to learn how to tell his agent to go take a hike and do the right thing.

Naaaa, IF he's said this, bin him, he's no problem, Albrighton is better anyway once he's got a few more games under his belt...

The problem is Mal.. we al get pissed off but none of us are planning to cancel are Sky Sports subscription are we.. hence they will carry on gtting paid shit loads..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Well Rooney's just signed a new contract at Utd - WTF!!

Anyway, hopefully Young signs an extention next summer. Doubt he'll move, but if he does, I'm sure Randy will equip GH with the right funds to sign a superstar otherwise season tickets will not be sell as much as they have in recent times.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Well Rooney's just signed a new contract at Utd - WTF!!

Anyway, hopefully Young signs an extention next summer. Doubt he'll move, but if he does, I'm sure Randy will equip GH with the right funds to sign a superstar otherwise season tickets will not be sell as much as they have in recent times.

Jay, if he wants to move he will do so, doesnt look good IMHO. He dont have to get too involved in the negotiations. As for signing a superstar, the only superstar we are likely to get is the mighty Brian Jacks (older folk will remember him)
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:43 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:Well Rooney's just signed a new contract at Utd - WTF!!

Jay, if he wants to move he will do so, doesnt look good IMHO. He dont have to get too involved in the negotiations. As for signing a superstar, the only superstar we are likely to get is the mighty Brian Jacks (older folk will remember him)
Laughing The squat thrust LEGEND!!
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Thats right Bully, Id like to say you dont look old enough, but my mum told me never to lie Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:21 am

villanfromluton wrote:Thats right Bully, Id like to say you dont look old enough, but my mum told me never to lie Wink
cheers
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down