JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**** bollocks shit!

+4
MrMagoo
Ringo
Bedshammer
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

**** bollocks shit! Empty **** bollocks shit!

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:35 am

Just blown up my fucking Motherboard!!!

Was messing around inside it while it was still on (not the best of ideas) and while fiddling around putting in a wireless card I pushed it into the wrong slot, sparks flew, computer shut down and now it won't load past the BIOS screen.

Pissed of with my self No

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

**** bollocks shit! Empty Re: **** bollocks shit!

Post  Bedshammer Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:41 am

Have you tried turning it off & on again?
Pounce
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:19 am

Have you kept the box it came in? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:18 am

You tit. Tosspot

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:24 am

Have removed the motherboards battery and will put it back tonight and try again, Technical support reckon that might fix it, if not they will look at replacing the motherboard for me as its still under warrenty.

I didn't tell them how it broke bounce

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Only the leading Villa supporter is stupid enough to do that.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Ringo wrote:Only the leading Villa supporter is stupid enough to do that.

Be honest Ringo, you don't have a clue what a motherboard is or what I'm on about, so stop pretending. I just slipped it into the wrong slot by accident, not the first time ive done that bounce

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm

You best have a word with Mark about your talent, he needs all the help he can get!
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ringo wrote:Only the leading Villa supporter is stupid enough to do that.

Be honest Ringo, you don't have a clue what a motherboard is or what I'm on about, so stop pretending. I just slipped it into the wrong slot by accident, not the first time ive done that bounce

Ooh matron!
I miss the giggle emote sometimes.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Bedsy
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:33 am

MrMagoo wrote: Bedsy

Bedsy Bedsy Bedsy Bedsy Bedsy Bedsy Bedsy Bedsy Bedsy

Thanks!
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Just blown up my fucking Motherboard!!!

Was messing around inside it while it was still on (not the best of ideas) and while fiddling around putting in a wireless card I pushed it into the wrong slot, sparks flew, computer shut down and now it won't load past the BIOS screen.

Pissed of with my self No

What the phuk have you done, that's not your new one, surely not.....

If you've actually had sparks flying about then that sounds serious....obviously, probably not worth it but you could try resetting the CMOS its a jumper, power down, move it over one place and power back up (check this for phuk sake, make sure I'm correct as i don't know your mainboard) then reinstall your BIOS, i don't quite get how putting a card into the wrong PCI as caused sparks to fly, i take it you haven't upgraded your graphics card and not upgraded your PSU, even then scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Have removed the motherboards battery and will put it back tonight and try again, Technical support reckon that might fix it, if not they will look at replacing the motherboard for me as its still under warrenty.

I didn't tell them how it broke bounce

Yep just read this, same thing, thats should do it, by the way you don't need to tell them how you did it, they'll know just by looking at it (benchmark), if you do send it back make sure its really phucked so they can't plug it in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:14 pm

yeh was the new one Mal, well I say new its over a year old now.

It was the Wireles card that I was messing with, see I've been having a problem with it for ages where it kept going to that blue screen and doing a memory dump etc etc, did it within 5mins of turning it on and I couldn't figure out what was causing it by messing around in safe mode, so asked some IT guy and he reckoned I would probably need to re-install all the software to fix it.

So I re-installed Windows and installed all the drivers everything was working apart from the wireles card, which wasn't even appearing in the Driver Manager screen, the software was installed but said that no card was detected, so I took the card out and put it back in again to see if it would recognise it, it didn't and I took it back out. Then did a search on the net for anyone having a similiar problem, found a thread on the Windows site regarding this very same card and how Vista doesn't recognise it and you have to do this and that for it to work, so i thought ooh great and went to put it back in, bit fiddly and as I moved my self into an easier position and glanced away from the computer for a sec I then pushed it into what I thought was the correct slot and sparks and the machine shut down I quickly looked in and saw it was in the wrong slot still sparking quickly pulled it out but damage done.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Nah still won't get past that screen, have to get them to replace the motherboard.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Yup, you fucked it!

Should've turned the machine off, and you should've had an anti-static wristband too, especially if you were planning to open your machine up. Shocked
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:05 am

i open it up all the time. Should have turned it off though your right, always been ok before but then never plugged anything into the wrong socket before Lion

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:07 am

If they are happy to change the motherboard without charge then that's the best option.

I wasn't on about the battery, i was on about the CMOS settings.

If your PC gets a massive spike or power surge or another common problem is your PSU , power supply, then it can blow, what your PC does to protect itself in the last few milliseconds to shut down is goes all the way back to its sram in cmos to register all this, so what you sometimes need to do in these extreme cases is re- set this.

Its actually dead simple, have a look at the video link and watch how the person pulls the plug and moves it one pin across, he will then move it back again, this goes right the way back to your basic motherboard factory settings, you will definitely know after that if its a hardware problem because it still isn't working, I know a guy that does this every time he updates his BIOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdp_L5IxaNI

This IT guy you talked to about on how to get your PC to see your new card, not much of a Tech head then, any PC will see any hardware you just have to update it to see it, do you have a piece of software called biosagentplus, by phoenix software, for future reference you can download it, click on it once you have, it will read your BIOS and tell you if your motherboard manufacturer as updated its BIOS, it will then ask you if you want to update, if you say yes, it does it, you restart your PC and your away. I would say the only reason you should update is if you are having problems or your PC is not recognizing a piece of hardware your putting in, this is what your man should have told you really.

Cyberpower mainly used to use MSI or ASUS mothers so well established motherboards.

You could try the CMOS setting if they intend to charge you, just as a last resort,

How about your other components, are they all still intact.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 am

Hey mal you have got confused by my explanation. I said the tech guy said to re-install anything to deal with the problem of my computer crashing after 5 mins. Its after that that the card wouldnt recognise.

I didnt ask anyone why the card wasnt being recognised, but found a thread on the windows site that it happens with Vista and ways of getting round it to get it to work, its then that i blew it when the accident happened.

I will try that CMOS thing, but since he says to take the battery out if that doesn't work which I have already done I don't hold out much.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:36 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Hey mal you have got confused by my explanation. I said the tech guy said to re-install anything to deal with the problem of my computer crashing after 5 mins. Its after that that the card wouldnt recognise.

I didnt ask anyone why the card wasnt being recognised, but found a thread on the windows site that it happens with Vista and ways of getting round it to get it to work, its then that i blew it when the accident happened.

I will try that CMOS thing, but since he says to take the battery out if that doesn't work which I have already done I don't hold out much.

Point taken, Although i've still never heard of a modern PC not seeing a piece of hardware, and certainly not one of the elk that you've got, its normally just a question of a few tweaks and that can sometimes be updating the BIOS............sometimes.

May be better just to leave it to the guys at the hub to restore it, if its free, then its not worth messing about.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 am

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/83415-abit-airpace-wifi-network-adaptor-vista-64-a.html

This was the thread regarding the same problem, some people say they could see it in device manager, but mine wouldn't even show up in there.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Any News

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:15 pm

Malachite wrote:Any News

Yes, Man U have beat Spurs.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:49 am

Bedshammer wrote:
Malachite wrote:Any News

Yes, Man U have beat Spurs.

And Ringo is still a mingering moaning short arsed twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 am

Try looking at our page Mark!
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next