JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birmingham City

+3
ADRIAN_1976
roadoftrinity
Finn
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Birmingham City Empty Birmingham City

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:30 am

Always found this game to be a defining moment in a Villa season, i seriously hope Houllier understands the importance of winning this, its not about the 3pts as we all know.

Fact is generally if Villa lose this one its a general indication as to the type of season the club are having, not always, but often, point in proof, i remember season after season before MON arrived we couldn't get over the problem that was the local derby v Noses.

Another point to this is a natural indication as to the managers standing, you can't look at this and say "oh we've got 11 players out so not expecting much" all that stuff goes out the window, because IMO it goes deeper, what i mean is if you look at MON's tenure he was extraordinarily lucky with injuries, we always fielded a strong side v the Noses and always got the result, so this luck is a massive part of the managers fortune IMO, for the season ahead, this begs the question will Houllier have the same kind of luck?, doesn't look like it to me, even down to the fact that a fast becoming important player like Albrighton gets sent of as we struggled to beat a Championship side that we should have lost to, as a result of extreme pressure Albrighton got red carded, knock on effect is he's out v the Noses, 1 less option on top of all the other less options. Did MON ever get these problems, don't think so, O'Leary was plagued with them, do you see my point.

Point is, MON was lucky with injuries, lucky with sending offs, lucky with a lot of results, including a certain 1-0 win v B'ham City, when under extreme pressure, in the last minutes of the game, Gabby broke up field and headed in, I'm sure we all remember, MON was lucky with players, don't ever remember Gabby being laid of for any length of time under MON, so what you get with this benchmark game isn't just a victory against our Low life cousins, its an indication as to a whole gambit of things about to come IMO.

Got to say it guys, despite the fact that the Blues I've seen this season look poor, i think we will lose this, and badly.

Back to top Go down

Birmingham City Empty Re: Birmingham City

Post  Finn Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:41 am

Mal, as I said elsewhere this a match to decide who is the least shite team in Brum and the standards from both teams is pretty low.

Having said that you lot have got more fire power so its a 1-0 or 2-1 to your mob.
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:45 am

Finn wrote:Mal, as I said elsewhere this a match to decide who is the least shite team in Brum and the standards from both teams is pretty low.

Having said that you lot have got more fire power so its a 1-0 or 2-1 to your mob.

You must be struggling up front then if you say we have more firepower when we will be playing 1 striker in Heskey.

0-0 for me in this one.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:54 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Finn wrote:Mal, as I said elsewhere this a match to decide who is the least shite team in Brum and the standards from both teams is pretty low.

You must be struggling up front then if you say we have more firepower when we will be playing 1 striker in Heskey.

0-0 for me in this one.

We are believe you me........
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 am

roadoftrinity wrote:

0-0 for me in this one.

I agree we are thin up top, even so Heskey has been scoring (still don't rate him) but we have other options if there is any quality whatsoever in Delfounesco or Ireland, if Ash Young is anywhere near as good as most Villa fans believe him to be, this is the game he steps up to the plate, this is the game where he takes a long hard look at himself/ themselves and says, we have problems its down to me, it me that's going out to hammer them, for the fans. This is where your big players count and be accountable.

Have they got it......................................I doubt it. That's why i have always raved about Gabby, in Gabby you see a simple but true grafter, in the local derby, in the 91st minute he stands at one end, in the goal mouth and clears a header of the line from an ex Villa player destined for goal that would have won Birmingham the game, runs the full length of the pitch, at full speed, in the last embers of the game, and scores with his head from Ash Youngs cross, that's why IMO he's Villa's best player and with that mentality should be an Engalnd player rather than some twat like Rooney, however i digress, but that's what this is going to take.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:12 am

Well lets not forget that Houlliers rein has started with a lot of injuries when we start slating him a few months down the line..

As for it being a game to see which team is the poorest.. i think we have a very decent squad that needs a bit of work doing to it.. once we have everyone fit and a couple of quality additions we will be fine..

As for Sunday.. we've been atad lucky in the last two games against the scum.. lets hope that run continues..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:21 am

This is what we are up against Laughing

Birmingham City Stephen_Carr_280x3_1031750a

Phucking cave man

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 am

Its a bit funny to call it a game between 2 poor teams now. Villa have finished 6th 3 years running and while the start to this season has hardly been brilliant I still expect us to go on and finish top 8. While Blues had one of thier best seasons last year and should really be looking at pushing upper mid table again this year.

Compare that to the first game between us in the prem back in like 03 or whatever, villa was really crap and struggling with a bottom half finish expected, and blues had been promoted and so was hoping to survive relegation.

Its hardly the worst state the two teams have been in, and with us a bit out of sorts at the moment it should make for a much more even and tough game.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Malachite wrote:This is what we are up against Laughing

Birmingham City Stephen_Carr_280x3_1031750a

Phucking cave man

Cant get a picture of Dion nutting the innocent sweet demure Robbie Savage but pot kettle black springs to mind Wink
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Finn:

Its not as bad as it looks, Dion was merely trying to tell Savage your Ok but you've got bad breath, unfortunately Savages head got in the way.

Birmingham City DionDublinheadbuttsRobbieSavage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Finn: Cast iron, nailed on penalty, if i've ever seen one Laughing can you imagine your player disputed this. Mad

Birmingham City Article-1272268517606-094C58D1000005DC-591311_636x300

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Malachite wrote:Finn: Cast iron, nailed on penalty, if i've ever seen one Laughing can you imagine your player disputed this. Mad

Love Gabby's shot by a sniper pose, he must take lessons from Young !
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Finn wrote:
Malachite wrote:Finn: Cast iron, nailed on penalty, if i've ever seen one Laughing can you imagine your player disputed this. Mad

Love Gabby's shot by a sniper pose, he must take lessons from Young !

Brilliant hey.... Clap

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Savage is a prick
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:25 pm

I like him. His style isn't for everyone but he's a good laugh on 606 and Twitter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:11 pm

I don't usually like Robbie Savage, but 606 is much more entertaining with him on it.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 pm

As a player, total wanker, but got to say have heard him couple of times on radio and is entertaining. Unlike Stanley Victor Wanker Collymore
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:09 pm

As for the game, got to say I am not very optimistic, reckon it will be a draw for the first 5 minutes and we will end up winning 5-0
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:15 pm

villanfromluton wrote:As a player, total wanker, but got to say have heard him couple of times on radio and is entertaining. Unlike Stanley Victor Wanker Collymore

It's great when he disagrees with the fans. 606 is brilliant this year.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:25 pm

villanfromluton wrote:As for the game, got to say I am not very optimistic, reckon it will be a draw for the first 5 minutes and we will end up winning 5-0

Keep your mouth shut fatty Mad Mad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:28 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:As for the game, got to say I am not very optimistic, reckon it will be a draw for the first 5 minutes and we will end up winning 5-0

Keep your mouth shut fatty Mad Mad

How dare you tell me what to do, Heskey hat trick and Ashley and Sidwell with the others. The gypo right back to be sent off for the noses
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Wenger think we can win the title Shocked Shocked
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down