JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agbonlahor signs new Villa deal

5 posters

Go down

Agbonlahor signs new Villa deal  Empty Agbonlahor signs new Villa deal

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Agbonlahor signs new Villa deal  _49919484_agbonlahor_getty

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor has signed a new deal running until June 2015 with the Midlands outfit.

The 24-year-old is one of Villa's most highly rated players and has signed a four-and-a-half-year contract extension to show his commitment to the side.

"I can't see myself playing for any other club," Villa academy product Agbonlahor told the club's website.

"I am happy and I just want to keep on playing for Villa. It's my childhood club and the one I support and love."

Agbonlahor has had an injury-hit campaign so far this season and has only scored once in seven outings.

But he scored 16 times last season and will be hoping to soon get back among the goals after returning from a groin problem as a substitute in the 3-2 midweek win over Blackpool.

The England international is now in contention to play against Manchester United on Saturday and his new deal will give the club a boost ahead of the Premier League game at Villa Park.

"I am happy to commit to the club, " added Agbonlahor, who has scored 52 goals in nearly 200 games for Villa. "Hopefully, I can progress and keep improving on what I've done so far.

"It's important nowadays to not move from club to club. If you're happy at a club stay there."

The England international had spells on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and Watford before making his Villa debut in March 2006 and is currently the longest-serving player in manager Gerard Houllier's side.

"I just want to make sure he keeps growing," said Houllier.

"He's a local boy, it's good to keep the roots sometimes and the target is to make him a regular player for the national team."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9185210.stm

Excellent news. Love the comments he made.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Agbonlahor signs new Villa deal  Empty Re: Agbonlahor signs new Villa deal

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Mal will be gutted, he was dieing for him to be moving to Man U or Arsenal.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Mal will be gutted, he was dieing for him to be moving to Man U or Arsenal.

No, Mal wants to marry him.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:Mal will be gutted, he was dieing for him to be moving to Man U or Arsenal.

And have his babies
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

And have his babies

Goes without saying. Wink
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Clap

What can i say.............."I'm pregnant". No seriously, for me its the nature of the bloke, loyalty is a rare thing anywhere these days, but in a sport where grabbing copius amounts of money seem boundless, he turns around and says that, obviously money isn't his God, the Love of the club is as important if not more, I'm convinced that's what MON saw in him, hence the loyalty that was returned, and besides all that, on form Gabby is one of the best strikers in the Prem, Villa's best player and most important player IMO and all Villa fans will see as he slowly gets back to form just how he imposes himself on the other players and the opposition, Gabby is Man Utd Rooney (as was) is Arsenals Fabregas and so on.

He should definitely be included in the next England squad without doubt against the French, and its good to see Houllier is already recognizing what potential is there.

Bring on Utd.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Albrighton is a similar breed.. would run thru brick walls for Villa.. both players could leave Villa one day.. ambition and money talks but they wouldnt do a Milner thats for sure..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Yeah exactly. When I read the statements he made, it was like a breath of fresh air - you don't hear those comments anymore.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Do you think Gabby is going to struggle to concentrate on football now he has signed this new deal. Ashley Young seemed to think it might be an issue despite wanting to stay at Villa. Tosspot

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:59 pm

I dont think Gabby is a Houllier kind of player, quick, plays on last defenders, he will be off in January - now where did I hear that Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Pretty sure the fans will start booing if they see a lack of effort ROT - truth is though, Gabby actually deserves/earnt this contract IMO. He gets better year on year.

And Lutes, yeah I told Mal that was a ridiculous comment to make Very Happy
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Gabby definitely deserves a new deal.

As for Young, I want him to stay, but he made himself look a tit saying 1 week that he wanted to sign a new deal, then the next says he wants to wait.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:29 pm

Totally agree ROT, think he is keeping options open. I actually think Ireland could do that role superbly, can certainly spot a pass, but he seems a total cock as well in some ways.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:33 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Totally agree ROT, think he is keeping options open. I actually think Ireland could do that role superbly, can certainly spot a pass, but he seems a total cock as well in some ways.

Yes, I would like to see Ireland given a run of games, he can pick a pass, apparently he is out of tomorrow with a virus.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Cheers for that ROT.

I'm a fan of Ashley Youngs, but last Saturday he pranced through the first half doing sod all. Second half was an improvement, but still not sure he wants to play for the club anymore. Gestures to the fans near the end of the Fulham game, but does he want to be with us, Im not sure
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:11 am

He played very very well against Blackpool though, commited as ever. Set up both goal too. If we lose him, we lose a dimension from our game. We need to build this team around the likes of Gabby and Young.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum