JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hope this is true..

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I hope this is true.. Empty I hope this is true..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:22 pm

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2010/11/14/gerard-houllier-to-get-30m-in-aston-villa-spending-spree-102039-22715110/

I know papers normally talk rubbish but i hope this has some truth in it.. i do think Houllier will have around 20M to spend..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

I hope this is true.. Empty Re: I hope this is true..

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Have to say this Adrian, first time i've seen Villa this season, in my honest opinion on this other than getting in perhaps another striker, and thats only assuming we are going to get rid of Carew, i'm almost of the opinion that we are wasting money to go and lash out 20/30ML, seriously, Bannan, Albrighton, Fonz, Hogg, got to say are every bit as good as anything Man U had to offer, we could waste money and get so called top players in and these acadamy players may be sidelinned and they are a lot better than that and deserve better than that.

Assuming we get all players back and fit, we have a good sqaud, in fact we have 3 or 4 quality new additions, Bannan, Albrighton, Clark, Fonz, Lichaj, why go and get others and maybe waste money.

I say let these player have there legs over the season, wait till the summer, if we let players go then we have to get players in, other than that i can't see Villa getting any better than we already have.

Solid squad, save the money and wait till summer.

Last edited by Malachite on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Would be nice Ades, I reckon there will be money to spend, not that much though. With the youngsters coming through as well, things dont look too bad at all. People may slag MON off, but he has been proved right in the signings such as Downing, Milner, Young. How Downing aint in the England squad is a joke
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Would be good to add a striker and a midfielder.. both of real class to add to the youngsters..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Got to say Bannan has really impressed me so far. Albrighton has been a revelation and I think Clark will be top class as well. You then have others such as Hogg, Fonz and Lichaj who have a chance. Is great to see young lads who will bust a gut to prove themselves, I was certainly proud yesterday to be a Villa fan because of this. However, I do think we still need to get a midfielder and striker, agree with you Ades. It is likely that Carew and Sidwell will be off, we need to get better quality players to replace them. Hopefully Houllier will be able to get some in, though it is not easy in the January window
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Over the moon with the young lads performances yesterday. Add Delph, Clark and Gardner to them and we have a great bunch coming through. But we must not make the mistake of thinking this is all we need. Money has to be spent on a striker and a new solid CM at the least. Yesterdays 2nd half performance was exceptional but we have seen nothing of that level all season so definetely enjoy it but lets not think that these great prospects are all we need.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:06 pm

You always need a good squad as long as the manager gives the talented youngsters a a chance.. would still love an essien type of midfielder to come in plus an attacking midfielder and another striker.. add to that all the kids coming through.. downing and gabby even if young did go.. we would be very very strong..

Its just a shame that Man City will without doubt end up buying a regular top four spot..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Gardner is apparently the best of the lot, will be great to see him return from injury, same with Delph.

Ades, did you see Martin Laursen and Friedel on soccer sunday today. Laursen said he cant take Man City seriously as just buying for the sake of it and suggested while you may have all the stars, wont happen without a team spirit
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:30 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Gardner is apparently the best of the lot, will be great to see him return from injury, same with Delph.

Ades, did you see Martin Laursen and Friedel on soccer sunday today. Laursen said he cant take Man City seriously as just buying for the sake of it and suggested while you may have all the stars, wont happen without a team spirit

Saw it late when they were showing Friede with hair Laughing

I will never forget Laursens celeberation when Ash young scored the late late winner in the 3-2 win against Everton.. he was a class act.. doubt if there is a Villa fan ( maybe Villanies Tosspot ) who didnt love that guy..

What he says about Man City is true.. all the other clubs are working hard to try and get into Champ Lge.. then they come along and buy everyone.. wouldnt be surprised if they brought Bale for 50M off Spurs just to stop them finishing fourth.. its a joke! Mad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I agree we need to replace players with players, if we lose Carew, we need a striker and, if there is 20ml on the table i would be more happy in GH splashing out the lot on 1 real quality player rather than just get in bodies, and lets be realistic 20ml on a top class striker is about right, my point was i wouldn't flinch at not buying anybody if it was a case of fully blooding some very special talent coming through, these players need loads of games, and they will only get better, that could be spoiled if we get in 3 or 4 players who as experienced players will demand so many games a season, that can only be at the expense of the younger players , no way, big mistake, at that age these younger players can go of and never fullfill there potential very fast.

We need another striker, we probably need another midfielder, lets not forget we spent millions on Ireland, who still needs to put the money where his mouth is and come good, have to say looking at Bannan and Albrighton, they look like full campaigners most of the time, its getting very close to the point where these blokes are going to be saying "sorry boss, you aren't leaving me out of the next game".

Just to add a point to this: Its being rumoured (yet again) that Redknapp will make a move for Ash Young, if true so be it, its also being rumoured that in order to finance the Spurs Jan transfer window, he may get rid of Lennon,........you can probably see where i'm going with this.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:32 pm

I think Albrighton is already a better player than Lennon, more end product.

January is not the time to generally get players in, but suspect we may get a couple in. Hopefully Delph and Gardner will be ready for a return then, two more to the squad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:43 pm

For whatever reason i think lady fortune has smiled on Villa, Albrighton looks class and Bannan looks to me like he can put a ball on a sixpence, i would hate if we go and get some so called rated players when we have real talent gifted to us and developed through Aston Villa's own sporting academy, for me this is where football should be going and a period of deflation to get these massive wages and transfer fee's down, they have become ugly IMO and the other point is if Villa can develop players like this England, Scotland etc have a much better prospect for the big tournaments in the future, other clubs should take note, i would put good money on the fact that Fergie looked at Albrighton yesterday and thought scratch where the phuk did he come from, scratch

On the point of Lennon, sometimes he looks awesome, others, not so much. Great assets though.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:51 pm

The youngsters coming through has been brilliant for the club and Houllier seems to be prepared to give them a chance. I know some will say he has had no choice, but he could have stuck Salifou or Osbourne in yesterday for instance. He had the balls to play the two youngsters in the middle and fair play to him
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:02 pm

villanfromluton wrote:The youngsters coming through has been brilliant for the club and Houllier seems to be prepared to give them a chance. I know some will say he has had no choice, but he could have stuck Salifou or Osbourne in yesterday for instance. He had the balls to play the two youngsters in the middle and fair play to him

So he could, think he see's the players all week, trains with them, must be thinking, i see no reason why not to let these younger players have there day, i just think its excellent, other point being i for one am convinced a player that wants to play for a team, thats grown up with a team, that feels he owes the team and supports the club, doesn't get any better, much better than a player and agent who has one eye on the door and the next big payout.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Malachite wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:The youngsters coming through has been brilliant for the club and Houllier seems to be prepared to give them a chance. I know some will say he has had no choice, but he could have stuck Salifou or Osbourne in yesterday for instance. He had the balls to play the two youngsters in the middle and fair play to him

So he could, think he see's the players all week, trains with them, must be thinking, i see no reason why not to let these younger players have there day, i just think its excellent, other point being i for one am convinced a player that wants to play for a team, thats grown up with a team, that feels he owes the team and supports the club, doesn't get any better, much better than a player and agent who has one eye on the door and the next big payout.

Agree 110%, and think the fans appreciate it as well.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:21 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Agree 110%, and think the fans appreciate it as well.

Completey agree, only yesterday some bloke along from me said, look at our lads ah, planted and grown here.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:36 pm

It's true, I much prefer to see players that have come through the academy, makes you feel proud. On Saturday we had 7 players play that came through the academy.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Think it is great that Villa seem to be at the forefront of this. Would love to see us win something with some of the lads in, would mean more than spending untold money to win something.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:53 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:It's true, I much prefer to see players that have come through the academy, makes you feel proud. On Saturday we had 7 players play that came through the academy.

Also its all good having players from the academy coming thru but if there shit whats the point.. but when u play the only team in the country not to have lost a game an batter them with some brilliant football its much more satisfying Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:59 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:It's true, I much prefer to see players that have come through the academy, makes you feel proud. On Saturday we had 7 players play that came through the academy.

Also its all good having players from the academy coming thru but if there shit whats the point.. but when u play the only team in the country not to have lost a game an batter them with some brilliant football its much more satisfying Very Happy

If they were shite we wouldnt be proud of them you gormless fceker
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:01 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

If they were shite we wouldnt be proud of them you gormless fceker

I see a couple of drinks have been gulped down and your in the bullying/cocky mood again..

p.s Jesus wuld be Tosspot furioursly if they had players from the academy even if they were getting battered 4-0 every game..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:09 pm

No drinks for me tonight Rolling Eyes

I just heard Hogan Ebrahim has been called into the England squad by the way
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:18 pm

villanfromluton wrote:No drinks for me tonight Rolling Eyes

I just heard Hogan Ebrahim has been called into the England squad by the way

Rather Jesus bum buddy then Carlton Cole Basketball
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Fair point ades, if I were Marlon Harewood I would be wondering how the lump of shite Cole could get picked ahead of me
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:33 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Fair point ades, if I were Marlon Harewood I would be wondering how the lump of shite Cole could get picked ahead of me

I can see your point.. he has scored a few this season.. and had one chalked off yesterday Mad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next