JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa

5 posters

Go down

Aston Villa Empty Aston Villa

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:03 pm

A good result for us today.
Very noticeable that our defence have no confidence in the goalkeeper.
No wonder, he was shit for Villa's second goal. A joke.
I think we can be sure that a keeper will be bought in January.
Also Rosicky is not up to it, he's the master of the hospital ball and he loses possession in vital areas.
He also makes no defensive contribution whatsoever.
Still we won, against a side severely weakened by injury but 3 points is 3 points.
Some sparkling football at times too !!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa Empty Re: Aston Villa

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Okay, You are sure a goalkeeper will be bought in January.

But Who?
Shay Given? Rob Green? ......

Who would you like to see?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Ringo wrote:Okay, You are sure a goalkeeper will be bought in January.

But Who?

I said "A GOALKEEPER". Where the feck does Rob Green come into THAT conversation? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

We will see.
You could made to regret that remark.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:34 pm

jak wrote:
Ringo wrote:Okay, You are sure a goalkeeper will be bought in January.

But Who?

I said "A GOALKEEPER". Where the feck does Rob Green come into THAT conversation? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

Cant see Man City letting Given move to Arsenal Jak, but would be a great signing for you. The Rangers keeper has been linked with Arsenal and Villa.

Thought you played some excellent one touch football, but Villa did make it too easy for you in the first half. Dont know what the fcek the Frogs tactics were, but played right into Arsenal's hands
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 pm

all to easy for Arsenal, passed us to death.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Ringo wrote:We will see.
You could made to regret that remark.

If the Arsenal sign Rob Green I will ride on your bus wearing nothing but a bowler hat (on my head).
You've got the brain of a budgerigar if you think we'd sign that wanker. He's much worse than anything we've got already.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:30 pm

I dunno........
I think he played superbly today.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Well, well, well. There we were 2-0 up at half time (could've been more), only one team on the pitch. Does that sound familiar? At half time I said "Now watch us give the game away" and I thought I was right the way things developed in the second half. Instead of walking away with it (again) we conceded a goal (which IMO shouldn't have been given - how can Carew not have been interfering with play whilst standing in front of Fabianski, a good three yards behind our defence, where the keeper has to try to look round him to see where the ball's coming from?) and generally looked vulnerable (again) - "Look" said I "same as against the Spuds, Villa are bossing us now".
But what do you know, we scored a third! Then we showed our generosity by refusing to challenge for a high ball in front of the goal - we've had the poor refereeing decisions (forgot to mention the clear obstruction on Arshavin in the first half, in the box - another p!ss-poor ref), now we have "The Gift". 2-3 - who's gonna grab the clincher? Totally contrary to my expectations it was us, WE SCORED THE CLINCHER! Wonders will never cease!
Other observations :
1)The Arsenal support was far vocally superior to the local support.
2)Sorry jak, I though Rosicky had a fine all-round game. Yes he did "hospital-ball" a couple but he was here, there, every-effin'-where throughout the match and I saw him once disposses Young (I think it was) deep in defence at one stage. I thought he put in a solid shift, made himself available and generally did the business.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Are you Wenger?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:46 pm

jpr60 wrote:Well, well, well. There we were 2-0 up at half time (could've been more), only one team on the pitch. Does that sound familiar? At half time I said "Now watch us give the game away" and I thought I was right the way things developed in the second half. Instead of walking away with it (again) we conceded a goal (which IMO shouldn't have been given - how can Carew not have been interfering with play whilst standing in front of Fabianski, a good three yards behind our defence, where the keeper has to try to look round him to see where the ball's coming from?) and generally looked vulnerable (again) - "Look" said I "same as against the Spuds, Villa are bossing us now".
But what do you know, we scored a third! Then we showed our generosity by refusing to challenge for a high ball in front of the goal - we've had the poor refereeing decisions (forgot to mention the clear obstruction on Arshavin in the first half, in the box - another p!ss-poor ref), now we have "The Gift". 2-3 - who's gonna grab the clincher? Totally contrary to my expectations it was us, WE SCORED THE CLINCHER! Wonders will never cease!
Other observations :
2)Sorry jak, I though Rosicky had a fine all-round game. Yes he did "hospital-ball" a couple but he was here, there, every-effin'-where throughout the match and I saw him once disposses Young (I think it was) deep in defence at one stage. I thought he put in a solid shift, made himself available and generally did the business.

When I criticised Rosicky, I forgot to mention how good he looked in front of goal too.
We'll agree to differ on Rosicky, jpr. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:53 pm

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Well, well, well. There we were 2-0 up at half time (could've been more), only one team on the pitch. Does that sound familiar? At half time I said "Now watch us give the game away" and I thought I was right the way things developed in the second half. Instead of walking away with it (again) we conceded a goal (which IMO shouldn't have been given - how can Carew not have been interfering with play whilst standing in front of Fabianski, a good three yards behind our defence, where the keeper has to try to look round him to see where the ball's coming from?) and generally looked vulnerable (again) - "Look" said I "same as against the Spuds, Villa are bossing us now".
Other observations :

When I criticised Rosicky, I forgot to mention how good he looked in front of goal too.

You're right, Rosicky managed to not score but he was not alone. Chamakh, Rosicky, AA and Nasri could all have done better with chances. Oh yes, I thought AA put in a better performance - it's been a while since he impressed - let's hope he can maintain a good level cos we've got ManU coming up soon!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:06 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:
Other observations :

You're right, Rosicky managed to not score but he was not alone. Chamakh, Rosicky, AA and Nasri could all have done better with chances. Oh yes, I thought AA put in a better performance - it's been a while since he impressed - let's hope he can maintain a good level cos we've got ManU coming up soon!

The trouble is, Rosicky was alone. Wink
Yes, you're right, Arshavin looked much much better today. He's a great player but he's been badly underperforming for far too long now. Hopefully he's found some form now.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum