JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOTD tonight will be a cracker

+5
Ringo
jpr60
jak
villanfromluton
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MOTD tonight will be a cracker Empty MOTD tonight will be a cracker

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:47 pm

The season has really come to life today, teams at the bottom coming to life, the fight at the top finally looking like more then a 1 horse race.

Something like 34 goals so far in 8 games, and some cracking results. The season has truly kicked into life.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

MOTD tonight will be a cracker Empty Re: MOTD tonight will be a cracker

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:49 pm

More like lots of shite defending, fceking crap season
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:51 pm

ah come on lutes, we might be having a shit time of it but what a day for the premierleague.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:01 pm

and no results went West Ham's way when we finally pull a performance out the bag. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:03 pm

bit of a kick in the teeth winning and remaining bottom thanks to a wolves late comeback. But hey better then losing.

Big losers of the day are Everton, i feel a bit shit at the way we lost 4-2 to Arsenal at home, but losing 4-1 to the baggies at home affraid unthinkable.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:06 pm

If we play like that until the end of the season we'll be fine. Paolo giving Parker a standing ovation of the field put a lump in my throat. Sad and trousers.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:ah come on lutes, we might be having a shit time of it but what a day for the premierleague.

Joking aside AVFC, the standard of defending has been terrible this season. 36 goals in 8 games, terrible Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:47 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:ah come on lutes, we might be having a shit time of it but what a day for the premierleague.

Joking aside AVFC, the standard of defending has been terrible this season. 36 goals in 8 games, terrible Wink

Look at it this way would you rather see brilliant defending and watch 8 0-0's tonight?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Look at it this way would you rather see brilliant defending and watch 8 0-0's tonight?

I would rather Villa have drawn 0-0, thats for sure Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:39 pm

The Premiership is more open than in recent seasons, that's good for football.
Also if Man.City win feck all, that'll be even better fo the game.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

I don't mind a top tactical game, where everyone does their job and it ends up a draw.
I recall seeing a 0-0 at Highbury years back playing Liverpool. For me it was a truly great game, two teams playing so well they cancelled each other out. No way was it boring but there were few mistakes made and everyone played a blinder.
Goals being scored is great when the goals themselves are well contrived, well taken. But when it's bad defending, hapless refereeing or whatever it becomes annoying "My mother would do better than that!" has often been my complaint when a defender has gone to sleep or the ref has overlooked an obvious infringement. I just don't agree with the idea that more goals makes football more enjoyable - I'd prefer to see good football.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:50 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

I don't mind a top tactical game, where everyone does their job and it ends up a draw.
I recall seeing a 0-0 at Highbury years back playing Liverpool. For me it was a truly great game, two teams playing so well they cancelled each other out. No way was it boring but there were few mistakes made and everyone played a blinder.
Goals being scored is great when the goals themselves are well contrived, well taken. But when it's bad defending, hapless refereeing or whatever it becomes annoying "My mother would do better than that!" has often been my complaint when a defender has gone to sleep or the ref has overlooked an obvious infringement. I just don't agree with the idea that more goals makes football more enjoyable - I'd prefer to see good football.

In a highlights show though I want to see goals, I'm sure not all 36 are down to poor defending or bad officiating. Plus the drama of some of the games today adds to it, there was some cracking games by the sounds of it.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If we play like that until the end of the season we'll be fine. Paolo giving Parker a standing ovation of the field put a lump in my throat. Sad and trousers.

Yes if last time wh played like that was against le'arse...todays game the first we have played we have actuaööy derserved the win...Anyway we need more points

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:43 pm

I have mixed feelings....... Happy we won but pissed off we still have Grant.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Ringo wrote:I have mixed feelings....... Happy we won but pissed off we still have Grant.

Say that on the West Ham board. I dare you. Twisted Evil

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:and no results went West Ham's way when we finally pull a performance out the bag. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

That was amassive 3 points for you lot.. with everyone else winning if you had lost today.. couldve been curtains for you lot already..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Ringo wrote:I have mixed feelings....... Happy we won but pissed off we still have Grant.

Rolling Eyes
You're in your element when we lose, battle a really vital 3 points and you're fecking moping. Are you Millwall at heart or something?

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I will be elated when we get rid of Crunt!
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Franny? Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

villanfromluton wrote:More like lots of shite defending, fceking crap season

Tosspot Tosspot

MOTD was a brilliant today... some great goals and good games..

Tuncay's back heel was complete class ( wouldnt mind him on our bench.. he can def influence a game )..Brunts free kick was a crackin finish and a special mention has to go to Owen Coyle.. just goes to show that if you want your team to play footbal then they can.. he has transformed the way they play now and there equaliser was an excellent worked move..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Also does Scott Parker have any conections with West Ham from back in the day.. youth team or a fan.. he plays like he has supposrted the club since a kid.. how the mans not in the England team is beyond me..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:47 pm

The Arsenal could do with some of Parkers grit in midfield, he's 100% always.
I agree, how can Parker not be part of the England set up. There's no justice in football sometimes.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:02 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Also does Scott Parker have any conections with West Ham from back in the day.. youth team or a fan.. he plays like he has supposrted the club since a kid.. how the mans not in the England team is beyond me..

Never a youth team player, he's from Lambeth so I can't see him being a fan. When he was injured a lot he said he'd repay the club, and my god he has. He is Mr West Ham. Our best player since di Canio IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:21 am

jak wrote:The Arsenal could do with some of Parkers grit in midfield, he's 100% always.
I agree, how can Parker not be part of the England set up. There's no justice in football sometimes.

Pist as had family night, but agree 110% cyclops
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:25 am

jak wrote:The Arsenal could do with some of Parkers grit in midfield, he's 100% always.

Go away, he's ours.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next