JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big match

+2
Ringo
jpr60
6 posters

Go down

Big match Empty Big match

Post  jpr60 Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:18 pm

coming up at Old Trafford. Good to see the ManU people mouthing off - "Arsenal won't win the title", "Real men don't wear snoods"/"ManU players wouldn't wear a snood" - getting their respective kecks in a twist methinks!
Let's hope the football does the talking on Monday night. It'll be interesting to see what Wenger chooses as his starting line-up. Even if we're without Cesc, Vermaelen, Gibbs and Diaby there are still choices to be made. Got a feeling there'll be some goals in this one - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Big match Empty Re: Big match

Post  Ringo Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I think it will be a draw but I would like Arsenal to win it.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 pm

We'll see but I'm really looking forward to the game.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:43 pm

playing that pole in goal tonight, I'm sure ive read you mention him before, could be a baptism of fire for him tonight.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Needs must.
I just hope Rosicky decides to help the defence out when he needs to.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Same old story again boys..

Plus the fact Arshavin hasnt tuned into the Prem star he was supposed to hasnt helped alog with RvP not recovering fom his injuries n Walcott not blossoming any further in the last 10months or so..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Same old story again boys..

Plus the fact Arshavin hasnt tuned into the Prem star he was supposed to hasnt helped alog with RvP not recovering fom his injuries n Walcott not blossoming any further in the last 10months or so..

Walcott barely starts a game. He was outstanding early season but following a few games out has not played 90 minutes.
Until he gets a good run in the side, he cannot be judged.
You play Rosicky/Denilson, you play with 10 men, simple as.
Yes, Arshavin promised a lot yet overall has lost the spark, these players want the money but seem to play only when they feel like it. Give me a Ray Parlour any day.
Nasri isolated on the right side when he should have played through the middle in the absence of Fabregas.
Man U did a job on us tonight as they have done in past recent games, tactically they've got us sussed and we won't beat teams like Utd when we allow them to get eleven men behind the ball with our walking pace build up. We need to attack at speed.
Disappointing performance that lacked passion. No complaints about the result.
One thing though, I thought Howard Webb's performance throughout the game was appalling. He's a shit referee.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Only saw the last 20mins JAK.. so cant comment on Webb.. but when you lot brought Arshavin i thought you were getting a bargain for 12M.. a guy who would be a star of the prem.. it hasnt happened.. RvP seemsl ike his injuries might have got the better of him but time will tell..

I just thought them three on there game would terrorise teams.. but it hasnt worked out that way for anumber of reasons..

the prem is open this season.. but these are key games that you need to pick up points from if you want the title................

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Exactly Ades if you're not prepared to give your all to maintain your position at the top of the league, you don't deserve to win anything.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Shame because this was the season to take it.. everyone looks like they can beat each other.. you never know.. but i just get the feeling when it comes to the crunch think Arsenal will fall short.. I still think your missing a proper bully and a bit more passion in the big games..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Yep. It's still men and boys.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 am

jak wrote:Yep. It's still men and boys.

Coincidentally that's the entire guest list at one of Adrian's sex parties Leatherman
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 am

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:Yep. It's still men and boys.

Coincidentally that's the entire guest list at one of Adrian's sex parties Leatherman

We all thought it, you had to say it!!! Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Pretty poor match, ManU weren't that good and we weren't in it at all!
For me losing a match 1-0 is unacceptable - we're an attacking team that didn't attack!
I thought we didn't worry too much about the opposition, just went out and played our football. Not last night. Last night our two cleverest players, Nasri and Arshavin were told to play wide, leaving Chamakh to battle against two big defenders alone! I'd have liked AA and Nasri to be playing in and around the box, not stuck out wide. Perhaps I don't understand football.
Szczesny done good in front of 75'000 spectators. OK his distribution was poor at times but his shot-stopping and positional play was excellent. The central defence didn't do too bad either. So, given that our central defence and goalkeepers are our problem how the phuck did we cock up "our game"? Where was the passing, the one-touch stuff that might have made the United defence look heavy? It didn't effin' exist! Even the usual effin stupid penalty decision didn't give United a second goal so at 1-0 we were, or should have been always in with a chance.
But here's the thing - you don't score if you don't shoot at goal, eh? Rocket science is that! I GIVE UP!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 pm

We just froze in front of a not very good Man U side. Very disappointing.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:14 pm

I wonder where we go from here. Onwards and upwards would be nice.
A good performance against Stoke City, a thrashing of Stoke City to be honest would be some sort of recompense, I suppose. It doesn't matter who plays where, just get back to playing our game and show the likes of Ryan Shawcross and his demented manager that football wins over the other stuff!
Please let it happen, a good, straightforward hiding from start to finish - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:32 pm

jpr60 wrote:I wonder where we go from here. Onwards and upwards would be nice.
A good performance against Stoke City, a thrashing of Stoke City to be honest would be some sort of recompense, I suppose. It doesn't matter who plays where, just get back to playing our game and show the likes of Ryan Shawcross and his demented manager that football wins over the other stuff!
Please let it happen, a good, straightforward hiding from start to finish - come on Arsenal!

While Stoke don't play the free flowing football of Arsenal their games tend to be exciting.This will tell you more about the strength of the title challenge than a game at old Trafford will
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:I wonder where we go from here. Onwards and upwards would be nice.

While Stoke don't play the free flowing football of Arsenal their games tend to be exciting.This will tell you more about the strength of the title challenge than a game at old Trafford will

Well, The Arsenal didn't play the free-flowing football of Arsenal in their last game, so I'm hoping they'll find their collective touch for this one.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum