JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace Cup Squad Announced

+3
ADRIAN_1976
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Jay.P.A
7 posters

Go down

Peace Cup Squad Announced Empty Peace Cup Squad Announced

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:58 pm

GK:
Brad Friedel
Brad Guzan

DF:
Nicky Shorey
Luke Young
Wilfred Bouma
Carlos Cuellar
Curtis Davies
Zat Knight

MF:
Stiliyan Petrov
Nigel Reo-Coker
Moustapha Salifou
Isaiah Osbourne
Steve Sidwell
Ashley Young

ST:
John Carew
Marlon Harewood
Emile Heskey

Youngsters:
Elliot Parish, Marc Albrighton, Barry Bannan, Ciaran Clark, Chris Herd, Eric Lichaj, Shane Lowry, Jonathan Hogg, Andreas Weimann.

Good squad, very glad to see Bouma back! There's no Gabby, or Milner, on extented break I think.

Last edited by Jay.P.A on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Peace Cup Squad Announced Empty Re: Peace Cup Squad Announced

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:27 am

I don't see why Milner and Gabby are atleast not selected in the squad.

They can not play the first two games and then come back for later rounds if we are still in it. This way there only going to play in two friendlis, Oxford and Fiorentina. Which isn't exactly the best preperation for the new season.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:58 am

Even if you throw in Milner and Gabby that squad is crying out for a quality CB CM and ST
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I don't see why Milner and Gabby are atleast not selected in the squad.

They can not play the first two games and then come back for later rounds if we are still in it. This way there only going to play in two friendlis, Oxford and Fiorentina. Which isn't exactly the best preperation for the new season.

They dont return for training until 3rd August, the tournment finishes on the 2nd August.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:09 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I don't see why Milner and Gabby are atleast not selected in the squad.

They dont return for training until 3rd August, the tournment finishes on the 2nd August.

They aint going to be fit for the new season then.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

What do you do? Not give them a holiday? They need to have a break from football of a month you would think.

Milner will be sound, you cant imagine him having a normal footballers holiday, he probably will spend it hiking or something. Also Gabby should stay fit from shagging 16 year old girls all holiday.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:17 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

What do you do? Not give them a holiday? They need to have a break from football of a month you would think.

Milner will be sound, you cant imagine him having a normal footballers holiday, he probably will spend it hiking or something. Also Gabby should stay fit from shagging 16 year old girls all holiday.

Its been a few weeks since the U-21 tournament now.

Bout time they got back into training.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:19 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

It was in the Express and Star for the start of August, I would have thought that this Monday would be more appropriate for them to be back.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:48 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Even if you throw in Milner and Gabby that squad is crying out for a quality CB CM and ST

Distin, Delph, Gudjohnson/Tuncay tickle your fancy Ads?

Cool
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

They've both pretty much week in week out for 12 months now.I think they'll benefit more from a break than they would from pre season training.Both looked in need of a rest towards the end of last season.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:13 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Even if you throw in Milner and Gabby that squad is crying out for a quality CB CM and ST

Spot on
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:33 am

Jay.P.A wrote:

Cool

Not bad.. but make it Haangleand Veloso and Tuncay and i think we are ready to battle for 4th Cool
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:42 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:

Cool

Not bad.. but make it Haangleand Veloso and Tuncay and i think we are ready to battle for 4th Cool

I thought Robertson had come out saying we had no interest in Veloso, Ades.

Still think Haangleand will end up at Arsenal, especially if Toure goes to Man City. To be honest, I think we need more than 3 players in
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 am

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:

Cool

I thought Robertson had come out saying we had no interest in Veloso, Ades.

Still think Haangleand will end up at Arsenal, especially if Toure goes to Man City. To be honest, I think we need more than 3 players in

Lutes i didnt say what Robertson wants.. was thinking more of players who would do very well for us.. yes we def need more then three.. was just thinking of replacements ofr Laursen Barry and a new ST..

The fact we havent signed anybody with who can start the season in August is a Joke.. Oneil might keep his busienss private but its obviuos he takes too long to sort things out.. Couldnt give a feck if Spuds Everton and co havent brought players in or not.. our need is great and we arent buying quickly enough..

Even Tuncay.. wouldnt be surprised if come last week of August he hasnt been snapped up we buy him.. Like we are waiting to see if we can get him on the cheap..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:58 am

Apparently we are returning with a new bid for Distin, but when that is agreed, the red scouse shite are going to match the offer and try and get him. Must say I did think we would have another couple of signings in by now, MON must know the positions that need to be improved on as this season is going to be tougher. What is happening with the Defour bloke, has he been snapped up yet? Another player is the old Ajax guy Huuntelaar, apparently may be going to Stutgart, but the Spuds are sniffing around as well. He is an out and out goalscorer from the little I have seen of him. Surely he would have been worth a go at, though perhaps wages are an issue there.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:04 pm

Lutes a player like Huntlaear i can never see at Villa park under Oneil.. he just hasnt shown any indication he will go for players like that.. same with Veloso.. he is still at Liege..

When we had our takeover and Oneil came in..i think 99% of Villa fans thought we would get atleast one eye catching signing.. Seven transfer windows in and noone as of yet BUT considering Oneil doesnt like taking risks.. its surprising that his two stand out signings have been a kid who had half a season with Watford in prem and cost a big fee and a getting Carew from a foreign league in.. if anythign those two alone would make you think Oneil would be more adventurous in the transfer market
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:01 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lutes a player like Huntlaear i can never see at Villa park under Oneil.. he just hasnt shown any indication he will go for players like that.. same with Veloso.. he is still at Liege..

When we had our takeover and Oneil came in..i think 99% of Villa fans thought we would get atleast one eye catching signing.. Seven transfer windows in and noone as of yet BUT considering Oneil doesnt like taking risks.. its surprising that his two stand out signings have been a kid who had half a season with Watford in prem and cost a big fee and a getting Carew from a foreign league in.. if anythign those two alone would make you think Oneil would be more adventurous in the transfer market

I'm used to the fact now we are going for solid rather than spectactular and I'm ok with it as long as we fill the gaps and give ourselves enough of a decent squad size. I do think we need a little slice of luck with one of the kids really making an impact or a cheaper signing coming good. Not forgetting we should also be hoping for Gabby to step up to his full potential and for Milner/ Young to continue to improve.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum