JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wayne Bridge

+3
roadoftrinity
villanfromluton
Bedshammer
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wayne Bridge - Page 2 Empty Re: Wayne Bridge

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 am

QBVILLA wrote:Bridge is a prime example of what's been going wrong in football for years now.He's decent enough but has been paid the wages of a world beater whilst spending the best years of his career happily sitting on the bench.Can't blame the fella himself, but i'd question his hunger for the game.He's better than what West Ham have but i can't say i was too keen on the prospect of him signing for Villa.It's a lot of money to lay out on one player who will take a few games to pick up the pace of first team action and the other players reaction to the size of his wages could be disruptive.

Well, I'll give him a chance.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:57 pm

jannerblue wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Not sure how much effect a left back can influence the rest of the team beds, but they certainly battled last night

Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines both have a massive effect on how a game goes..

They have good players around them
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:10 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
englishhammer wrote:I'd have said him and Warnock were on par with each other

Yep, definitely. Both fucking shite.

I'm wrong, Bridge is worse.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:17 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
englishhammer wrote:I'd have said him and Warnock were on par with each other

Yep, definitely. Both fucking shite.

I'm wrong, Bridge is worse.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:25 am

Just watched MOTD this morning.What a debut Laughing
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:03 am

QBVILLA wrote:Just watched MOTD this morning.What a debut Laughing

Not the best, was it?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:09 am

To be fair to Bridge after being out for that long the last thing you'd want to face is Arsenal and in particular Theo Walcott.I don't think he'll be up to speed for at least a month, but that said his positioning for both goals was amateurish.The penalty he conceded was down to being off the pace.With regards to Grant though regardless of whether the fans love him or hate him the way he's been treated by the board smacks of a complete lack of class.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:12 am

QBVILLA wrote:To be fair to Bridge after being out for that long the last thing you'd want to face is Arsenal and in particular Theo Walcott.I don't think he'll be up to speed for at least a month, but that said his positioning for both goals was amateurish.The penalty he conceded was down to being off the pace.With regards to Grant though regardless of whether the fans love him or hate him the way he's been treated by the board smacks of a complete lack of class.

And the media. I'd be very interested to know Karren Brady's role in yesterday's debacle. In my opinion, she's far too indiscreet in her Sun column, and I'd question whether it's a conflict of interest.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am

We've spoke about Brady's column in the past, imo she reveals far too many things that should remain in house.As for the media/ written press they're paid for getting a story so i can't really blame them.The board should and could have done a lot more to protect Grant from these stories.When you look at the way Kermit has been pretty much left alone by the press despite taking a side from 6th to 19th in comparison to Grant who took over a squad which was always going to struggle this season questions have to be asked as why? Sullivan and Gold haven't helped him at all and in Gold's case he had so much to say earlier in the season it is a British tradition for the press to give him a kick at the first opportunity.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:To be fair to Bridge after being out for that long the last thing you'd want to face is Arsenal and in particular Theo Walcott.I don't think he'll be up to speed for at least a month, but that said his positioning for both goals was amateurish.The penalty he conceded was down to being off the pace.With regards to Grant though regardless of whether the fans love him or hate him the way he's been treated by the board smacks of a complete lack of class.

And the media. I'd be very interested to know Karren Brady's role in yesterday's debacle. In my opinion, she's far too indiscreet in her Sun column, and I'd question whether it's a conflict of interest.

There is no way Brady should be writing about things such as the Sidwell purchase in a national newspaper, totally undermined the manager. The media are going to be interested when these people keep on coming out with stupid remarks
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:35 am

QBVILLA wrote:We've spoke about Brady's column in the past, imo she reveals far too many things that should remain in house.As for the media/ written press they're paid for getting a story so i can't really blame them.The board should and could have done a lot more to protect Grant from these stories.When you look at the way Kermit has been pretty much left alone by the press despite taking a side from 6th to 19th in comparison to Grant who took over a squad which was always going to struggle this season questions have to be asked as why? Sullivan and Gold haven't helped him at all and in Gold's case he had so much to say earlier in the season it is a British tradition for the press to give him a kick at the first opportunity.

We have indeed. I struggle to reconcile that column with the assertion that she's an astute businesswoman. And she plays on the "woman" angle too much for my liking. In my experience it's far more effective to ignore it completely and then act completely appalled and astonished when someone makes a misogynistic statement. Works a treat.

On the other hand, bursting into tears when my car breaks down is also a very effective tool. One has to use the weapons at ones disposal.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:39 am

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:We've spoke about Brady's column in the past, imo she reveals far too many things that should remain in house.As for the media/ written press they're paid for getting a story so i can't really blame them.The board should and could have done a lot more to protect Grant from these stories.When you look at the way Kermit has been pretty much left alone by the press despite taking a side from 6th to 19th in comparison to Grant who took over a squad which was always going to struggle this season questions have to be asked as why? Sullivan and Gold haven't helped him at all and in Gold's case he had so much to say earlier in the season it is a British tradition for the press to give him a kick at the first opportunity.

We have indeed. I struggle to reconcile that column with the assertion that she's an astute businesswoman. And she plays on the "woman" angle too much for my liking. In my experience it's far more effective to ignore it completely and then act completely appalled and astonished when someone makes a misogynistic statement. Works a treat.

On the other hand, bursting into tears when my car breaks down is also a very effective tool. One has to use the weapons at ones disposal.

Have you seen that geordie comedienne, Sarah MacMillan I think her name is?She was saying that she's a hardcore feminist and feels very strongly about equal rights.Some bloke said she'd got a nice rack and she just giggled and said although she feels strongly about feminism it's always good hear that someone appreciates her knockers Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

Have you seen that geordie comedienne, Sarah MacMillan I think her name is?She was saying that she's a hardcore feminist and feels very strongly about equal rights.Some bloke said she'd got a nice rack and she just giggled and said although she feels strongly about feminism it's always good hear that someone appreciates her knockers Very Happy

Yes, I like her. Sensible feminists actually like men and don't feel they've got anything to prove. My dad was an Old Skool factory worker who was blessed (!) with 2 daughters. Years ahead of his time, he brought us up think we're as good as anyone, man or woman. He had more success with me than my sister. But I did learn early on to save my breath for the fights that are worth fighting.

But compliments are always nice. There aren't many women who don't try to make themselves look the best they can and it's nice to be appreciated.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2