JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaga 1 Villa 0

+4
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Jay.P.A
ADRIAN_1976
villahagler69
8 posters

Go down

Malaga 1 Villa  0 Empty Malaga 1 Villa 0

Post  villahagler69 Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:03 am

Awful display in a supposedly competitive tournament. Trust me MON did not just enter this to check the lads fitness etc and would be pleased to get knocked out straight away. I dont think we have any driving force in the side at all, Stan was pretty decent in a poor poor team effort. Curtis and Carlos have definate communication problems shown so many times last night. When players like Rooney, Van Persie,Tevez, Drogba get amongst them they are going to look like the chuckle brothers. A dominant experienced ,"LOUD" CB is badly needed to be paired with either of them.
No shots on target and first corner after 70 mins is crap, even for a Sunday League Pre season game let alone Prem quality. Regardless how much or little this tournament means to Villa, it was bad, very bad.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Malaga 1 Villa  0 Empty Re: Malaga 1 Villa 0

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:08 pm

I know what you mean Hagler.. That squad/team doesnt have any depth..its like we are re building after avoiding relegation not having just finished 6th.. We were shite last night.. had no chances and your right davies and Cuellar need a lot of work to be done..

To be entering in a half decent tournament for the first time i can remembe..r we have taken down a squad with no depth.. when the hell we are gonna sign new players and let themn bed in i have no idea.. if it happened one summer you can undersatnd but it instead of our squad being settled and lookinh healthier we seem to have gone backwards..

I just hope we dont pay 4M for a 31 year old defender in the last year of his contract otherwise it will sum up our imagination in the transfer window..

Without much belief i say.. Come on Oneil deliver some real quality to help us challenge for 4TH!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Also we are waisting our time with the likes of Harewood..Salifou..Osbourne.. all three are shite and need to be shifted out.. the fact we need to use them even in friendlies is ridiculous..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Osbourne actually wasn't too bad yesterday.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:57 pm

I think we should be applauded for the way we honoured the reputation of the Peace Cup

Our strikers impeccably observed a ceasefire

Thought the young full back did quite well

Heskey got injured going for one of those Brazil 1970 type of football attacking moves for which we are so famous

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 am

Atlanta beat malaga 3-1 last night meaning that Villa can now qualify with a win by 2 goals over Atlanta.

Lets hope Harewood isn't playing.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Atlanta beat malaga 3-1 last night meaning that Villa can now qualify with a win by 2 goals over Atlanta.

Lets hope Harewood isn't playing.

And if we do manage to qualify, there is a good chance it will be best ran team in the world in the semi finals, Porto.

Who would you support Lion? Very Happy

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:45 am

I read some comments after this game from Davies about us needing to sign some new faces. It came across to me that the squad is lacking confidence after losing Barry & Laursen and suitable replacements as well as additions are urgently required.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:48 am

villainies wrote:I read some comments after this game from Davies about us needing to sign some new faces. It came across to me that the squad is lacking confidence after losing Barry & Laursen and suitable replacements as well as additions are urgently required.

No shit
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:I read some comments after this game from Davies about us needing to sign some new faces. It came across to me that the squad is lacking confidence after losing Barry & Laursen and suitable replacements as well as additions are urgently required.

No shit

I didn't expect one of the players to be so open about their collective lack of confidence.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:16 am

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

No shit

I didn't expect one of the players to be so open about their collective lack of confidence.

Did he talk about lack of confidence or just that we need some new players?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 am

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

No shit

Did he talk about lack of confidence or just that we need some new players?

He didn't say the words but reading between the lines and taking into account the performance I'd say that confidence is lacking esp. after two decent seasons.

Curtis Davies believes that Aston Villa face a "tough" season ahead unless Martin O'Neill can bring in some stellar signings before the new campaign gets under way. The central defender, who admitted there is little depth to the current Villa squad, is keen to see O'Neill add several "top-quality" players over the coming weeks to maintain the progress that has established the club in the Premier League's top six over the past two years.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:30 am

So therefore he was just going on about us needing more signings, which the manager has already said. In other words, he did not say they was a collective lack of confidence, you have come to that conclusion Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:56 am

villanfromluton wrote:So therefore he was just going on about us needing more signings, which the manager has already said. In other words, he did not say they was a collective lack of confidence, you have come to that conclusion Wink

Or you could say I've used my noggin and not taken his words on face value. Razz
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:46 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:So therefore he was just going on about us needing more signings, which the manager has already said. In other words, he did not say they was a collective lack of confidence, you have come to that conclusion Wink

Or you could say I've used my noggin and not taken his words on face value. Razz

In other words, you are talking shite as per normal Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:09 pm

It does speak volumes really, you`d never hear John Terry or Vidic saying quality CB`s were needed at their respective clubs as they beleive they are quality and have the confidence in their own abilities. I know Davies didnt exactly say those words but him and Cuellar and crying out for a Laursen like signing to play alongside one of them as I dont think they have to much confidence in themselves or each other thus far.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:00 pm

villahagler69 wrote:It does speak volumes really, you`d never hear John Terry or Vidic saying quality CB`s were needed at their respective clubs as they beleive they are quality and have the confidence in their own abilities. I know Davies didnt exactly say those words but him and Cuellar and crying out for a Laursen like signing to play alongside one of them as I dont think they have to much confidence in themselves or each other thus far.

He didnt say those words, full stop. What he did say is we need more bodies in. Even Stevie Wonder could see that was the case.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:29 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villahagler69 wrote:It does speak volumes really, you`d never hear John Terry or Vidic saying quality CB`s were needed at their respective clubs as they beleive they are quality and have the confidence in their own abilities. I know Davies didnt exactly say those words but him and Cuellar and crying out for a Laursen like signing to play alongside one of them as I dont think they have to much confidence in themselves or each other thus far.

He didnt say those words, full stop. What he did say is we need more bodies in. Even Stevie Wonder could see that was the case.

scratch :doh:
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:03 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Stevie Wonder might even be a better CB than those two. confused

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Whatever was said the fact is i cant get my head round Oneils transfer policy.. FFS its that bad that Distin will be hailed a bleeding messiah when we finally sign him even thou if in April we were told he would be coming it wouldnt have excited anyone..

Oneil is a great manager but bloody hell he is very very frustrating in the transfer window.. we had an awfull end to the season and have taken that confidence into the Peace Cup... 4months on from looking like Champions League qualifiers we have a thread bare squad and a bad start would put Oneil under some serious pressure..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 pm

I agree, its annoying to say the least. He should take a few tips from my Mrs. When any sale starts that shes intersested in, she`s there, front of the queue, elbows sharpened fighting for the best deals and getting them. You stand back, watch and wait, you end up with a shitty scarf you didnt want in the first place.

In footballing terms Titus Bramble. Very Happy

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum