JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Stoke fans see yesterday's result

Go down

How Stoke fans see yesterday's result Empty How Stoke fans see yesterday's result

Post  Bedshammer Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:59 pm

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125213

Cherrypicked, no doubt, but interesting all the same.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

How Stoke fans see yesterday's result Empty Re: How Stoke fans see yesterday's result

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:06 am

I don't know if you've posted elsewhere Beds but have you read this letter from a stoke fan after the match to KUMB.

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125219

"Firstly I would like to say well done for the three points on Saturday. The main reason for the mail is an apology of some sorts, although I fear it might fall on some deaf ears.

The 'idiots' who attach themselves to our away days have, no doubt, knocked back any chance of West Ham being a good away day in the future. This Saturday - as well as last season - I enjoyed a good day out in the Queens with no troubles and chipped in with Hammers on the friendly banter chat, pro's/cons of 4-4-2, hatred of Chelsea etc.

Sadly though it will, I think, be my last trip. I'm a middle-aged fan but the idiots/young ones/whatever polite name you would like to call them just don't have a clue and this will, I'm sure, mean any future trips won't be worth the hassle.

If they want to fight, great! Leave it to them to fight 'idiots' of similar mentality and as far away from London as possible. Even the 'etiquette' (and I use the term loosely) of not hitting scarfs/kids/etc seems not to count now. I am not a hooligan, and never have been but it's not exactly uncommon knowledge, is it?

No doubt that Sunday's FA Cup match will be a more hostile affair, which in turn would make the next trip to Upton Park hostile too. I'm sure that every decent Stoke City fan (...and there are some!) will wash their hands of these morons who have once again set our club's image back a few years. Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

I hope you all have a safe trip up to Staffordshire on Sunday - and that football is what the day is remembered for."

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum