JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darren Bent

5 posters

Go down

Darren Bent Empty Darren Bent

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Seven league goals in eleven league games.. We couldve been relegated without him..

18m is a lot of money but seems like top buy.. Could easily get 20 league goals for us next season..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Darren Bent Empty Re: Darren Bent

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 am

Header today was fantastic, an inch either way and it would have either been saved or bounced of the post.

People say we paid over the odds, but the goals he has scored prove them all wrong, excellent goals to games ratio and without him we might not be staying in this league.

Overall todays game was pretty poor, we need to learn to break down teams that come to villa to play for a draw.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:45 am

bent is worth the money...compared to what might have happened if relegated...

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:50 am

Already proving his worth. Bent is the best striker we've had at the club since Peter Withe.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:56 am

villainies wrote:Already proving his worth. Bent is the best striker we've had at the club since Peter Withe.

how about giving him a full season...before you start to swallow his sausage in praising him vidal

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:43 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Header today was fantastic, an inch either way and it would have either been saved or bounced of the post.

People say we paid over the odds, but the goals he has scored prove them all wrong, excellent goals to games ratio and without him we might not be staying in this league.

Overall todays game was pretty poor, we need to learn to break down teams that come to villa to play for a draw.

The problem is that we are back to having Reo and Petrov in the middle of the park.. So virtually no creativity in the middle of the park.. Def need a midfield playmaker in the summer..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:08 am

Mark west ham man wrote:
villainies wrote:Already proving his worth. Bent is the best striker we've had at the club since Peter Withe.

how about giving him a full season...before you start to swallow his sausage in praising him vidal
Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:48 am

Have to agree with Mark on this one, bit of a rash statement. Much as I liked Withe by the way, I dont think he was the best striker at the club at the time he was playing, Gary Shaw took that mantle and would have been world class IMHO but for a wanker called Ian Bowyer dragging him to his feet when he thought he was feigning injury and fceking him up.

Dwight Yorke takes some beating, a delight to see playing, a shame how it ended, but does not detract from the fact he was a superb footballer
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:14 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Header today was fantastic, an inch either way and it would have either been saved or bounced of the post.

The problem is that we are back to having Reo and Petrov in the middle of the park.. So virtually no creativity in the middle of the park.. Def need a midfield playmaker in the summer..

Makoun should have been started instead of Petrov, we put the ball in the air far to often and Stoke have no problem containing a team that employs that tactic against them.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Have to agree with Mark on this one, bit of a rash statement. Much as I liked Withe by the way, I dont think he was the best striker at the club at the time he was playing, Gary Shaw took that mantle and would have been world class IMHO but for a wanker called Ian Bowyer dragging him to his feet when he thought he was feigning injury and fceking him up.

Dwight Yorke takes some beating, a delight to see playing, a shame how it ended, but does not detract from the fact he was a superb footballer

Withe was better than both of them at getting the ball in the back of the net. Bent is the same,he is the sort of player we've needed for ages.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Makoun should have been started instead of Petrov, we put the ball in the air far to often and Stoke have no problem containing a team that employs that tactic against them.

I thought it should have been Makoun instead of NRC who I thought had a shocker. Was it you that picked NRC for the sponsors man of the match?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Makoun should have been started instead of Petrov, we put the ball in the air far to often and Stoke have no problem containing a team that employs that tactic against them.

I thought it should have been Makoun instead of NRC who I thought had a shocker. Was it you that picked NRC for the sponsors man of the match?

No but I think to drop NRC after a very good game at West Ham, especially with 'some' people pointing the finger at him for that injury to O'neil would have been very harming to his confidence. Also NRC is the battler in the middle, while both Makoun and Petrov are the "playmakers" but Makoun is obviously the better passer of the ball despite a poor performance in the last home game, so with us needing to keep it on the floor but retain some fight in the midfield then Makoun and NRC would be the clear choice IMO

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:02 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Withe was better than both of them at getting the ball in the back of the net. Bent is the same,he is the sort of player we've needed for ages.

Withe was a class player, but Shaw and Yorke were better players IMHO. Shaw would have gone on to special things, no doubt about it

villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
No but I think to drop NRC after a very good game at West Ham, especially with 'some' people pointing the finger at him for that injury to O'neil would have been very harming to his confidence. Also NRC is the battler in the middle, while both Makoun and Petrov are the "playmakers" but Makoun is obviously the better passer of the ball despite a poor performance in the last home game, so with us needing to keep it on the floor but retain some fight in the midfield then Makoun and NRC would be the clear choice IMO

Stoke just gave us the middle of the park so no need for NRC, I would have started with both him and Petrov due to how they played in recent games, but I would have taken off NRC for
Makoun as thought NRC was very poor.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum