JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player and young player of the year

+2
villanfromluton
roadoftrinity
6 posters

Go down

Player and young player of the year Empty Player and young player of the year

Post  roadoftrinity Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 am

I see that Downing won all the accolades for player of the year, and deservidly so as he has been easlier our most effective player this season. Lets hope we get him on a new contract sharpish.

Also, I see that the slowest player ever to play in the Premier League, Marc Albrighton won young player of the year, deservedly so as well. Albrighton coming through will soften the blow of losing Young this summer.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Player and young player of the year Empty Re: Player and young player of the year

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 10, 2011 9:15 am

totally agree about Downing. Hope he stays, but fear that he may be on his way also.

ROT, didnt Clark jointly get young player. Albrighton has done well, learning process and hopefully will come back stronger next season. Likewise with Clark. If the likes of the two Young's, Petrov, NRC are going, why not give some of the younger players a game before the end of the season
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Player and young player of the year Empty Re: Player and young player of the year

Post  villainies Tue May 10, 2011 9:29 am

Little chance of keeping Young but think we have a chance with Downing. I would guess he is looking closely at the managerial situation and might need assuring that the money from the sale of Young will see us strengthen in other areas. Albrighton is good and will do better next season after having to step up this year. Shame he is the slowest footballer in the whole of the football league!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 10, 2011 9:40 am

Got to say that it is a sad state of affairs when a player who Jak could beat in a sprint with his zimmer frame wins our young player of the year award
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue May 10, 2011 10:27 am

Here we have three comedians sitting on jwned knocking one out.. Tosspot

By the way in 45 minutes of football the whole of the prem has sussed out a player that has warmed the bench for the last few months.. top notch analysis there Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue May 10, 2011 10:29 am

Its been a shit season.. dont care whos been player of the year or young player..

Lerner needs to announce on June 1st who the manager will be for next season so we can get players in and out without the farce of everything being up in th air..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 10, 2011 10:45 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Its been a shit season.. dont care whos been player of the year or young player..

Lerner needs to announce on June 1st who the manager will be for next season so we can get players in and out without the farce of everything being up in th air..

Bollox to that, he needs to announce it on 23 May that Houllier is offski and get a new manager (and assistant) in
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue May 10, 2011 10:47 am

I don't think Downing will leave.He's playing the best football of his career and only a few weeks back was quoted as saying that he feels that he owes the club.If he goes then it'll be down to the club not the player.One of the few good things that has happened this season has been the emergence of the youngsters.Personally i'd have opted for Clark as young player of the year but I don't begrudge Albrighton winning it.Will prove to be a top class winger IMO.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue May 10, 2011 11:20 am

Marky Marky Marky Marky Marky Albrightonnnnnn....

He's slow as fcuk, he's slow fcuk!

Tosspot

Very Happy
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 am

I hope Downing stays, has done very well this season and proved the doubters wrong who said he was a waste of money. Still think he could do a good job in the centre as well
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue May 10, 2011 12:03 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I hope Downing stays, has done very well this season and proved the doubters wrong who said he was a waste of money. Still think he could do a good job in the centre as well

He probably could do a job in the centre, but don't see the point in moving him there when he has been so effective on the wing.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 10, 2011 2:04 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I hope Downing stays, has done very well this season and proved the doubters wrong who said he was a waste of money. Still think he could do a good job in the centre as well

He probably could do a job in the centre, but don't see the point in moving him there when he has been so effective on the wing.

Milner did a good job on the wing as well ROT, but far better in the middle. Reckon Downing could influence a game more there
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue May 10, 2011 2:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Milner did a good job on the wing as well ROT, but far better in the middle. Reckon Downing could influence a game more there

Milner was different for me, he always looked like he was going to be better in the middle as he was never exceptional on the wing, he just did a good job there, his work rate was superb and he could tackle. Downing likes a tackle about as much as you like salad, I guess you could play him in a midfield 3 but I think he has been brilliant on the wing so should stay there.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue May 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Downing would be terrible in the middle. Lutes - Tosspot We should get Parker in.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm

villainies wrote:Downing would be terrible in the middle. Lutes - Tosspot We should get Parker in.

I'd have to agree, he doesn't like to tackle much and does bottle it sometimes on 50/50s, so he wouldn't be good as one of the two in midfield, but if we played 4-3-3/4-2-1-3 he could be the player in the hole, aka the David Silva/Lampard role.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
villainies wrote:Downing would be terrible in the middle. Lutes - Tosspot We should get Parker in.

I'd have to agree, he doesn't like to tackle much and does bottle it sometimes on 50/50s, so he wouldn't be good as one of the two in midfield, but if we played 4-3-3/4-2-1-3 he could be the player in the hole, aka the David Silva/Lampard role.

Course he can play in the middle, in a 2 or 3, preferrably is the hole. He did it for Boro and excelled there by all account. As for getting Parker in, he will be off to Spuds or Arsenal, get a grip Vidal
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue May 10, 2011 4:47 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:

Course he can play in the middle, in a 2 or 3, preferrably is the hole. He did it for Boro and excelled there by all account. As for getting Parker in, he will be off to Spuds or Arsenal, get a grip Vidal

Probably why they got relagated Whistle

Huh
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:

Probably why they got relagated Whistle

Huh

They got relegated cos they were a pile of shite, not because of Downing Tosspot
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum