JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QPR ticket prices

+2
Reddi!
Bedshammer
6 posters

Go down

QPR ticket prices Empty QPR ticket prices

Post  Bedshammer Wed May 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Queens Park Rangers supporters have reacted angrily after learning they will be charged up to £72 to watch their team in the Barclays Premier League next season.

Club owners Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal are cashing in on the club's promotion back to the top flight by hiking the prices of both matchday and season tickets.

The cheapest tickets will be £47 while season tickets are up by almost 40% from last term, although with four home games less in the Premier League compared to the npower Championship, the increase is even more in real terms.

The price rises were widely predicted but have still been met with dismay by many Rangers fans.

"It's an absolute disgrace and, yet again, underlines the total contempt the owners of QPR have for the fans," said Paul Finney of the Independent R's website. "Flavio Briatore's dream is a 'boutique' club, which has an exclusive feel to it and is the place for wealthy people to be seen.

"Not only is that a slap in the face of QPR supporters, it is not in the long-term interests of a club that has two other Premier League clubs (Chelsea and Fulham) on its doorstep."
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

QPR ticket prices Empty Re: QPR ticket prices

Post  Reddi! Wed May 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Queens Park Rangers supporters have reacted angrily after learning they will be charged up to £72 to watch their team in the Barclays Premier League next season.

Club owners Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal are cashing in on the club's promotion back to the top flight by hiking the prices of both matchday and season tickets.

The cheapest tickets will be £47 while season tickets are up by almost 40% from last term, although with four home games less in the Premier League compared to the npower Championship, the increase is even more in real terms.

The price rises were widely predicted but have still been met with dismay by many Rangers fans.

"It's an absolute disgrace and, yet again, underlines the total contempt the owners of QPR have for the fans," said Paul Finney of the Independent R's website. "Flavio Briatore's dream is a 'boutique' club, which has an exclusive feel to it and is the place for wealthy people to be seen.

"Not only is that a slap in the face of QPR supporters, it is not in the long-term interests of a club that has two other Premier League clubs (Chelsea and Fulham) on its doorstep."

Perhaps he could justify those prices by rebuilding the ancient fly-tip known as Loftus Road.
Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm

I think they're more likely to sell the land for development in the future and make a fortune.

That's what I'd do anyway.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Wed May 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Tilton wrote:I think they're more likely to sell the land for development in the future and make a fortune.

Prime land around the BBC and loads of new offices have gone up in the last few years. They'd be stupid not looking into it. I can't imagine Ecclestone hasn't.
Reddi!
Reddi!

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Wed May 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Reddi! wrote:
Tilton wrote:I think they're more likely to sell the land for development in the future and make a fortune.

Prime land around the BBC and loads of new offices have gone up in the last few years. They'd be stupid not looking into it. I can't imagine Ecclestone hasn't.

He has not become a multi billionaire for no reason now has he Reddi...

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Wed May 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Billy Bonds wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

Maybe he has decided to swap F1 for FU!!
Reddi!
Reddi!

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed May 25, 2011 4:50 pm

I thought Loftus road only seated about 10 people anyway..... Its not a big ground but I can understand having to pay £70 to see the mighty spuds.. but to see the Gooners and Chelscum its worth about 50p
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Wed May 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Reddi! wrote:
Billy Bonds wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

Maybe he has decided to swap F1 for FU!!

Is that some kind of new format of racing

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 25, 2011 6:03 pm

On that basis Hammers' fans should be happy to see a marked reduction in ticket prices for next season, eh?
Oh and Frenchie - £70 to watch a team battle for a Europa League place every season, perrrrrlllease!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed May 25, 2011 6:10 pm

jpr60 wrote:On that basis Hammers' fans should be happy to see a marked reduction in ticket prices for next season, eh?
Oh and Frenchie - £70 to watch a team battle for a Europa League place every season, perrrrrlllease!

I know thats why I mentioned the gooners it so boring watching you lot fight to get in the europa... 50p is all its worth.. maybe 75p with a prawn sarnie thrown in
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 25, 2011 7:18 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:On that basis Hammers' fans should be happy to see a marked reduction in ticket prices for next season, eh?

I know thats why I mentioned the gooners it so boring watching you lot fight to get in the europa... 50p is all its worth.. maybe 75p with a prawn sarnie thrown in

I never argue with a lady, especially one who's a) feeling frisky and b) p!ssed (apparently)! Us Gooners do, however, appear regularly in The Champions League competition - the Europa League is the one that teams should really try to avoid - tell 'Arry for chrissake!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed May 25, 2011 7:21 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I never argue with a lady, especially one who's a) feeling frisky and b) p!ssed (apparently)! Us Gooners do, however, appear regularly in The Champions League competition - the Europa League is the one that teams should really try to avoid - tell 'Arry for chrissake!

'arry did say that but it would seem the team prefer the ladies out in eastern Europe and decided to actually play for the last couple of games...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum