JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dispatches - Channel 4

5 posters

Go down

Dispatches - Channel 4 Empty Dispatches - Channel 4

Post  Ringo Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Dunno what Bryan Robson was hoping to achieve.

Surely he knew that his name would come to the surface of the murky waters of underhand dealings in football?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Dispatches - Channel 4 Empty Re: Dispatches - Channel 4

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:56 pm

What did he say??
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 am

That his contacts could buy more than ONE club for a consortium that would never come to light.
This is totally illegal as it is not possible to be involved in more than one club.

You can always watch it on www.channel4.com
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:45 am

Ringo wrote:That his contacts could buy more than ONE club for a consortium that would never come to light.
This is totally illegal as it is not possible to be involved in more than one club.

You can always watch it on www.channel4.com

I thought that the rules stated that owners had to be declared and be fit and proper. It would be very hard to pass that criteria by keeping the real owners secret.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:53 am

It was an interesting watch Frenchie, some chinese/tiwanese whatever he was was the man behind it all. He sat there in meetings with Bryan Robson next to him talking about how he would get people to front the bid who would pass the fit and proper persons criteria, he wanted to buy 3 different clubs. Robson showed himself to be a bit of a tnuc, saying that football was dead because of the money from Sky and now its just business and if you can buy a club for x amount and make a profit selling it on then why not.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:07 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It was an interesting watch Frenchie, some chinese/tiwanese whatever he was was the man behind it all. He sat there in meetings with Bryan Robson next to him talking about how he would get people to front the bid who would pass the fit and proper persons criteria, he wanted to buy 3 different clubs. Robson showed himself to be a bit of a tnuc, saying that football was dead because of the money from Sky and now its just business and if you can buy a club for x amount and make a profit selling it on then why not.

I think that is probably right in this day and age. People are not in it for the football but the money. Although I have to say that I am not certain that money was not always the main motivator for the owners.

I suspect that the managers generally were all about the football and the club.

It used to be a privilege to play for a team be it Spurs, Arsenal, Utd or Liverpool. This now seems to me to be not the case the players are there whilst it suits.

Look at Modric he says he wants to play for Chelsea and it is a dream he has always had. I doubt he ever heard of Chelsea until he arrived in England 3 years ago. But then again its a short career and you follow the money so you cant blame him really.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:52 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It was an interesting watch Frenchie, some chinese/tiwanese whatever he was was the man behind it all. He sat there in meetings with Bryan Robson next to him talking about how he would get people to front the bid who would pass the fit and proper persons criteria, he wanted to buy 3 different clubs. Robson showed himself to be a bit of a tnuc, saying that football was dead because of the money from Sky and now its just business and if you can buy a club for x amount and make a profit selling it on then why not.

I think that is probably right in this day and age. People are not in it for the football but the money. Although I have to say that I am not certain that money was not always the main motivator for the owners.

It used to be a privilege to play for a team be it Spurs, Arsenal, Utd or Liverpool. This now seems to me to be not the case the players are there whilst it suits.

Look at Modric he says he wants to play for Chelsea and it is a dream he has always had. I doubt he ever heard of Chelsea until he arrived in England 3 years ago. But then again its a short career and you follow the money so you cant blame him really.

I'd have a lot more respect for modric if he said something along the lines of,

"I can treble my money at Chelsea, i'm not a fan i'm an employee and i'll do my best for whoever pays me the most money"

And you could level that at the vast majority of footballers and whilst it may not be what the diehards want to hear, it's the truth.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:30 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I'd have a lot more respect for modric if he said something along the lines of,

"I can treble my money at Chelsea, i'm not a fan i'm an employee and i'll do my best for whoever pays me the most money"

And you could level that at the vast majority of footballers and whilst it may not be what the diehards want to hear, it's the truth.

Danny,
You have really hit the jackpot with that statement.

But since when has honesty been a kingpin of football?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Or any other business?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:39 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Or any other business?

C'mon........... Even your line of work must be honest!

Maybe !
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum