JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best TV Series ever...

+7
villanfromluton
QBVILLA
Ringo
Jay.P.A
villainies
Bedshammer
mikey
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best TV Series ever... Empty Best TV Series ever...

Post  mikey Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:18 am

At the moment I am watching the Sopranos and it's fantastic. James Gandolfini is just immense.
I tried getting into Madmen but found it a bit boring.
Breaking Bad is good and I need to follow it up.
As for war series, obviously Band of Brothers.

Any other good tv series, or what are your personal favourites?

mikey

Back to top Go down

Best TV Series ever... Empty Re: Best TV Series ever...

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:32 am

House MD, Peep Show, and I've just got into Curb Your Enthusiasm which is amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:58 am

curb your enthusiasm is with larry david if i'm not mistaken? what's it about?

peep show is funny. i like mitchell. not a devote follower of it by any stretch of the imagination though

mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:00 am

We've been watching the early series of Shameless.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 am

We're just making our way through Sopranos too. It has taken a while to get into it but I'm enjoying it. The best thing I've ever watched is The Wire, nothing comes close.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:21 am

villainies wrote:We're just making our way through Sopranos too. It has taken a while to get into it but I'm enjoying it. The best thing I've ever watched is The Wire, nothing comes close.

Is that Idris bloke from Luther in that? He's awesome.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 am

The Sopranos was fecking class, loved every minute of it. Probably the best tv show ever.

I've watched The Wire up to season 3 so far, absolute class. You've got to love HBO.

2 of the best tv shows ever created.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:24 am

Bedshammer wrote:
villainies wrote:We're just making our way through Sopranos too. It has taken a while to get into it but I'm enjoying it. The best thing I've ever watched is The Wire, nothing comes close.

He plays Stringer Bell. A brilliant character.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 am

Bedshammer wrote:We've been watching the early series of Shameless.

I have to admit, I enjoyed every series of 'Shameless'

Then there was the series of 'Persuaders' as featured on last night's 'Top Gear'
Roger Moore & Tony Curtis as the English gentleman and the brash American was a great pairing.
It was funny, but realistic at the same time.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 am

The psychiatry bits where its just Dr.Melfi and her own psychiatrist kill me.

mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 am

mikey wrote:

The relationships he has with the his wife, mother and shrink are what makes it great for me. Just about to start the 3rd series so plenty more to go for me.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 am

villainies wrote:
mikey wrote:

The relationships he has with the his wife, mother and shrink are what makes it great for me. Just about to start the 3rd series so plenty more to go for me.
Just finishing up the second series myself.

Can you please just refresh my memory. Do you know in the first season when Meadows soccer coach is found to have to sex with Meadows friend. What happened him, did Tony do anything to him? I can't for the life of me remember.

mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:13 pm

It's just struck me that I hardly watch any television these days.Never watched a single episode of the Sopranos despite it sounding like it's right up my street.Of every other show mentioned on this thread the only one i've ever seen anything of is peep show, which is IMO excellent.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:17 pm

QBVILLA wrote:It's just struck me that I hardly watch any television these days.Never watched a single episode of the Sopranos despite it sounding like it's right up my street.Of every other show mentioned on this thread the only one i've ever seen anything of is peep show, which is IMO excellent.
Do you not have enough time to watch them or were you just never really too bothered about watching them?

mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 pm

mikey wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:It's just struck me that I hardly watch any television these days.Never watched a single episode of the Sopranos despite it sounding like it's right up my street.Of every other show mentioned on this thread the only one i've ever seen anything of is peep show, which is IMO excellent.
Do you not have enough time to watch them or were you just never really too bothered about watching them?

Never really been keen on sitting in the house but there's a few factors really.I work 6-2 so i'm generally in bed by 10pm.When I get back from work i'm looking after my kids and cooking the tea, then I take the dog out for a hr walk minimum.By the time i've showered and settled down it's bed time.If it isn't on at 9pm then chances are I won't watch it.I like the Apprentice and tonight i'll watch New Tricks.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:49 pm

mikey wrote:
villainies wrote:
mikey wrote:

Just finishing up the second series myself.

Can you please just refresh my memory. Do you know in the first season when Meadows soccer coach is found to have to sex with Meadows friend. What happened him, did Tony do anything to him? I can't for the life of me remember.

I can't remember exactly how it pans out but I seem to remember Tony plans on feckin him up but decides against it.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 pm

mikey wrote:

too pissed.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:38 pm

villainies wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

He plays Stringer Bell. A brilliant character.

Have you seen Luther?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:40 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
mikey wrote:

Never really been keen on sitting in the house but there's a few factors really.I work 6-2 so i'm generally in bed by 10pm.When I get back from work i'm looking after my kids and cooking the tea, then I take the dog out for a hr walk minimum.By the time i've showered and settled down it's bed time.If it isn't on at 9pm then chances are I won't watch it.I like the Apprentice and tonight i'll watch New Tricks.

Oh, I love New Tricks!
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Luther is so amazing. Embarassed
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
mikey wrote:

Oh, I love New Tricks!

You never seemed too keen when Lion used to offer to show you a new trick
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
mikey wrote:

Oh, I love New Tricks!

You never seemed too keen when Lion used to offer to show you a new trick

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm

That Idris Elba is a brilliant actor. I actually thought he was american, because of his part in 'The Wire'.

Need to watch the whole of Luther next.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:That Idris Elba is a brilliant actor. I actually thought he was american, because of his part in 'The Wire'.

Need to watch the whole of Luther next.

He's recently been considered for a part in a Tarantino film. He didn't get it, but you're right, he's brilliant.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:31 am

villainies wrote:
mikey wrote:

too pissed.

Don't drink during the week.Meanwhile you are plying your neighbour's missus with lambrini in the hope of getting a glimpse of her flange No
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next