JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nasri

+6
jak
roadoftrinity
FrenchSpur
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
jpr60
Bedshammer
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nasri Empty Nasri

Post  Bedshammer Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:13 pm

is apparently on his way up nawf for a medical. Arsenal have agreed terms with Man City.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Nasri Empty Re: Nasri

Post  jpr60 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Finally - but it's still a blow. TBH I was thinking that if Fabregas left we'd hold on to Nasri - now we've lost both. OK, from a "business" point of view we've come out well, £30m-odd for Cesc and probably £20-25m for Nasri, a player in his final year of contract (we paid about £13.5m for him 3 years ago). The word is that we've done a good financial deal to overlook the original tapping-up by ManC - who cares? The point is I'd rather have the players than the money - it's pretty difficult to find players of the Fabregas/Nasri level who will play for less than the silly money offered by the Chelseas and ManCitys so it's really not easy to replace the ones you lose. Good luck Arsene!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Average players though would you agree Whistle

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:38 pm

It is beginning to grate a bit with these 'rich' clubs keep tapping up players and unsettling them. It really is about time something was done about the problem.

We had Fergie being all sanctimonious on Monday night saying how sorry he felt for Spurs with the tapping up of Modric.... The only thing he is sorry about is it wasn't him doing it. He is one of the worse for doing the tapping..
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:49 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:It is beginning to grate a bit with these 'rich' clubs keep tapping up players and unsettling them. It really is about time something was done about the problem.

We had Fergie being all sanctimonious on Monday night saying how sorry he felt for Spurs with the tapping up of Modric.... The only thing he is sorry about is it wasn't him doing it. He is one of the worse for doing the tapping..

There's little doubt that the rich clubs think they can get away with anything and they do (e.g. Chelsea with Ashley Cole). Chelsea's latest signing Mata - a very good player - was sought after by both Arsenal and Tottenham, going through the club before being able to approach the player (or his agent). All of a sudden Wenger called a halt to Arsenal's interest - something must have provoked that and now 'Arry is complaining that the player was interested in the most money available. I can understand that - look at Nasri doubling his wages - but initially the approach should be at club level, Mata (or his agent) must have already been getting offers from elsewere. It's a shambles, UEFA are pretty sharp at handling the smaller issues but have no idea how to handle the big-money clubs (either that or, dare I say it, they benefit from overlooking "lapses" of good behaviour from the big-money clubs).

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:It is beginning to grate a bit with these 'rich' clubs keep tapping up players and unsettling them. It really is about time something was done about the problem.

There's little doubt that the rich clubs think they can get away with anything and they do (e.g. Chelsea with Ashley Cole). Chelsea's latest signing Mata - a very good player - was sought after by both Arsenal and Tottenham, going through the club before being able to approach the player (or his agent). All of a sudden Wenger called a halt to Arsenal's interest - something must have provoked that and now 'Arry is complaining that the player was interested in the most money available. I can understand that - look at Nasri doubling his wages - but initially the approach should be at club level, Mata (or his agent) must have already been getting offers from elsewere. It's a shambles, UEFA are pretty sharp at handling the smaller issues but have no idea how to handle the big-money clubs (either that or, dare I say it, they benefit from overlooking "lapses" of good behaviour from the big-money clubs).

There is a real problem with UEFA wanting to keep the rich clubs at the top so as to maximize the TV revenues... The Champions League is designed to keep the rich clubs playing as long as possible. When a lot of them ought to have been dumped out of the cup early on. Then they get a second bite of the cherry in the also rans cup....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Man City have done with Nasrinwhat they did to Villa with Milner last summer, unsettled the player, then tried to wait as late as possible to buy the player to hinder the selling clubs chances of getting in a replacement.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 am

Do you really think 'Arry and Levy wouldn't do the same if they had the money? They think Ethics is a county east of London.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 am

Bedshammer wrote:

Do you really think 'Arry and Levy wouldn't do the same if they had the money? They think Ethics is a county east of London.

Where exactly did I say that ??? I didn't mention any clubs specifically. I know it goes on every where my point was a general one.... Try losing the Anti-spurs spectacles for 5 minutes and read what I actually said
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:32 am

The bit about the rich clubs, Frenchie. -f Aitch had a bottomless purse he'd be tapping up players all over the place.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 am

Bedshammer wrote:The bit about the rich clubs, Frenchie. -f Aitch had a bottomless purse he'd be tapping up players all over the place.

I never said he wouldn't...... I said I was fed up of it, whoever does it.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:10 pm

'Arry does it publicly. "ooh we really want that player, and this one, and this one. Thanks Mr Sun journalist." Or turns up with his bald little bumboy at an airport to poach a player who had flown to England to sign a contract with another club.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Average players though would you agree Whistle

D'you know I'm getting real pissed off with you digging me out, tosser.
You jumped into a thread about Young without reading all that I had said, picking the bits out that suited you and then ridiculing me.
Now, I've told you before, stop trying to be a smart arse, it don't suit you!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:30 pm

jeez, and here was me thinking that we all had a good sense of humor on here and could all rib each other on things.

If not then ignore the comment and I'll not dare to mock the all mighty Arsenal that must not be questioned by us lower beings.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:jeez, and here was me thinking that we all had a good sense of humor on here and could all rib each other on things.

If not then ignore the comment and I'll not dare to mock the all mighty Arsenal that must not be questioned by us lower beings.

hes just a bit on the tetchy side because hes just killed the geraniums again....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:56 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:jeez, and here was me thinking that we all had a good sense of humor on here and could all rib each other on things.

See, there you go again running off at a tangent.
Who said anything about you mocking The Arsenal??? Mock away!!!!
You know what you're doing!!!
You're smart arsing and I'll tell you again, it don't suit you!!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:14 am

Bubble bubble!!!!!! Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:00 pm

villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:32 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Bubble bubble!!!!!! Very Happy

No!!! BOOM!!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Changing the subject back to the original, I see Nasri has said Man City fans are more passionate than Arsenal fans. I don't give a shit about either club, but I consider that statement shows a complete lack of class.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Changing the subject back to the original, I see Nasri has said Man City fans are more passionate than Arsenal fans. I don't give a shit about either club, but I consider that statement shows a complete lack of class.

First off one never knows whether a player has actually said something attributed to him or not. If he said that then the man's a cnut. If we're talking passion he was the one who went off the boil halfway through last season whilst the Gooners were giving it large for him - we've now learned that he went off the boil at about the time he first agreed a new Arsenal contract and then was "approached" by ManC who basically said "What will your new contract give you? We'll double it". Although I fully understand someone doubling their earnings will move I reckon if he had any "passion" for his club, teammates, manager (who helped him become the player he is today) he might have found £90'000 a week acceptable. No doubt he'll enjoy his occasional forays on the pitch with his new team - I trust he doesn't go the way of Adebayor, for his sake.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:26 pm

He's a decent player, no more than that.
He's got much to prove.
£25m for a player who's run down his contract, what a tickle!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Shows how badly Liverpool overpaid for downing, Nasri is a far better player.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:15 am

Thing is Nasri is spot on with that comment.

Internazionale_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 am

jpr60 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Changing the subject back to the original, I see Nasri has said Man City fans are more passionate than Arsenal fans. I don't give a shit about either club, but I consider that statement shows a complete lack of class.

First off one never knows whether a player has actually said something attributed to him or not. If he said that then the man's a cnut. If we're talking passion he was the one who went off the boil halfway through last season whilst the Gooners were giving it large for him - we've now learned that he went off the boil at about the time he first agreed a new Arsenal contract and then was "approached" by ManC who basically said "What will your new contract give you? We'll double it". Although I fully understand someone doubling their earnings will move I reckon if he had any "passion" for his club, teammates, manager (who helped him become the player he is today) he might have found £90'000 a week acceptable. No doubt he'll enjoy his occasional forays on the pitch with his new team - I trust he doesn't go the way of Adebayor, for his sake.

He said it, was on SSN last night.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next