JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JPA's Blog: Juanderful Start

Go down

JPA's Blog: Juanderful Start Empty JPA's Blog: Juanderful Start

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:29 am

JPA's Blog: Juanderful Start 0,,10265~6901089,00

By Juan Pablo Angel

The new season is upon us and I can't wait to see how Villa get on. Expectations are very high - and rightly so. I am sure the manager, players and fans are really looking forward to it.

Pre-season was very productive not just in terms of results - winning the prestigious Peace Cup and beating Fiorentina at Villa Park - but also in creating that team spirit. The manager is very good at that - he believes in a good bond behind-the-scenes.

The first game of the season is always exciting and the manager and players will be urgently looking for a good start. The atmosphere at Villa Park is always incredible and I'm sure it will be sensational on the opening day.

It's going to be a tough season for the teams challenging at the top of the table.

Manchester City, Spurs, Everton and Villa will be looking to challenge the big guns - Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. For all the talk of Manchester City, I think Villa are in very good shape - even though we have lost a couple of really big stars in Gareth Barry and Martin Laursen. Saying that, I think the team has really solid foundations in the likes of Stiliyan Petrov, Emile Heskey, John Carew and Brad Friedel.

Then if you look at the additions of some really good young talent from the academy in the likes of Marc Albrighton and Nathan Delfouneso and - not forgetting the England stars Ashley Young, James Milner and Gabriel Agbonlahor - you realise we are in good shape for the coming season.

Martin has also bought some new talent in too. Those new players will bring strength and depth to the squad and that's vital with the amount of games ahead.

Martin will have been very careful in bringing the right players in. He'll have done his homework in detail, making sure the stars he signs fit into the team and his philosophy.

Back on the subject of the young lads, with a full pre-season under their belts, it wouldn't surprise me if halfway through the season we'll be talking about one of them as the next big thing.

For that, you have to give credit to Martin because he obviously has faith in youth and the academy system.

JPA's Blog: Juanderful Start 0,,10265~5683707,00

Martin is one of the best managers in the business, no doubt.

He has transformed the club. He has brought organisation, motivation, quality, discipline and a winning mentality. Above all that, he has bought us an IDENTITY. Villa have earned international respect again.

That is thanks to Martin and, of course, Randy Lerner. The club's expectations are far higher now.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10265~1754367,00.html
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum