JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It wasnt bad.............

+3
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
ADRIAN_1976
villahagler69
7 posters

Go down

It wasnt bad............. Empty It wasnt bad.............

Post  villahagler69 Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:03 pm

It was exceptionally bad. Outplayed completely by Wigan and the 2nil flattered us, could have should have been at least 4.
They doubled up trebled up on Young and with him out of it we are toothless. I have no idea what the point of Gabby is at all, he did nothing whatsoever and thats not an exaggeration, complete waste of a player. We may as well played with one up front and played another defender (if we had one) to help the clowns in at centre back. They cannot play together and we so need a new CB.
If thats what Wigan can do to us at home, then its not hopeful at all at the moment. I cannot get over how easy Wigan beat us, they were better in every area and if this doesnt spark MON and Randy into transfer action this week then nothing will.
It was a blueprint today for other teams, stop Ashley, stop Villa.

Fookin terrible opening day at VP.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

It wasnt bad............. Empty Re: It wasnt bad.............

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Worryingly form the statements Oneil has made..we arent in for another striker..

I think Oneil is a very good mangager (despite slightly agreeing with Lions point) BUT performance in buying players and at the right time will stop him from ever being a top top manager..

Despite a great pre season and signing three good player the facts are we have lost our main CB and CM and we haven't even come close to replacing them.. criminal!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:45 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Worryingly form the statements Oneil has made..we arent in for another striker..

I think Oneil is a very good mangager (despite slightly agreeing with Lions point) BUT performance in buying players and at the right time will stop him from ever being a top top manager..

Despite a great pre season and signing three good player the facts are we have lost our main CB and CM and we haven't even come close to replacing them.. criminal!

Really? (regards the striker) I missed this where/whats been said?

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:07 pm

it was embarresing today, what a shambles of a performance. I don't think I can think of a worst opening day to a season in many years.

Defence was a joke, as you say if that doesnt make MON sign someone then we are in serious trouble.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:58 pm

AVFC.. How did Beye play on his debut?

The defence is def very worrying... all four players are Oneils signings and our CB's cost a fair bit.. so far the defence has been a failure in Oneils reign..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:08 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:AVFC.. How did Beye play on his debut?

The defence is def very worrying... all four players are Oneils signings and our CB's cost a fair bit.. so far the defence has been a failure in Oneils reign..

beye was caught out of position to often, I think Lichaj might have done better, atleast he has played with the defence all pre-season.

MON has to go out there now and buy a real good CB.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

beye was caught out of position to often, I think Lichaj might have done better, atleast he has played with the defence all pre-season.

Just a CB??? affraid

We 100% need a striker to play along side Carew.. A CM who can PLAY (Defour/Veloso but we'll buy Jenas) a LB cus Shorey is SHIT!!! And TWO CBs judging by what the chuckle brothers got upto today..

As for Carew.. whats the story there? Conspricy theories flying about that he was on bench but pissed off and suddenly not he's not even on the bench... 1. i hope this isnt true and 2. unless he is injured if i was Carew i would be pissed off to be left on the bench for two strikers who dont know how to score!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:40 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

Just a CB??? affraid

We 100% need a striker to play along side Carew.. A CM who can PLAY (Defour/Veloso but we'll buy Jenas) a LB cus Shorey is SHIT!!! And TWO CBs judging by what the chuckle brothers got upto today..

As for Carew.. whats the story there? Conspricy theories flying about that he was on bench but pissed off and suddenly not he's not even on the bench... 1. i hope this isnt true and 2. unless he is injured if i was Carew i would be pissed off to be left on the bench for two strikers who dont know how to score!

Yes,whats the deal with Carew?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:45 pm

He's coming to West Ham.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:26 am

MON has taken us as far as he can ....... lost the plot confused
truevillan
truevillan

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:10 am

Ive still got faith in Oneil but anyone Villa fan who isnt concerned right now is deluded!!

The next 14odd days are massive for Villa and Oneil.. we really need to get some quality in.. the worrying thing is we havent managed to buy a decent quality defender in about three transfer windows..what are the chances we can get one in the next two weeks? plus he has to be a leader too..

We def need a LB.. Shorey is shit and Bouma is nowhere near the first team picture..

We have NO creativity in the center of midfield and we need a ball winner too.. Reo Coker did well in the peace cup and surely shouldve started yesterday..

Upfront..Gabby has looked shit all year now.. Heskey cant score enuff and Carew gets injured.. since Oneil has been here we have never brought a striker who can play off someone like Carew so what are the chances he will pull one out of the bag in two weeks.. As for Harewood.. we paid 3.75M for him and we cant even give him away for free right now!!

2 wins in the last 17 Prem games.. and they were 1-0's against the mighty Hull and Newcastle!!

Last Jan we were the team everyone was talking about.. how we were going to break the top four.. ok we tailed off but it seems we have in the space of 6months gone from a team who were looking at Champions League to a team that is in need of severe injection of players is saying soemthing..

A leader.. Quality CB.. LB.. Creative Midfielder and a out and out goal scorer are ALL required in the next two weeks.. seeing past transfer windows i have my reservations that we will get the players we require!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:32 am

CB is the position we most need to reinforce now. Imagine if we don't sign someone by the end of this window we will only have 2 CB's. I can only imagine the horror show on offer when one of them gets a little injury or suspension.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:34 am

AVFC we will DEF sign a CB.. even if its someone we pay over the odds for like Weater right at the end..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 pm

Fact of the matter is that we still haven't signed replacements for Barry and Laursen. We've let go of 3 players and bought 3 players, so it's the same number of players in the squad as last season.

Mon's not stupid, he knows we need players and in which position, so there's probably no point saying we need CB's, LB's, ST etc, etc. He wouldn't be a manager if he can't see that! scratch

We've lost our first game, but the fan's confidence is gone already lol.

Oh well, only Liverpool next in the league :doh:
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

It wasnt bad............. Empty It wasnt bad

Post  Guest Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi Magoo, of thread, but just a brief note, still had massive problems login on, finally got it to except this attempt, i will log of soon and see if i can get back on again, see how it goes..............Back to thread.

Taking everything into consideration it wasn't bad, eeeerm, anybody get the impression yesterday how jaded the team looked, how tired, one particular pass too Ashely Young that he couldn't even raise a stammer to be bothered to get to, the fact that Villa looked like a side coming to the end of a season rather than the opening game of the new campaign.

Close season fixtures: The smallest squad in the premiership, a Team that suffered from massive fatigue at the end of the previous season, from a complete lack of confidence that's mentally tired as well as physically, these lads that needed above all else in the Premiership needed a complete break from football get lined up with matches v

Juventus, FC Porto, Fiorentina, Atlente, top teams in there respective countries, and between all that Colchester, Peterborough, Oxford Utd, Malaga.

8 fixtures before Wigan, 8 games jammed in between the 18th of July and the 4th August, ffs 8 games in about 29 days, we've just played our most congested fixtures probably ever, and this with a small squad, badly needing a rest, on top of that, we have players playing at U21, and 3 days before the start of the season we have 2 players on full England duty,no chance, to make a comparison Wigan played in there warm up Crewe, Preston and Leigh Genesis, or you could say West Ham who played Gray's Cambridge and Napoli, bad organization at club level contributed to a lack lustre start, as for Mon i feel sure he will bring players in because he has to, one player that we should look at IMO is Royston Drenthal, Real Madrid, about 10ml they want, a player very much in the Barry mould, but will be better in my opinion, that said, if i have said it once on the old Jwned i must have said it 6 times, Mon's epitaph on his demise, whenever that is won't be his passion or his ability to get the most from players or even his tactics or lack of a support figure, it will be how Mon has conducted his transfer roles at the club, we should have more and better players, and we should be able to attract them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum