JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting!

+4
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
QBVILLA
villainies
villahagler69
8 posters

Go down

Interesting! Empty Interesting!

Post  villahagler69 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Guardian: Alex McLeish, the beleaguered manager of Aston Villa, could be forgiven for experiencing unsettling sense of déjà vu. His side's 1-0 defeat by Manchester United on Saturday as left the club with a record of P14 D7 L4, matching precisely the results of Birmingham City, the team he left in the summer following their relegation, at the same stage of last season.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Interesting! Empty Re: Interesting!

Post  villainies Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:10 pm

3 home wins against Wigan , Blackburn and Norwich. Lowest possession stats, lowest shots per game. Lerner has to be looking at the fixtures we have coming up and making a contingency plan. We are not far off the mess we were in under DOL.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:16 pm

villainies wrote:3 home wins against Wigan , Blackburn and Norwich. Lowest possession stats, lowest shots per game. Lerner has to be looking at the fixtures we have coming up and making a contingency plan. We are not far off the mess we were in under DOL.

Agreed, and in O'leary's defence he didn't have the quality of players that McMinge has to work with.Not good enough, nowhere near.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:19 pm

would have been better of with the frog Mad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:would have been better of with the frog Mad

Steady fucking on.That's like saying that you're dumping Pat Butcher for Dot Cotton
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:26 pm

By a mile.. Houllier biggest fcuk up was his love fest with Liverpool Tosspot otherwise he knew what he was doing.. he fell out with Collins Dunne Warnock for a reason.. they were shit and couldn't adapt to harder training and trying to play it on the floor and not hoooof football..

He gave the youngsters a chance and was looking to get rid of the old guard and get in some players who could play it on the deck..

Last season our kids battered Utd and was a joy to watch.. forward to this seasons home game...................
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:29 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Steady fucking on.That's like saying that you're dumping Pat Butcher for Dot Cotton

He might have been a french tnuc but atleast he had to players passing the ball around and creating chances, ok he had Downing and Young, but even so I think we would be better off then we are with mr negative.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Have to say I think I would prefer the frog to the jock as well. Might have been shite, but at least we would have tried to play a bit of football instead of lumping the ball as far as we can
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:45 pm

GH would've got it right if he'd stayed. Having said that it was always a gamble with his health.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 pm

I never thought i would say this but I would have preferred Houllier to McLeish, I've just found some sucker to buy my ticket off me for the Liverpool and Swansea game as I just can't be bothered to go at the moment, Arsenal I'm going to as I'd already booked the day off work to have some beers in town first.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:44 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

By a mile.. Houllier biggest fcuk up was his love fest with Liverpool Tosspot otherwise he knew what he was doing.. he fell out with Collins Dunne Warnock for a reason.. they were shit and couldn't adapt to harder training and trying to play it on the floor and not hoooof football..

He gave the youngsters a chance and was looking to get rid of the old guard and get in some players who could play it on the deck..

Last season our kids battered Utd and was a joy to watch.. forward to this seasons home game...................

You fickle little tnuc, every single Villa fan hated Houllier last season and now you think he's the greatest manager since Alf Ramsey. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Are you lot suffering from amnesia????????????
Sunderland at home
Wolves at home
Man City in the FA cup
Liverpool away
Blackburn away

Just for starters that is.Downing and Young in the side as well.Make no mistake the football under McMinge is tripe but don't get misty eyed about the quality of football under that Frog twat.We barely scored and conceded an absolute shedload.I have the same amount of contempt for Gerard Houllier as I do Trevor fucking Francis.Houllier would've got it right had he stayed???????? 6th place to a relegation battle.A strong defence to nigh on 60 goals in the against column.Complete disrespect for the club and disregard for the fans, that shitbag was taking us only one way and that was down.

And to just jog your memories:

https://jwned.forumotion.com/t4620-mr-houllier
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Not saying the frog was any good Qb but atleast I wasn't bored out my fucking mind watching the villa back then, I'm completely despondent to the current quality of viewing at VP and away from home, in fact all away games are now being returned by me, I'm not going Bolton this weekend and that was only £24. Its fucking depressing.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Houls was getting us back on the right track. This season we'd be doing a lot better if he hadn't been an unhealthy fecker. Given four or five seasons he would've got us punching well above our means. Only the fickles couldn't see his qualities. Suspect
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:13 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Are you lot suffering from amnesia????????????
Sunderland at home
Wolves at home
Man City in the FA cup
Liverpool away
Blackburn away

Just for starters that is.Downing and Young in the side as well.Make no mistake the football under McMinge is tripe but don't get misty eyed about the quality of football under that Frog twat.We barely scored and conceded an absolute shedload.I have the same amount of contempt for Gerard Houllier as I do Trevor fucking Francis.Houllier would've got it right had he stayed???????? 6th place to a relegation battle.A strong defence to nigh on 60 goals in the against column.Complete disrespect for the club and disregard for the fans, that shitbag was taking us only one way and that was down.

We finished 9th in that relegation battle Rolling Eyes
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:14 pm

As for our strong defence.. i wonder who in the top 7 would take any of our strong defenders?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Sunderland at home
Wolves at home
Man City in the FA cup
Liverpool away
Blackburn away

It's kind of like comparing two pieces of shit, but as that thread shows, McLeish has managed to turn the fans against him a month earlier.

McLeish has managed to make me feel it's no even worth using my season ticket to go and watch the game, it was shocking under Houllier but it seems under McLeish it will be worse.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:19 pm

I'd rather Dot Cotton than Pat Butcher
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I'd rather Dot Cotton than Pat Butcher

No surprise there then. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:32 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Sunderland at home
Wolves at home
Man City in the FA cup
Liverpool away
Blackburn away

We finished 9th in that relegation battle Rolling Eyes

We went to Arsenal the last but one game of the season in a relegation battle and were only safe going into the last game.We finished a whopping 8 points clear of 18th place.If you don't consider that to be a relegation battle then i've seriously underestimated your intelligence.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:34 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:As for our strong defence.. i wonder who in the top 7 would take any of our strong defenders?

Another daft statement, these Christmas 24hr shifts are puddling your brain Rolling Eyes
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Nothing daft about it.. Collins Dunne and Warnock are rubbish.. cant defend set pieces.. if they were any good im sure top 7 in Prem would consider them..

P.s ill leave the 24hr shifts to you Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Nothing daft about it.. Collins Dunne and Warnock are rubbish.. cant defend set pieces.. if they were any good im sure top 7 in Prem would consider them..

P.s ill leave the 24hr shifts to you Very Happy

And you call yourself an Asian Mad Fucking part timer No
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum