JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McLeish

+3
roadoftrinity
Tilton
villainies
7 posters

Go down

McLeish Empty McLeish

Post  villainies Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:36 pm

A few weeks back I was convinced he would be gone by the end of the season. Now I'm much less sure, unless we slip below 15th. If he finishes 10th ish, then he is here to stay and will be able to build his own team. Looking at the players we have I'm starting to think 10th is about right (even quite good) and the stick he's getting is based around expecatation rather than reality. The biggest disappointment is the Zog who he got in but has failed so far to settle in. This is a huge blow but it's a signing most fans wanted and its perplexing why he can't seem to produce the goods for us. Sounds like a lot have fans have already made their mind up but I'm not convinced anymore another manager would get much more out of what we've got.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

McLeish Empty Re: McLeish

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:42 pm

villainies wrote:A few weeks back I was convinced he would be gone by the end of the season. Now I'm much less sure, unless we slip below 15th. If he finishes 10th ish, then he is here to stay and will be able to build his own team. Looking at the players we have I'm starting to think 10th is about right (even quite good) and the stick he's getting is based around expecatation rather than reality. The biggest disappointment is the Zog who he got in but has failed so far to settle in. This is a huge blow but it's a signing most fans wanted and its perplexing why he can't seem to produce the goods for us. Sounds like a lot have fans have already made their mind up but I'm not convinced anymore another manager would get much more out of what we've got.

Isn't that always the case with you vilers though?

Thinking that you should qualify for Europe every season when in reality you're just an average mid-table club.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Tilton wrote:
villainies wrote:A few weeks back I was convinced he would be gone by the end of the season. Now I'm much less sure, unless we slip below 15th. If he finishes 10th ish, then he is here to stay and will be able to build his own team. Looking at the players we have I'm starting to think 10th is about right (even quite good) and the stick he's getting is based around expecatation rather than reality. The biggest disappointment is the Zog who he got in but has failed so far to settle in. This is a huge blow but it's a signing most fans wanted and its perplexing why he can't seem to produce the goods for us. Sounds like a lot have fans have already made their mind up but I'm not convinced anymore another manager would get much more out of what we've got.

Thinking that you should qualify for Europe every season when in reality you're just an average mid-table club.

now now Tilts don't be a dickhead. Quite rightly Villa fans expect to be at least best of the rest. That should put us at 7th right now but we're not and IMO we haven't got a team capable of that and its a problem.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Your glory days of being 'best of the rest' are over. You might want to lower your expectations to avoid future disappointments. Just trying to help, like.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:39 pm

Tilton wrote:Your glory days of being 'best of the rest' are over. You might want to lower your expectations to avoid future disappointments. Just trying to help, like.

Depends what best of the rest is, reckon that's more likely to be 7th unless Dalglish is at Liverpool for a few years and will be round about there, as there wont be many points between 7th and 15th most seasons, the most exciting league in the world aye.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 pm

Tilton wrote:

Qualified for Europe on 11 occasions in 20 years of Premierleague football, that would seem that we are usually there or there abouts more often then not so while perhaps the standard of the team is dropping at the moment there is every right to be the expectation of qualification or at the very least challenging to qualify which we aren't at the moment and probably unlikely to without further investment.

Anyway cheerio you have the task of actually getting into the premierleague to worry about, no need to be concerned about us remaining comfortably in the division above you. Wave

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Yep, I know you have a proud history of getting knocked out by Rapid Vienna in recent years before the competition has even properly started Very Happy

Even with McLeish in charge, I don't think that you'll get relegated either. You may stay up comfortably or it might be a bit closer than you'd like but you won't go down this year.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Fickle feckers. Very Happy

Not a dig by the way, but I reckon McLeish should be proud of himself if you finish 10th considering you've sold the stars of the MON era.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Mecliesh out.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:22 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Mecliesh out.

I never realized you were a drinker.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Been hitting the bottle ever since that twat was appointed Sad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:54 pm

I really hope McLeish succeeds for the following reasons

A, well he's the manager of my club
B, He's carried himself extremely well despite the adversity
C, How much would it piss the Blues fans off if Villa actually did well and it was with their ex gaffer at the helm?

IMO only relegation would threaten his job.Mr Lerner has paid out in excess of £10m in the last year to managers so we may as well back him.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:18 pm

C ain't going to happen mate - unless you class avoiding relegation as doing well these days.

Fickle fecker

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:25 pm

I've never wanted him and still don't.

Cant see him succeeding. Don't think he has the scouting system to get good players in at 5M or less.. the kind of fees we will be dealing with really.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:35 pm

Lets be honest, who is going to get us higher than at least 7th place with the finance he has been given. Jesus has a point, we lost our two most creative players in the summer, along with others. As ROT has said, the football has been better over the last month or so.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Yes has to be said that the football has improved the last 5 games or so. Not sure that's us being fickle either most villa fans main problem with his appointment was the boring negative football if he changes that then it would be more fickle to carry on not liking him, the home form dies still need massive improvement though

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum