JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor Performance

+5
jpr60
QBVILLA
ADRIAN_1976
FrenchSpur
jak
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poor Performance Empty Poor Performance

Post  jak Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Well. Comprehensively stuffed in Milan.
To see an Arsenal side with no fight whatsoever, a pushover, is sad indeed.
Many looked lethargic, always on their heels and not too bothered.
The flowing football that Arsene introduced to the club has been replaced by tippy tappy sideways, slow, going nowhere football that breaks down oh too easy.
I can accept seeing my team beaten, what is not acceptable is seeing them swanning around and not giving their all.

jak

Back to top Go down

Poor Performance Empty Re: Poor Performance

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Your defence is just not there. If you had one things would look better for you
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Both full backs available tonight but ripped apart.. Milan looked very good..

On a side note..Boetangs goal was class.. he's done really well for Milan and last World Cup.. but according to some he's shite.. foreigners cant play in planet birmingham.. the likes of Sidwell is the way forward Rolling Eyes
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Both full backs available tonight but ripped apart.. Milan looked very good..

On a side note..Boetangs goal was class.. he's done really well for Milan and last World Cup.. but according to some he's shite.. foreigners cant play in planet birmingham.. the likes of Sidwell is the way forward Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Yes Ades, being foreign guarantees success.Racist fecker
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Two views :
1) Optimistic Gooner - we conceded 4 goals, the first : a Wonder Strike; the second : an Offside-In-The-Build-Up goal; the third : a Defender-Slipped-Over goal; the fourth : a Very-Generous-Penalty goal. Therefore, playing as bad as we did we could, with a bit of luck have got away with a 1-0 defeat (sort of "getting a result wen you're playing badly").
2) Cynical Gooner - why the eff did we bother showing up to play if we can't?
In fact I'm shocked to see an Arsenal team just not playing. The defence looked as shaky as I've ever seen it, yet we had four players there playing in position for once. Koscielny was OK IMO - but he and Vermaelen are probably too similar to be playing in tandem (and that was a pathetic display from Vermaelen who, hitherto I'd reckoned to be as good as any other centre-back in England). The midfield - Arteta, Song, Rosicky, Walcott and Ramsey, presumably picked to control the centre of the park - did nothing. They neither played together nor as help to the defence or attack - they were an atrocious collection of second-to-every-ball unskilled labour. No spark, no aggression - nothing.
In attack RvP moved about a lot, had a couple of half-chances which, on another day he might have had some luck with but he was spear-heading a team totally lacking guile or commitment. The Ox looked a better bet coming on, poor old TH wasn't able to make the proverbial silk purse out of our collective pig's ear and that was that!
Frankly, if that was a match we cared about heaven help us for the display coming up in the FA Cup this weekend!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Or the Realistic Gooner....

You were beaten by a better team that made you look worse than you may have been
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 pm

1) That is hilarious JPR, even Arsenal fans at work are admitting they were lucky to get away with 4
2) Wenger needs to take a long look at how his team performed last night, Oxlade Chamberlain not playing was very poor decision IMHO.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 pm

view 3 from the unbiased spectator,
Outclassed, out thought and out fought
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:59 pm

villanfromluton wrote:1) That is hilarious JPR, even Arsenal fans at work are admitting they were lucky to get away with 4
2) Wenger needs to take a long look at how his team performed last night, Oxlade Chamberlain not playing was very poor decision IMHO.

But my "Optimistic Gooner" view is based on what could have happened under other circumstances (e.g. player pulled up for offside, defender not slipping over, ref not conned for penalty). Even "Optimistic Gooner" realises that we were carp but that, on another day, we might have escaped losing 1-0. Clearly we deserved the thrashing - no doubt about that!
In truth I cannot see how we can expect the bunch of players we saw last night to turn up as a team on Saturday - I fail to see what kind of motivation could inspire a decent performance. If you can't play half-way decently at the San Siro in front of millions of watching viewers and 5,000 fans who've travelled to support you when can you play well?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm

QBVILLA wrote:view 3 from the unbiased spectator,
Outclassed, out thought and out fought

There lies the problem QB. The "out" implies an element of competition in "Outclassed", "out-thought" and "out-fought". I'd have no problem accepting a beating if we'd had any class whatsoever, if we'd thought or even fought during the 90-odd minutes, we simply didn't even start. That's what's hard to take because those same players can play and work well together as a team. My question is, WTF happened?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

I only watched the second half but I thought Milan looked top quality. Arsenal are there for the taking these days esp. against really good teams.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm

One thing we as fans can't accept is a lack of fight. Milan were the better side but imo Arsenal were guilty of rolling over
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 pm

villainies wrote:I only watched the second half but I thought Milan looked top quality. Arsenal are there for the taking these days esp. against really good teams.

So thats villa fuked then

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 pm

QBVILLA wrote:One thing we as fans can't accept is a lack of fight. Milan were the better side but imo Arsenal were guilty of rolling over

That's absolutely right!!!!
What good are Rosicky, Arteta, Walcott or Ramsey in a situation where you've got to dig in, track back and help out your defence. A team can afford the luxury of a really good player who plays a floating roll but not 4 very average players swanning around. These players totally neglected their defensive duties, let down their defensive team mates and worst of all betrayed the Arsenal fans.
The Arsenal need some beef in midfield not nancy boys like Rosicky.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:13 pm

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:One thing we as fans can't accept is a lack of fight. Milan were the better side but imo Arsenal were guilty of rolling over

That's absolutely right!!!!
What good are Rosicky, Arteta, Walcott or Ramsey in a situation where you've got to dig in, track back and help out your defence. A team can afford the luxury of a really good player who plays a floating roll but not 4 very average players swanning around. These players totally neglected their defensive duties, let down their defensive team mates and worst of all betrayed the Arsenal fans.
The Arsenal need some beef in midfield not nancy boys like Rosicky.

I think you need a defence first...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 pm

You need more than your defenders to defend. Even if Dixon, Keown, Adams and Winterburn were in the team, they would find it difficult if there were no midfielders tracking back to help them. You attack as a team and defend as a team. Most damning thing I heard was some Gooner who was in Milan last night speaking this mornign on the radio. Wasnt a young bloke and said he had been through good and bad times, but what pist him off most was the fact only 3 of the players went over to the fans at the end of the game, Henry, Oxlad Chamberlain and the keeper. Something similar happened with Villa recently and think it says everything about these tossers, who dont give a stuff
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:46 pm

what have Heather Mills and Arsenal got in common?

The second leg in only for show
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:57 pm

villanfromluton wrote:You need more than your defenders to defend. Even if Dixon, Keown, Adams and Winterburn were in the team, they would find it difficult if there were no midfielders tracking back to help them. You attack as a team and defend as a team. Most damning thing I heard was some Gooner who was in Milan last night speaking this mornign on the radio. Wasnt a young bloke and said he had been through good and bad times, but what pist him off most was the fact only 3 of the players went over to the fans at the end of the game, Henry, Oxlad Chamberlain and the keeper. Something similar happened with Villa recently and think it says everything about these tossers, who dont give a stuff

That's absolutely correct !!!!
As for the players, it speaks bundles of the feckin overpaid mercenary prima donnas stealing a fortune out of football today. No passion or loyalty for the club or it's fans.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:50 pm

I remember Arsenal having a good-old set-to in the changing room with Tony Adams slating the likes of Vieira and Petit for not helping out in defensive duties - it worked.
My fear is that today there are no voices in the changing room, nobody actually caring enough to challenge the others. Wenger is supposed to have torn them all off a strip - let's hope he can find something in them to turn the tide otherwise this could be a bad end to a poor season.
However, looking on the bright side ("Optimistic-Gooner" mode) we're in with a chance in the FA Cup and we're fourth in the Premier League. The season is not over, there's still a lot to play for. That's the challenge now for Wenger and his team - show us what you've got or by Jesus there'll be hell to pay!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:42 pm

jpr60 wrote:I remember Arsenal having a good-old set-to in the changing room with Tony Adams slating the likes of Vieira and Petit for not helping out in defensive duties - it worked.
My fear is that today there are no voices in the changing room, nobody actually caring enough to challenge the others. Wenger is supposed to have torn them all off a strip - let's hope he can find something in them to turn the tide otherwise this could be a bad end to a poor season.
However, looking on the bright side ("Optimistic-Gooner" mode) we're in with a chance in the FA Cup and we're fourth in the Premier League. The season is not over, there's still a lot to play for. That's the challenge now for Wenger and his team - show us what you've got or by Jesus there'll be hell to pay!

The thing is, jpr, our midfield is so lightweight. I was watching Man C last night and thinking how much we need a powerhouse like YaYa Toure.
Watching our midfield pisses me off, they form a line just short of the opposition penalty area and then start that pointless square passing, back and forth across the pitch until one of them fecks up and gives the ball away, setting up the counter attack.
I also cannot imagine what our game plan was, the other night. scratch

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Were you not linked with Yara Toure a long while back, would have been a great signing. Read article by Martin Keown today saying basically the same as JPR, no real leaders on the pitch
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:13 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Were you not linked with Yara Toure a long while back, would have been a great signing. Read article by Martin Keown today saying basically the same as JPR, no real leaders on the pitch

I think at one point we had the chance of Yaya, Kolo and Eboue. We kept Kolo and Eboue. A slight slip up, I think. Shocked

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Jak, was he actually at Arsenal on trial, unusual for Wenger to miss out like that
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, was he actually at Arsenal on trial, unusual for Wenger to miss out like that

I'm not sure of the circumstances but No2 son told me about it today and he's a mountain of information about all things Arsenal.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Whereas you are the mountain of all shite information
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content