JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Minutes gone, already 1-0 down!

5 posters

Go down

2 Minutes gone, already 1-0 down! Empty 2 Minutes gone, already 1-0 down!

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 pm

:bottom:

scratch
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

2 Minutes gone, already 1-0 down! Empty Re: 2 Minutes gone, already 1-0 down!

Post  villainies Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Jay.P.A wrote::bottom:

scratch

confused
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:11 pm

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Gabby to come on and score the equalizer
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Rapid---decent side, just one goal down i think they would have wanted more, IMO we will go through once we have them back at Villa.

As for Villa, very very strange, i have never seen Villa so half arsed, I actually wouldn't say it was just a matter of confidence, difficult to put your finger on the problem, one things for sure, if we don't snap out of this, most Premiership sides will offer a lot more than Rapid that's for sure, and Liverpool definitely will.

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:20 pm

Another clueless, lacklustre display again from us. I feel like this at the moment regards this Europa campaign. That was bloody painful (again) to watch, if MON and Randy dont make some signings ASAP I hope to f**k we are out ASAP.
Everybody knows our squad is to small to mount a top 6 challenge, compete in FA and League Cups comps and Im fed up to death of the small squad excuses and awful, lazy displays.
Its pretty dire at present and Rapid looked pretty comfortable throughout and could have won by more, if this is what we have to come Id rather it went into our rather more luctrative Prem survival campaign.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:09 am

villahagler69 wrote:Another clueless, lacklustre display again from us. I feel like this at the moment regards this Europa campaign. That was bloody painful (again) to watch, if MON and Randy dont make some signings ASAP I hope to f**k we are out ASAP.
Everybody knows our squad is to small to mount a top 6 challenge, compete in FA and League Cups comps and Im fed up to death of the small squad excuses and awful, lazy displays.
Its pretty dire at present and Rapid looked pretty comfortable throughout and could have won by more, if this is what we have to come Id rather it went into our rather more luctrative Prem survival campaign.

For me even without any new players, with the money we;ve spent Wigan and Rapid should be straightforward wins. MON has got to get a grip of the situation quickly. This is rubbish football.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:41 am

villainies wrote:

For me even without any new players, with the money we;ve spent Wigan and Rapid should be straightforward wins. MON has got to get a grip of the situation quickly. This is rubbish football.

I am not happy with the way this summer has gone, especially in the transfer window, however, this is football, with the money Man U have spent they should beat Burnley.

The Wigan game was terrible, worst performance that I have seen in a long while. However Rapid away, we were poor yes, but how many times do you see these away European games were the weeker team wins, we still have a very good chance in the second leg, and our first leg wasnt helped by an over fussy ref along with Sidwell and NRC giving away free kicks at every chance they got so the game never had chance to flow.

As for Ashley Young, no idea what has happened to him but he needs to sort himself our as he cant beat a player at the moment.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 am

I only watched 5 mins of it yesterday as thursday's are football day for me.Saw one great bit of wing play by Young when he turned two players and whipped in a great cross left footed.Davies probably should have done better with his header.I take it the rest of the game lacked this sort of quality? What I would say regarding Young is that now barry has gone teams are basically doubling up on Young as he is our only supply line.We need to vary the play more.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:58 am

QBVILLA wrote:I only watched 5 mins of it yesterday as thursday's are football day for me.Saw one great bit of wing play by Young when he turned two players and whipped in a great cross left footed.Davies probably should have done better with his header.I take it the rest of the game lacked this sort of quality? What I would say regarding Young is that now barry has gone teams are basically doubling up on Young as he is our only supply line.We need to vary the play more.

I missed the first 10 minutes :) but yes, it did lack that bit of quality.

To be honest, I think that I have started to get frustrated with Young due to his constant diving and moaning at the ref, other than trying to play football so I probably have it in for him a bit. However, his final ball has got a lot worse in the past 6-9 months, when he used to be probably one of the best crossers of the ball in the Premier League. I know that he is still young, and players do go through lulls in there game, but I wish he would stop fecking diving so much.

Personally, I would try playing him off the front man against Liverpool, he is meant to be our main player so lets get the ball to him and see if we can get out of this poor spell as what we are doing currently isnt working.

Curtis Davies went off injured yesterday with a shoulder injury, it's an absolute joke that MON hasnt sorted out a new centre back yet.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:49 am

QBVILLA wrote:I only watched 5 mins of it yesterday as Thursday's are football day for me.Saw one great bit of wing play by Young when he turned two players and whipped in a great cross left footed.Davies probably should have done better with his header.I take it the rest of the game lacked this sort of quality? What I would say regarding Young is that now barry has gone teams are basically doubling up on Young as he is our only supply line.We need to vary the play more.

QB: I think we'll turn them over next week, i can't see to much problem there, nice passing side, but they didn't impress me of any real quality to kill a game of.

The summer so far, I agree, i always said Mon's grey area that would trip him up was his ability or lack of to see talent, for me the minute he starting lashing out money on players like Harewood, Sidwell, Cuellor, just said to me, there's no real game plan, he's doing it again now with Collins, he's done it already with Beye, why would you spend the kind of money that Delph cost on an unproven quantity when we have far more pressing needs for positions, why would you let one CB go in Knight who's every bit the equal of Beye (don't say a lot) and with the age allowance you would have to say, better than Beye, when if you go down the road of selling Knight you put that cash towards your Hangeland's, my opinion is judging by fan reaction Mon is probably 5 defeats away from leaving the club. As for Ash Young, firstly i have never been swept along with euphoria that's developed around the player, don't get me wrong, decent player, but i can also see massive flaws in his game, last nights performance screamed these flaws, how many times did you see, sweeping crosses, because he finds it impossible to lift his head to actually pin point were the ball needs to go, hence straight across the box into no mans land, theres a lot of froth, puffing and panting about his game and a lot of down a dead end instead of the simple ball, last night Rapid did there homework, doubled up on him, removed the threat, because of the hype which he believes the guy is playing in a bubble, instead of improving, like that he is a Villa player, love it when he does play well, but he's not the finished product and Downing will definitely be a better left sided option IMO, more balanced player, Gabby is suffering from the same thing and his form has vanished to god knows were, we need to do something very fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum